Interests > Living Off of the Grid & Survivalism

The monkey & the football

<< < (3/15) > >>

Aaron Burr:
I couldn't burn a classic. I could however, burn Mein Kampf. Besides, I'd probably just hollow it out and keep my "meds" in there.

DefiantSix:
I'm fortunate in that when I finally found gainful employment again late last year, it was at a location only about 8-10 miles from home (closer to the 8 figure).  Also, the company owners are all former marines, and so have no problem with my keeping the XD.45 in my briefcase at all times.  If the balloon ever went up, I could hoof it home in about 3 hours, rendezvous with the wife and son (who should have had our bug-out boxes loaded onto the truck by then) and we can bug out to an undisclosed location.

bijou:
I live about 40-45 minutes walk from my office and often walk home, I do have a mini first aid kit there so I might take that in case I came across anyone who needed some assistance  but otherwise this is the only scenario in which I have an easyish time. (I would stop at an ATM on my way as cash is always useful and maybe pick up a few provisions too to add to my store).

JohnnyReb:
Well, I officially retired Monday so I'll most likely be at home should the sh*t hit the fan.....

If it were real bad I'd dig a hole on top of a hill on the farm and bury an old school bus or a tractor trailer in it. Then a connecting piece of culvert to a foxhole for defensive purposes....now I'm set.

LC EFA:

--- Quote from: JohnnyReb on January 08, 2010, 04:02:36 AM ---Well, I officially retired Monday so I'll most likely be at home should the sh*t hit the fan.....

If it were real bad I'd dig a hole on top of a hill on the farm and bury an old school bus or a tractor trailer in it. Then a connecting piece of culvert to a foxhole for defensive purposes....now I'm set.

--- End quote ---

Shipping containers.

Cheap. Convenient and easily transported.

Fairly unremarkable to have them around on an agricultural property.

Dig it in, back-fill with concrete, cover with dirt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version