Interests > Living Off of the Grid & Survivalism

What do you have in that bag.

<< < (2/8) > >>

thundley4:

--- Quote from: Thor on January 07, 2010, 10:05:50 AM ---What if your vehicle doesn't work (for whatever reason) and you have to carry everything on your back?? What then??

--- End quote ---

Just hit a car dealership.

JohnnyReb:

--- Quote from: Thor on January 07, 2010, 10:05:50 AM ---What if your vehicle doesn't work (for whatever reason) and you have to carry everything on your back?? What then??

--- End quote ---

You capture some (wink-wink) local "donkeys" to pull the wagon. Then shoot and eat them when you get where you're going....remember to eat the white ones last ....experts say they taste funny, you know.

LC EFA:

--- End quote ---

Should that happen then I'm unprepared - and deserve to lose.

Seriously though -

I have a camelbak backpack which has a first aid kit, waterproof matches, wire saw , water purification tablets, some barley sugar cubes, some muesli bars, 2 10'X10' disposable painting drop sheets (shelter) , some cord, and a bottle of soluble multivitamens in it.

Added to that is my hunting belt - which has two large knives - one a stabber and one a cutter - a couple of folding knives and a Gerber multi tool.

Load up all the ammo in the house , grab the tacklebox , the rifle and the fishing rod and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces from the house.

Climate is warm - hot all year round so no need to deal with cold weather issues (which I'm not real learned on). Plenty of fresh water - and plenty of forage meat. Once away from the populated areas there's enough forage fruits and meats to sustain life at least for a while.

Quality of life just isn't the same without the 3/4 ton or so of gear I'm used to having for extended trips away from civilization.

catsmtrods:
Guns and ammo
Tent Cabela's alaska guide
Sleeping bags Good ones slumberjack -15
Trioxine lots of it
Mess kit
firestarter flint
Knives
lots of spices
water filters 2 msr waterworks
5 gal colapisable container
first aid
flash lights good little ones
good change of clothes
as many mre's as I can carry
all packed in 2 back packs and a duffel
yamaha 400 4 wheel drive and Ford ranger 4 wd w/30 extra gal gas

The Village Idiot:

--- Quote from: thundley4 on January 07, 2010, 10:33:14 AM ---Just hit a car dealership.

--- End quote ---

See the new thread I just posted? heh....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version