Interests > Living Off of the Grid & Survivalism

Just saw this on TV

<< < (2/3) > >>

Inga:

--- Quote from: FGL on March 01, 2010, 04:52:12 PM ---heirloom seeds could also be outlawed soon if Monsanto gets their way

--- End quote ---

Monsanto won't get all of us stocking seed.There are to many to count.It's good to have like people close by.Giants eventually fall.

JLO:

--- Quote from: thundley4 on March 01, 2010, 04:23:02 PM ---http://www.survivalseedbank.com/

They are promoting this as something for WTSHTF. It was on FNC, so the DUmmies won't see it.

--- End quote ---

Don't folks save seeds from their own fruit and flower plants anymore? Cost  = $0.

I'll admit I don't either, but I am just returning to gardening with an Aerogrow garden to start seeds.  Wow, now that is spendy seed starting with the master gardener kit.  $20 just for the kit and no seeds.

Well, shoot - I improvised.  Truly, the starting seeds in water makes a huge difference, and they also had the nutrients.  Tomato seeds I started:  CowPots and others in the Aerogarden water.  The Aerogarden ones transplanted into Cowpots are almost twice the size of the ones I just started in soil.

Well, that left me with just three new spongy things to start with to transplant peppers into the soil.  So, I made do and used paper towels to stuff into the plastic thing-a-ma-jigs.  Voila - it worked!  I got peppers sprouted.

:beer:

Thor:
Some of the seeds from plants don't ever sprout. :( Probably made to be sterile so people CAN'T grow their own. There is legislation in the works to prevent/ dissuade people from growing their own vegetables and fruits. Something about heavy taxes or something, I forget. 

The Village Idiot:

--- Quote from: Thor on April 03, 2010, 11:53:45 AM ---Some of the seeds from plants don't ever sprout. :( Probably made to be sterile so people CAN'T grow their own. There is legislation in the works to prevent/ dissuade people from growing their own vegetables and fruits. Something about heavy taxes or something, I forget. 

--- End quote ---

Yes, the Congress members husband works at Monsanto, so they have a financial stake in banning heirloom seeds it seems.

Inga:
This is a good site to learn from:http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/

Most of you probable know it already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version