Author Topic: My niece has been exposed to COVID.  (Read 506 times)

Offline CC27

My niece has been exposed to COVID.
« on: January 17, 2022, 01:00:04 PM »
Star Member hamsterjill
She works for a rural newspaper. She’s a proud Democrat and doubly vaxxed and boosted. But she’s obese and I’m worried.

Their office has been very strict about masking, etc., but another employee’s husband contracted it and it is spreading through the office. She has thus far tested negative, but other coworkers are now testing positive. I believe all of the employees who are able to be vaxxed are vaxxed. There is one sports writer who may not have been able to get the vaccine because of health issues.

The rural area is a Trump haven with most not vaccinated and claiming QAnon crap. The newspaper owner is an exception and he has tried to keep his staff safe.

May I get some good vibes, please, for my niece and her coworkers? Thank you so much.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216256082

What the hell does this have to do with her getting covid??

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: My niece has been exposed to COVID.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 01:13:44 PM »
Not so much as far as I can tell. Unless the niece goes thru life in a hazmat suit there is a good chance she has been "exposed" to covid since it first stated to spread.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:47:16 PM »
Guess what DUmbass. The vast majority of Americans, including yourself, have probably been exposed to the Kung Flu without knowing it with no ill effects.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 02:08:27 PM »

IKR? And she didn't even thank Trump for the vaccine with which the niece had been vaccinated and boostered, the ingrate! :rotf:

For any DU onlurkers, here's a few clues:

* Vaccinated people can still get the virus. That is not uniquely true of the SARS-Cov-2 virus;

* Recovered people can still get the virus. That is not uniquely true of the SARS-Cov-2 virus;

* The death rate of Omicron is wa-a-a-aaayyy less than for Delta, which was way less than whatever was circulating a year ago;

* Nothing in life is "safe", including getting out of bed in the morning (or afternoon).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 02:13:32 PM »
Were these DUmmies so worked up about the annual cases of flu that claimed thousands of lives in the decades before china gifted the world with covid?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 02:31:47 PM »
Were these DUmmies so worked up about the annual cases of flu that claimed thousands of lives in the decades before china gifted the world with covid?

Someone who had DUmmieLand access and the time to root around using their search function would probably find multiple thread from January and February 2020 in which DUmmies were howling that Trump was exaggerating what came to be called Covid-19 for racist and xenophobic purposes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 02:47:32 PM »
But she’s obese and I’m worried.

Well if she had made better choices and not become a fat lard ass she would be better off!!

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 02:49:13 PM »
Star Member hamsterjill

Tell her that you love her and get a priest in to give her the last rites--that's about all you can do.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 12:23:52 AM »
But she’s obese and I’m worried.

So you didn't worry about her poor health choices until some MAGAT supposedly exposed her to he Kung Flu?

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 08:45:21 AM »
Oh for God's sake.  That warranted an entire DU thread?  WHO GIVES A SHIT?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 09:05:44 AM »
Oh for God's sake.  That warranted an entire DU thread?  WHO GIVES A SHIT?

Wow! 46 replies to a thread about personal stuff. Maybe DUmmies have cut off friends and relatives for political heresy to such an extent that fellow DUmmies are their only friends with whom they can talk of such stuff.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2022, 09:44:14 AM »
In lieu of good thoughts and vibrations and such I think it a good idea that we all send the niece a years supply of Whoppers and Big Macs with extra special sauce!
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2022, 09:58:25 AM »
In lieu of good thoughts and vibrations and such I think it a good idea that we all send the niece a years supply of Whoppers and Big Macs with extra special sauce!

That probably would exceed my annual salary.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 10:13:10 AM »
The rural area is a Trump haven with most not vaccinated and claiming QAnon crap.
Then your niece is as good as dead now, isn't she? It always happens to the sole voice of reason in a darkened land. And then she'll be body shamed and misgendered.

But it is her own fault. Had she stayed in a Lefty hell hole city she would be just fine.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 10:18:47 AM »
Star Member hamsterjill
Is she dead yet?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 11:36:22 AM »
Silence can be eloquent. hj says little about the chain of contact. Had there been a Trump-Humping anti-vaxxer in that chain of contact, hj would have been sure to make a huge point of it. Cricket ... Cricket ... Cricket ... Cricket ...

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 10:22:06 AM »

Exactly!
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.