Author Topic: Do you think we will have martial law a ?  (Read 520 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Do you think we will have martial law a ?
« on: February 16, 2020, 10:51:28 AM »
TEB (5,808 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212992728

That a friend asked me as his wife him and I had breakfast at diner this morning.

My response was yes either to stay try stay in office and suspend the elections. Obviously to try and duck the SDNY. Or if he is re elected pass the holy water because we will need it. In this scenario I hope we have taken the senate as well.

Drinking pretty early, aren't we?

:cheersmate:

ck4829 (27,322 posts)

1. I never thought I would see things like QAnon and Pizzagate enter the political mainstream

I never thought I would see a crackpot like Trump become President

I never thought I would see the people opposed to white nationalists be described as the bad guys instead of the white nationalists.

So... I don't know.

You realize Pizzagate was really Jeffery Epstein, right?

QAnon[a] (/kjuːəˈnɒn/) is a far-right conspiracy theory detailing a supposed secret plot by an alleged "deep state" against U.S. President Donald Trump and his supporters ~ That's exactly what happened with Hillary's paid for dossier, FBI DOJ and various other 'agents' of the DNC...

Joinfortmill (512 posts)

2. I hope not

I hope the deep, deep state does something deep.

Like try to overthrow an elected President?

Star Member PJMcK (11,716 posts)

3. A serious question

How could Trump be stopped from declaring martial law? Congress obviously can't or won't rein him in.

Strange times.

Star Member democrank (9,889 posts)

4. Trump has no boundaries, so who knows what's next?

The United States of America is being governed by a cult.

:whatever:

Ohiogal (12,917 posts)

8. A lot of things have happened in our country

That I would have never dreamed would happen in a million years.

I wish those who are apathetic and the “both siders” would wake the hell up.

Star Member barbtries (22,414 posts)

10. we need the senate.

not only has mcconnell abused his power maniacally, but he's turned the senate into a legislative graveyard and prevented so many laws from even being discussed let alone passed, laws that would improve the quality of life for everyday Americans. And then the trump connection. sigh.

It's not enough to win the WH away from Trump. We need it all. Then it will be generations trying to repair the damage done and resurrecting our democracy.

I don't know about the martial law question. I don't think that it will go well if he does it. I think that might be just the thing to get the people into the streets in vast numbers, which should already be happening.

Star Member democratisphere (16,159 posts)

13. Our BIGGEST problem isn't drumpf.

Our BIGGEST problem are his rabid supporters. Anything and everything is possible, most of it NOT good.

Iliyah (20,819 posts)

16. Qasem Soleimani was not a imminent threat at the time of his bombing . . consequence over 100 American soldiers suffered head injuries, not simple headaches and it took over a week or so to confirm this had happened. Gawd knows what other secrets this administration is keeping and lying about.

Concentration camps for the immigrants. Elite ICE soldiers on their way to sanctuary cities. WH fired majority of America's scientists and cut major funding for CDC and now the world and the USA is facing outbreaks of coronavirus. Anti- Semitism and Anti-POC is on the raise.

DOJ is no longer the people's attorneys. Republican party is now a cult duly in the corner of a monster in the WH. The economy is slowly deteriorating, and so on . . .

America is not the positive leader of the world, and a laughing stock with serious consequences. Pompeo, Kushner are complete idiots. I would not put it pass t-rump to attempt and fabricate a fake emergency for Martial Law.

But alas, I think we can win the WH and keep the House and win the Senate. One thing about USA's - democracy will prevail.

:mental:

Star Member safeinOhio (18,206 posts)

20. For the first time ever, I'm thinking about

stocking up on canned food, rice and beans and buying a big box of 22 shells.
The flu virus and tRump has me thinking.

Times have changed.

Star Member Farmer-Rick (4,422 posts)

24. I'm renewing my passport

No matter how scary the virus gets, if Trump is re-elected, I'm looking for another country to live in.

:yahoo:

j
ohnthewoodworker (10 posts)

25. I've said before that the cat grabber cannot leave office. He must control the DOJ or he is toast. He does not survive if he leaves office, so he is not leaving. Win, lose, or draw he cannot leave office.

:bird:

DIVINEprividence (56 posts)

33. Yes

I would not put it past IMPOTUS. If he looks like he is going to lose he will try it. Then this will go beyond the voting booth and we will have to summon the courage and put life and limb at risk and engage in mass protests and civil disobedience

Nature Man (261 posts)

47. Does he even need a pretext to do, well, ANYTHING?

He claims absolute powers no president has ever claimed.

There is no limit to his depravity.

Not even saying I agree there would ever be martial law.

But this ****stain has gotten away with things any other president would have been impeached AND removed for even just 20 years ago.

At least he has the stain of impeachment: but the taint of his "legacy" being tarnished is no consolation in the present time.

If he were an intelligent man, we'd be well and truly ****ed. I really think the only thing that will be a stopgap is his sheer stupidity and the stupidity of the lackeys he surrounds himself with.

Still, this isn't an administration that pays attentions to things like "pretext," "institutions," and "decency."

They do whatever they please and will continue to do so.

:mental:

Nature Man (261 posts)

58. the "south" (NOT everyone who lives there) and plenty of racist sympathizers

nationwide have been fighting a cold Civil War for all this time.

Star Member bdamomma (54,783 posts)

57. the only reason

one of many reasons he wants to stay in office I should say , he wants to keep his ass out of prison. He wants to run out the stature of limitations.

:???:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Do you think we will have martial law a ?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 11:12:17 AM »
What if Bugs Bunny didn't remove the fuse from Marvin the Martian's earth-destroying weapon?

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 11:55:21 AM »
TEB (5,808 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212992728

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 12:25:20 PM »
I guess they don’t remember a guy named Harry Reid ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 03:15:00 PM »
It started today. Trump was The Grand MARSHALL at Daytona. :-)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 04:50:16 PM »
It started today. Trump was The Grand MARSHALL at Daytona. :-)

Well played
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020