The Bar > The Lounge

Emboldened drunk or how the neighbor stole the family dog to give as a gift

<< < (2/3) > >>

jtyangel:

--- Quote from: RightCoast on January 04, 2008, 05:02:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flame on January 04, 2008, 04:57:56 PM ---Good grief.  I just don't even know what to say!!

--- End quote ---

Totally speechless, what the hell is wrong with people?

--- End quote ---

You know, I'll say something more. This lady is supposed to be a recovering alcoholic. If she is using something like the 12 step, isn't it contrary to those values to continue harm on people, especially as it relates to drinking and also isn't it a problem to use excuses for bad behavior? I just can't believe she gets the dog, gives it to someone for a gift, and then writes the owners to tell them. No shame!

And then the owners...I know the love for a pet, but to reward the woman for her bad behavior. How about put the compassion train to rest, bring her on charges, and have the cops go get the dog. Their guilt is misplaced...because they take action to get something that belongs to them does not make them guilty of making this woman's life any more miserable--she already accomplished that herself--it sounds like she's done a lifetime of things to make her life miserable.

RightCoast:

--- Quote from: jtyangel on January 04, 2008, 05:08:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: RightCoast on January 04, 2008, 05:02:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flame on January 04, 2008, 04:57:56 PM ---Good grief.  I just don't even know what to say!!

--- End quote ---

Totally speechless, what the hell is wrong with people?

--- End quote ---

You know, I'll say something more. This lady is supposed to be a recovering alcoholic. If she is using something like the 12 step, isn't it contrary to those values to continue harm on people, especially as it relates to drinking and also isn't it a problem to use excuses for bad behavior? I just can't believe she gets the dog, gives it to someone for a gift, and then writes the owners to tell them. No shame!

And then the owners...I know the love for a pet, but to reward the woman for her bad behavior. How about put the compassion train to rest, bring her on charges, and have the cops go get the dog. Their guilt is misplaced...because they take action to get something that belongs to them does not make them guilty of making this woman's life any more miserable--she already accomplished that herself--it sounds like she's done a lifetime of things to make her life miserable.

--- End quote ---

Actions have consequences, she should have to face them.

Chris_:
I suspect the offer to buy another dog for the child was not to help the idiot who stole the first one.  It was a nice gesture to help the child...imagine haveing to take it away from the kid who has done nothing wrong.

lastparker:
Jeez, I'd hunt her down and slap her.

Of course if she stole one of MY dogs, she'd bring him back after he wee'd on her carpet enough times.

:banghead:

jtyangel:

--- Quote from: lug-nut on January 04, 2008, 05:12:19 PM ---I suspect the offer to buy another dog for the child was not to help the idiot who stole the first one.  It was a nice gesture to help the child...imagine haveing to take it away from the kid who has done nothing wrong.

--- End quote ---

I know it was, but I still think that isn't their responsibility to make the child feel better. The mother disappointed the child, not because she didn't have a dog...every child asks for something they can't have and lives and grows up fine. The mother disappointed the child by stealing someone else's dog and giving it to her as a gift. I've seen so many manipulators, especially those that are drug addicts and alcoholics that I never discount their ability to play on people's emotions for their benefit. It is how they work unfortunately because they count on people being compassionate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version