The Bar > The Lounge

Top Gun-Maverick

(1/3) > >>

Muddling 2:
I can recommend.

The ending is a stretch, putting it mildly, but it's overall an enjoyable 2 hours.

Eupher:
Please explain the premise.

Tom Cruise is an aged Navy fighter pilot, presumably the same character from the 1986 movie "Top Gun," who is now in a position to kick more ass and take more names? His sidekicks (Goose) are either dead or nearly so?

What about the chick? And the motorcycle? Are they the same, albeit a bit more leaky and a bit more wrinkly?

:rotf:

DefiantSix:

--- Quote from: Eupher on June 04, 2022, 07:47:00 PM ---...What about the chick? And the motorcycle? Are they the same, albeit a bit more leaky and a bit more wrinkly?

--- End quote ---

So basically, Terminator Genesys except with a geriatric Tom Cruise instead of a geriatric Arnold Schwartzenegger?

Rick:
I would be interested in Vil's part. He was not looking good.

Zathras:

--- Quote from: Eupher on June 04, 2022, 07:47:00 PM ---Please explain the premise.

Tom Cruise is an aged Navy fighter pilot, presumably the same character from the 1986 movie "Top Gun," who is now in a position to kick more ass and take more names? His sidekicks (Goose) are either dead or nearly so?

What about the chick? And the motorcycle? Are they the same, albeit a bit more leaky and a bit more wrinkly?

--- End quote ---

The premise. Maverick, still a captain, is a test pilot for a mach 10 aircraft program. Navy brass call him back to Top Gun to help train a group of pilots, one of which is Goose's son, for a nigh impossible mission to bomb a uranium processing facility in an unnamed country before it can go operational.

Yeah Val Kilmer, now Admiral Kazansky and Maverick's guardian angel, is not looking very good right now. Old age and throat cancer that took away his ability to talk has definitely taken its toll on him.

One thing that they did I loved was taking the opening scene on the carrier deck and kept it the same (same graphics and music) except for updating it, replacing the F-14s and A-7s with F/A-18s and F-35s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version