Author Topic: Poo-Pants Pam goes to the store sick - coughs on maskless customers on purpose  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Same here. Loved the show. Even when they were trying to push some political agenda. You either overlooked it and just enjoyed the show or not.

I thing a lot of that came from Alan Alda.

KC

It was definitely Alda.  IIRC, he became a producer midway through the series and was pushing his lib agenda to be integrated to the plots.

They're still damn entertaining, no matter the subtle politics thrown in during the latter seasons.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Not too go too far off the topic, but the rifleman has been on the roku here lately, and it's awesome

Always liked that show too.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
It was definitely Alda.  IIRC, he became a producer midway through the series and was pushing his lib agenda to be integrated to the plots.

They're still damn entertaining, no matter the subtle politics thrown in during the latter seasons.

That, IMHO, was part of the greatness.  Yes, there were politics, but they were subtle, and much more "here, think about this" compared to modern "think this way or else".  I'm still short the last couple of seasons on DVD, so I may be remembering wrong, but that's how it seemed to me. 

KC

One of the OTA channels that has spouted up is Grit, it plays tons of western TV shows and movies.  See lots of it when we visit my father in law.  99.9% The Rifleman is on regular rotation there.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline landofconfusion80

KC
What was interesting to me was how today, westerns are depicted as racist, antiquated and out of touch. There were several episodes with Indians in them and they were shown much respect.  The Indian Federal marshall episode in particular was like that
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)