Author Topic: My mother is requesting immediate help  (Read 788 times)

Offline CC27

My mother is requesting immediate help
« on: January 16, 2022, 07:07:54 PM »
mvd
My mother is requesting immediate help
When I put on a GoFundMe fundraiser for my mom in October, DU was absolutely wonderful and caring. I will be eternally grateful. Your help got her through a tough time. Some new circumstances have come up (which I describe in my GoFundMe story) that require some immediate help until her Social Security comes on Jan 26. She requested I put this on right away. I am trying some other things mentioned last time: I have a disability claim that is dragging along, she is looking into county services, and other means of help. There has been nothing that can substitute for this fundraiser, so out of a great love for my mom, I put this on. I did not want to do this again, but am forced to. My mom’s in bad shape. I included her picture this time to personalize things. Thank you for ANYTHING you can give to help. I know there will be a time we get out of this and can pay it forward.

Link to the GoFundMe:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-mother-needs-immediate-help

Thank you very, very much
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216254697

I smell a DU scam.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: My mother is requesting immediate help
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »
Quote from:
And again we hope to be able to pay it forward someday.

Primitives shouldn’t write that in their gofundme appeals, because no they don’t.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 07:27:21 PM »
Well, he's got the thousand bucks for his mother, who appears to be a bona fide case.

But one's not so sure about the "disability" application of her son.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 10:54:22 PM »
Well, he's got the thousand bucks for his mother, who appears to be a bona fide case.

But one's not so sure about the "disability" application of her son.

A good son wouod have made good life decisions that built a career and WEALTH to take care of his mom. If Matt cannot even put together a lousy grand (I have 4 or 5 K in my nightstand) he has spent his life jumping from loser job to loser job. Even MacD's cashiers with a tiny bit of gumption make Assistant Manager in 6 months or so.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 03:44:49 AM »
Last begathon was in September.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215909861

Star Member mvd (63,703 posts)

My mom needs urgent help. My GoFundMe is included in this thread
Hi all,

I have started this GoFundMe to help my mom out. Full story is in the GoFundMe link, but I will give a summary. My mom has been having health and blood pressure problems and is a 72 year old widow. She is having major financial stress and I am afraid something serious will happen if this stress continues. My mom and I have always tried to get through it before, but now she has been hit very hard and I really needed to start this for her. Anything you can give I will be extremely thankful for.

Here is the GoFundMe link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/v676x-my-mother-needs-help

Thank you very much,
Matt/mvd

A picture of the DUmp loser on that one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 07:47:22 AM »
Last begathon was in September.

A picture of the DUmp loser on that one.

Because he's a primitive, one can't help but automatically assume he's trying to get out of his obligations to his mother.

The need for his mother appears genuine; his failing to help her himself speaks even louder.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 09:37:08 AM »
The current Go-Fund-Me is sufficiently Perils-of-Paulinesque that I'm skeptical but looking at the factoids:

* If the Mother receives SS, her income was not interrupted. Why is her home in foreclosure?

* She has just one friend who helps with rides to the store, doctor, etc.? Her local public transit system doesn't have a "free" senior rides program? No church connections to help with food and rides?

* How is one-time $$ going to solve medium- and long-term needs (e.g. the foreclosure)?

* If Mom is 70-something, sonnyboy is 40-something or 50-something. Is Matthew DuBois too tapped out to help his Mom? Why hasn't he helped her make plans wrt the foreclosure? Like her moving to his home? Any siblings?

Like I said, I'm skeptical of the story. At best, it reflects some poor choices and planning that doesn't go beyond month-to-month (IOW, the next Go-Fund-Mom will be in April or May ... even sympathetic, believing DU-folk have limits to their patience and credulity).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:41:38 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 10:41:42 AM »
The current Go-Fund-Me is sufficiently Perils-of-Paulinesque that I'm skeptical but looking at the factoids:

* If the Mother receives SS, her income was not interrupted. Why is her home in foreclosure?

* She has just one friend who helps with rides to the store, doctor, etc.? Her local public transit system doesn't have a "free" senior rides program? No church connections to help with food and rides?

* How is one-time $$ going to solve medium- and long-term needs (e.g. the foreclosure)?

* If Mom is 70-something, sonnyboy is 40-something or 50-something. Is Matthew DuBois too tapped out to help his Mom? Why hasn't he helped her make plans wrt the foreclosure? Like her moving to his home? Any siblings?

Like I said, I'm skeptical of the story. At best, it reflects some poor choices and planning that doesn't go beyond month-to-month (IOW, the next Go-Fund-Mom will be in April or May ... even sympathetic, believing DU-folk have limits to their patience and credulity).

Sonnyboy likely coerced her into a home equity to fund his habit of not working or spent it on pot.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 10:53:56 AM »
Sonnyboy likely coerced her into a home equity to fund his habit of not working or spent it on pot.

There's obviously more to that story than mentioned, and what you suggest is not implausible. Several working-age DU-folk have been on "disability" for years or decades.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 09:14:50 AM »
So the dummies Mom is facing foreclosure because the only cash stream she has is SS and the doting son is going around begging for monies from strangers.

Trying to think of what I would do if that was my mom.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 07:12:25 AM »
Grifters gotta grift.  Get this.  This dude raised the goal because they reached the first goal ...

mvd (63,727 posts) Sun Jan 16, 2022, 08:12 PM

5. Thank you all so much!

I have reached my goal already. Thank you everyone for your understanding!

mvd (63,727 posts) Mon Jan 17, 2022, 07:04 PM

11. Also..

While I am not changing the goal this time, I really could use as much as possible for mom. It’s the last one of this kind I am doing at DU (I have some plans in motion) so as much as you can give is greatly appreciated.

mvd (63,727 posts) Tue Jan 18, 2022, 09:01 AM

12. Once again, DU has been amazing!

I got one nasty e-mail, but that wasn’t from a DUer. I could tell by the person’s name for DUers. Another person wanted me to raise the goal to $25,000. While that would be nice, it is not doable - and raising the goal from $1,000 to $25,000 would be nonsensical.

The fundraiser has momentum, so I set a goal of $1,500.

mvd (63,727 posts) Tue Jan 18, 2022, 09:55 AM

13. This is also the day my dad died in 2018

Mom and I are thinking about him today. I really want her end of life to be more peaceful and stress free.

mvd (63,727 posts) Tue Jan 18, 2022, 10:16 AM

14. One more thing

The small donations mean a lot to me! It shows you don’t have a lot, but care enough to donate. I’ll leave this up until all the funds come in.

Thanks again all!

mvd (63,727 posts) Tue Jan 18, 2022, 06:03 PM

15. Letting the evening and night crowd see this

Thanks all.

mvd (63,727 posts) Tue Jan 18, 2022, 10:50 PM

16. I'll bring this up a few more times to see if I can reach the final goal

It means a lot as the 5 week wait for Social Security and surprise expenses came up.

mvd (63,727 posts) Wed Jan 19, 2022, 07:47 AM

18. Hi all

The $1,500 goal would be very useful if we can get to it. I appreciate this so much. I only ask for what we could really need.

mvd (63,727 posts) Wed Jan 19, 2022, 06:00 PM

19. Well my mom's looking happier

Unfortunately she often has that stressed look.
But thanks to DU’s understanding, things are looking better. The only other time I would do another GoFundMe is when you really wouldn’t want to - things like health bills or disaster costs. Those may have to be put on social media.

I’ll keep the thread going a couple more times.

LetsGoBiden (37 posts) Wed Jan 19, 2022, 06:07 PM

20. Isn't the 26th in six days

Isn’t the 26th in six days? You say you put new circumstances in your GoFundMe but it literally says because your mom‘s friend has Covid she can’t get to the store $1500 for Uber rides for six days my whole Social Security check isn’t even $900 but with the loss of the Child credit I have a feeling there will be more request for help as time goes on

mvd (63,727 posts) Wed Jan 19, 2022, 06:11 PM

21. That part just makes it more needed

We had a big water bill that built up, overdraft and other unexpected expenses. I am sorry it seemed that way to you. We have no qualified children. I have been here since 2001 and am sincere. There are other means I am looking into, and I still wouldn’t do another GoFundMe of this kind. DU has helped enough.

mvd (63,727 posts) Thu Jan 20, 2022, 07:29 AM

24. I'm giving this another visibility kick..

for those who may not have seen it yet. Another reason I made the final goal $1,500 is that my mom recently had a “Medicare Wellness” visit at her doctor’s office. There was a $600 charge for this visit! Her Medicare Advantage plan only covered something like $100. Mom had no idea she’d be charged like that.

If this dude worked half as hard at a real job, there would be absolutely NO need for this panhandling.  I'm guessing he's dope sick.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 07:49:50 AM »
I see a new Xbox in someone's future.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 07:54:14 AM »
I'm confused.

Apparently his mother has some sort of terminal illness.

If so, why isn't she in hospice, where all medical and pharmaceutical bills are paid?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 07:58:09 AM »
I see a new Xbox in someone's future.  ::)

You could be right.  The desperation I see in the posts leads on to believe maybe he found something on sale and is trying to get it before it goes off sale.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen