Interests > Living Off of the Grid & Survivalism

Advice for a friend

<< < (4/4)

Thor:

--- Quote from: DumbAss Tanker on September 08, 2010, 11:00:13 PM ---If you're going to pick a shotgun for limited penetration and then load it up with something like aerodynamically-stabilized copper slugs riding a magnum powder load and fired out of a full choke, you're just too big a ****head to be shooting it in the first place.

--- End quote ---

There are plenty of those "****heads" out there. My point is.... just because it's a shotgun doesn't mean it won't affect a neighbor, especially in an apartment or houses with vinyl siding over buffalo board walls and drywall. The better thing is to actually HIT what one is aiming at. That limits where those pesky bullets wind up.

DumbAss Tanker:
Whatever.  Joe Sixpack hitting exactly where he should be aiming at perfectly in a home defense situation is an ideal, not reality.

crockspot:
A shotgun has the advantage of that nice sound it makes when you rack a shell into the chamber. If that doesn't make the scum crap themselves and run for the door, then you probably have a fight on your hands.

I would suggest watching some videos on tactical use of a shotgun as well. There are a couple of shell handling and quick-loading techniques that everyone who owns a shotgun for defense should know.

For example: unloaded pump shotgun, slide back with chamber open, holding the grip in right hand. With a shell in your left hand, primer end against your pinkie, business end against your index finger, reach under the gun and flip the shell into the open action port on the side, then slam the slide forward.

You have a round ready to rock while you fumble around loading more shells into the bottom of the action. This also increases your shell capacity +1

You can buy dummy rounds to practice loading with.

Thor:

--- Quote from: DumbAss Tanker on September 10, 2010, 03:28:08 PM ---Whatever.  Joe Sixpack hitting exactly where he should be aiming at perfectly in a home defense situation is an ideal, not reality.

--- End quote ---

You may be right, but I believe in the tenets that our founding fathers originated. The one thing about firearms ownership that they thought was absolutely necessary is proficiency. If a person isn't proficient enough with their weapon, then they shouldn't own it, IMO. just my 2¢ worth.

Airwolf:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8goqlUu4D4U[/youtube]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version