Author Topic: Our Founding Fathers - Adams, Hancock, Revere, Franklin,....Hussein?  (Read 924 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
ingin (868 posts)       Sun Sep-07-08 03:00 PM
Original message
"One Simple Question." On the Experience of a Community Organizer. 

Blah, blah, blah, ....

Let us not forget that our second president, John Adams, and many of our Founding Fathers including John Hancock, Paul Revere, and Ben Franklin, were community organizers in a loose organization called The Sons of Liberty.

These community organizers, not unlike Barack Obama led a social movement that led to the formation of the United States.

So for anyone who would like to truly compair Obama's experience organizing a movement that has drafted him one step from the White House, I would ask one simple question:

What movement has Sarah Palin organized?

Blah, blah, blah....
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3943124
Now this is a really world-class case of moral equivalency!

On one side, the Founding Fathers of our country, who placed their property, their lives, and those of their wives and children, in mortal peril, to pursue a dream of liberty. The result of their heroism is the greatest nation in the history of mankind.

On the other side, a marxist Indonesian madrassa student of mysterious origins, teaming with a convicted terrorist to drain several million dollars from the Chicago public treasury for "school improvements". The result was no change in the abysmal Chicago schools, but wealth and a political career for the marxist Indonesian madrassa student.

So, yeah, I guess I can see how one is not unlike the other.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Our Founding Fathers - Adams, Hancock, Revere, Franklin,....Hussein?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »
The Founding Fathers were not, by ANY AND EVERY POSSIBLE DEFINITION, "Community Organizers."

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
The native American DUmb**** needs to think about this.  What movement has Sarah Palin organized?  How 'bout the "Throw-the-corrupt-bums-out-of-office" movement?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »
And what "social movement" has Ooooobama led? Is Chicago some utopian society? Are the streets paved with cookies? I must have missed that.....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »
And what "social movement" has Ooooobama led? Is Chicago some utopian society? Are the streets paved with cookies? I must have missed that.....

It's missing a word--"social bowel movement."  So, the streets are paved with shit.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »
Yeah, pretty much.

I'm LOVING the fact that Gov. Palin has a great record to show the American people. Oooobama has.....sh*t :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Zeus

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 03:53:59 PM »
I find it humorous and somewhat amazing that the Democrat Ticket headliner is being compared against the Republican Ticket second stringer and still getting his butt whopped.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 06:42:05 PM »
many of our Founding Fathers including John Hancock, Paul Revere, and Ben Franklin, were community organizers in a loose organization called The Sons of Liberty.

Only a frickin' ignorant liberal DUmp monkey would call the Sons of Liberty a group of "community organizers."