Interests > Around the House & In the Garage

Contacting Ford Motor Company

(1/9) > >>

Chris_:
I'm having some trouble with a Ford dealership in southeast Georgia. I've been trying to get in touch with someone with the Ford Motor Company to get some help. Thus far I have had no success. I've been trying to find a contact number for a regional manager but haven't had any success with that either.

Does anyone have any advice?

By the way, contacting Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center is as productive as screaming "move!" to a rock.

Flame:
My husband is the master at getting in touch with "people who matter".

Call customer service, and ask for contact info for the CEO...keep going up the chain until you get the answer you want, or get the CEO's contact info.  At least that's what he does.

Lacarnut:

--- Quote from: ChuckJ on January 29, 2008, 11:25:37 AM ---I'm having some trouble with a Ford dealership in southeast Georgia. I've been trying to get in touch with someone with the Ford Motor Company to get some help. Thus far I have had no success. I've been trying to find a contact number for a regional manager but haven't had any success with that either.

Does anyone have any advice?

By the way, contacting Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center is as productive as screaming "move!" to a rock.

--- End quote ---

Have you looked in your owners manual? The last time I had a problem with my Toyota, I asked or found out the District Service Manager phone number who regularly goes to each dealership every month or so. Every mfg. has one and I think he is your best bet rather than contacting the national office. Also, your manual will give you info on your states lemon laws and how to proceed if it comes to that. Good luck. 

Chris_:
Thanks Lacernut, but I'm not really having a mechanical problem. I'm having more of what I guess you would call a "laziness" problem.

My wife helped a nephew buy a truck in 2005. It was co-titled to them. She wasn't just a co-signer. In October of this year he decided to trade the truck. The Ford dealership allowed him to do so without getting my wife's signature. This, however, is not really the complaint.

The main complaint is that it has now been 90 days and they still don't have the boy a tag. They keep giving him temporary tags. From what I've been able to find, according to Ga law this is illegal. Also, according to the Ga DMV the trade-in vehicle, which has supposedly already been sold, is still showing up in their (the DMV) computer records as being in my wife's name.

In trying to help the nephew my wife has spoken to the sales person and gotten the run around. She has spoken with the dealership's finance manager and gotten the run around. She has spoken to the dealership's general manager and gotten the run around. She finally called the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center and once more got the run around.

An attorney friend suggested speaking with a regional manager; however, Ford apparently hides their regional managers very well. She finally got someone at Ford to tell her that the only way to speak to a regional manager is to call the dealership in question and have them get the regional manager to call her.

Of course according to another Ford employee at the Customer Relationship Center, Ford doesn't really have regional managers. So who knows.

Chris_:

--- Quote from: ChuckJ on January 29, 2008, 06:38:23 PM ---Thanks Lacernut, but I'm not really having a mechanical problem. I'm having more of what I guess you would call a "laziness" problem.

My wife helped a nephew buy a truck in 2005. It was co-titled to them. She wasn't just a co-signer. In October of this year he decided to trade the truck. The Ford dealership allowed him to do so without getting my wife's signature. This, however, is not really the complaint.

The main complaint is that it has now been 90 days and they still don't have the boy a tag. They keep giving him temporary tags. From what I've been able to find, according to Ga law this is illegal. Also, according to the Ga DMV the trade-in vehicle, which has supposedly already been sold, is still showing up in their (the DMV) computer records as being in my wife's name.

In trying to help the nephew my wife has spoken to the sales person and gotten the run around. She has spoken with the dealership's finance manager and gotten the run around. She has spoken to the dealership's general manager and gotten the run around. She finally called the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center and once more got the run around.

An attorney friend suggested speaking with a regional manager; however, Ford apparently hides their regional managers very well. She finally got someone at Ford to tell her that the only way to speak to a regional manager is to call the dealership in question and have them get the regional manager to call her.

Of course according to another Ford employee at the Customer Relationship Center, Ford doesn't really have regional managers. So who knows.

--- End quote ---

Go there personally. Be firm, yet polite.  And don't leave until the problem is handled to your satisfaction.

Phone calls are easy to ignore.  Clearly pissed-off people standing in front of all them 5-digit priced cars is a whole different matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version