Author Topic: COVID-19 is claiming the lives of Black Chicagoans at staggering and disproporti  (Read 378 times)

Offline SVPete

former9thward (25,180 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216261808

COVID-19 is claiming the lives of Black Chicagoans at staggering and disproportionate rates.

In the earliest weeks of the pandemic, Chicago’s Black residents were dying of COVID-19 at alarming rates. More recently, in the few weeks since the arrival of the Omicron variant, Black Chicagoans are again dying at much higher rates than their Asian, Latino and white counterparts, according to a WBEZ analysis of data on COVID-19 related deaths from the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Since Dec. 7, 2021, the date when the state’s first Omicron case was found in Chicago, the city’s Black residents are dying at rates four times higher than Asians, three times higher than Latinos and nearly two times higher than white residents, according to WBEZ’s analysis. A total of 97 Black Chicagoans died of COVID-19 during the seven-day period ending Jan. 9 — more than at any point since May 11, 2020.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronavirus/2022/1/17/22888302/dying-covid19-pandemic-black-white-cook-county-senior-deaths-wbez

mucifer (20,574 posts)

3. The city and state government has done a lot of reach out and has been going to low income

housing to vaccinate.

There continues to be a lot of mistrust. There is a long history of inequity in health care.

This makes me very sad.

madville (6,438 posts)

4. All boils down to vaccination status, Black Chicagoans are the least vaccinated

“Among Chicago’s four largest racial and ethnic groups, Black Chicagoans remain the least vaccinated. Roughly half the city’s Black population is unvaccinated.”

From the many posts here, you’d think only anti-vax Trump supporters were out there dying and filling up hospitals…..

At least a couple of DUpipo "get it": many blacks distrust "public health" people because of assaholic crap done by them to black nearly a century ago; LIEden and Kammie :fuelfire: those fires of distrust when they questioned Trump Vaccine safety for political profit; as madville (who might be utterly insane on other topics, for all I know) pointed out, the non-vaxxed are far from Rs-only.

madville (6,438 posts)

5. Another factor besides the disparity in vaccination status is

The disproportionately higher rates of COVID risk factors among the Black and Hispanic populations, such as obesity and diabetes.

If madville keeps committing truth like this, (s)he'll earn a granite pizza! :rotf:  :popcorn:

flying_wahini (3,677 posts)

12. Obama needs to go over there and tell them what for. They will listen.

I mean; he IS from Chicago.

Star Member C Moon (10,161 posts)

13. It was surprising me how people were saying Republicans are losing votes to COVID...

In L.A., most of the people dying are Hispanic and black. Or that's how it was in 2020, anyway. I'm pretty sure it's still the same way. The rich are vaccinating, the poor aren't.[/quot

Star Member C Moon must've felt nervous about truthing on DU, so (s)he tossed in an irrelevant Class Warfare sop, :rotf: .

Wowzerzzz! >>>>

WarGamer (3,540 posts)

14. NO WAY! Lots of "smert peeplz" on Twitter say it's all White Rural Trumpists dying.

Star Member Raine (27,334 posts)

15. but isn't it just Trumpers dying from Covid? 🙄

that's what I keep hearing even here, there's too much stereotyping going on.  When that happens the problem is harder to solve.

:popcorn: Looks like a full-on attack on the DUpipo chortling over and celebrating their fantasy that Covid is wiping out large swathes of Trump voters! :popcorn:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 02:27:39 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
mucifer (20,574 posts)

3. The city and state government has done a lot of reach out and has been going to low income

housing to vaccinate.

There continues to be a lot of mistrust. There is a long history of inequity in health care.

This makes me very sad.

What are you implying?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DLR Pyro

In L.A., most of the people dying are Hispanic and black. Or that's how it was in 2020, anyway. I'm pretty sure it's still the same way. The rich are vaccinating, the poor aren't.

yeah, because of the high costs of the vaccinations. ::)

let me guess, white supremacy is the root cause, right?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Only question I have is whether The 'Rona is actually disproportionately claiming the lives of melanin sufficient Shitcago residents/inmates, or are the premature extinguishing of these lives merely being attributed to The Wuhan Flu?

You see, Shitcago is most firmly in the "leftist-run shithole" category of urban cesspools, and leftists - like the leftists that run the leftist-run shithole of Shitcago - prevaricate far more easily and readily than they aspirate, therefore trusting any details - but most especially statistical details - being reported out of said leftist-run shithole is difficult at best.

Or, to put it in Frank's ever succinct, terms: "DUmmies lie. All the time, DUmmies lie".

:cheersmate:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DUmpDiver

If madville keeps committing truth like this, (s)he'll earn a granite pizza! :rotf:  :popcorn:

Truth like that at The DUmp is like garlic to vampires.

Online CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Perhaps being a part of urban culture where people live above, below, and beside each other, with very little 'elbow room', might have something to do with it.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline jukin

DEMOCRATS IN CHICONGO ARE JUST MAKING MORE PERMANENT DEMOCRAT VOTERS.

The racists at the DUmp have been hoping and calling for more deaths from the unvaccinated and now we all know the reason, they all hate blacks and want them to die.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://heyjackass.com/?p=20

How many of the 26 homicides so far this month in Chi-town tested positive postmortem and are included in those numbers?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
They're being hypocritical........... again.

They should be wishing death to these unwashed non-vaxxers like they do everyone else. I'm sure they'll find some way to rationalize their difference in attitude, but that's all it is. In truth, they have no reason to differentiate between these unvaxxed and others that are unvaxxed.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 02:33:53 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

No replies in the past 7 hours or so. I guess reality is too off-narrative for many DU-folk. Or maybe DU's stereotypers and hate-mongers tucked tale and ran rather than talk about their reprehensible selves.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Hortensis (50,208 posts)

20. Sad. But they were anti-vaxxers. 0.024% is the breakthrough death rate.

That means almost all, or possibly all, would be alive today if vaccinated.

Black twists on excuses to not get vaccinated are irrelevant to SARS-Cov-2.

Black excuses to stop SPREADING the virus are no more valid than white.

Cultural, racial and political factionalism and general nutjobbery have killed 854,000 Americans now (official count).

It might help to remember about now that a good half or so of AA are CONSERVATIVE, by nature, socially, religiously, politically. Same as whites. 12% of AA voted for tRump in 2020. 37% did not vote.
That'll explain a majority of these tragically stupid and despicably irresponsible behaviors same as for everyone else. Vaccination was factionalized from the very beginning and is associated with Democrats and liberals, and for those who care about such things, whites.

Wait... half of blacks are conservative?

Hortensis needs to be careful... saying that blacks don't have an excuse for ... well, anything.... is dangerous on DU