Author Topic: A Change In The Legal Climate  (Read 4042 times)

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: A Change In The Legal Climate
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 08:38:38 PM »
No one will "gun" for you here without cause. Just be honest, and respectful. Is that too much to ask ?

apparently it is too much to ask, cuz that's what I did - offer an insightful comment and ...  voila!   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
can't keep an eye out on something if you don't know what you're looking for.

99.98% of the people mindlessly reading the article missed this significant mental harness.

Did you see the 'mental harness' already embedded in the article YOU posted? There are two that I see, out of the gate.   Can you find it, now that you know to look for it?
This?  This was your insightful commentary, which had nothing to do with the initial story or had anything to do with global warming, Michael Mann's fraudulent data, or the First Amendment repercussions of his lawsuit.

Care to try again?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
This?  This was your insightful commentary, which had nothing to do with the initial story or had anything to do with global warming, Michael Mann's fraudulent data, or the First Amendment repercussions of his lawsuit.

Care to try again?

No, I'll stick to my original insightful commentary -- which offered a significantly greater amount of commentary than "keep your eye on this."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »

No, I'll stick to my original insightful commentary -- which offered a significantly greater amount of commentary than "keep your eye on this."
The only other thing I took away from your post was that you were banned from another forum.  It must have been your charming personality.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 09:57:33 PM »
The only other thing I took away from your post was that you were banned from another forum.  It must have been your charming personality.

"charming"??  you mean like the people I've encountered on this site??  Like you?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »
"charming"??  you mean like the people I've encountered on this site??  Like you?

We have established that you are a crazy cat lady. Do the cats act differently when you're having your menstrual period?

Are they acting that way tonight?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »
You were the one that chose to discuss semantics over substance in this particular discussion.  Don't tell me I'm the one with the bug up his ass.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 10:14:03 PM »

We have established that you are a crazy cat lady. Do the cats act differently when you're having your menstrual period?

Are they acting that way tonight?

so - you went from annoying straight to "juvenile" and pathetic.

Did you REALLY just insult my reproductive system??????????  how old ARE you? 17?????

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:19 PM »
so - you went from annoying straight to "juvenile" and pathetic.

Did you REALLY just insult my reproductive system??????????  how old ARE you? 17?????

Old enough to recognize a crazy cat lady when I see one.

So, back to the unanswered question. You want to be respected. What have you said, or done, to earn respect here?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2014, 10:27:22 PM »
Old enough to recognize a crazy cat lady when I see one.

So, back to the unanswered question. You want to be respected. What have you said, or done, to earn respect here?

What have *I* done to "earn" respect... asks the man who just made fun of my reproductive system. :thatsright: :rofl:  :rotf:  :mental:

Well, let's see... I HAVEN'T made fun of anyone's reproductive system lately...  but if that's what it takes...

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2014, 10:32:25 PM »

What have *I* done to "earn" respect... asks the man who just made fun of my reproductive system. :thatsright: :rofl:  :rotf:  :mental:

Well, let's see... I HAVEN'T made fun of anyone's reproductive system lately...  but if that's what it takes...

You wanted to be respected here. What have you said or done to earn the respect you want?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
You wanted to be respected here. What have you said or done to earn the respect you want?

Well, for starters, I DON'T make fun of people's reproductive systems...

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Well, for starters, I DON'T make fun of people's reproductive systems...

You're not getting it. It's a simple question with a simple answer.

You want to be respected here. What have you said or done to earn the respect you want?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 11:06:19 PM »

You want to be respected here. What have you said or done to earn the respect you want?

respect: a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

I daresay the things I've done in my life would probably not "earn" respect from someone like you.

I'm just a mom, who managed to keep my kids emotionally and spiritually healthy through some amazingly tough times.  I've done nothing important, besides raising kids who tell the truth, treat people with respect, and do not argue with one another, or with me.

I'm a compassionate person who spent 20 minutes at the store the other day helping a complete stranger navigate the baking aisle of the store, looking for a cake mix for his wife, cuz he didn't know what she wanted.

And today, I dropped everything I was doing to spend 30 minutes holding my daughter while she cried as she realized that in a few short months, when she graduates high school, the lack of the format of 'school' will likely mean the end of at least half of her friendships..

but you know -- I don't actually *do* anything that deserves respect...  not from people like *you*...

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »
...insightful...   

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »

I'm just a mom, who managed to keep my kids emotionally and spiritually healthy through some amazingly tough times.  I've done nothing important, besides raising kids who tell the truth, treat people with respect, and do not argue with one another, or with me.

but you know -- I don't actually *do* anything that deserves respect...  not from people like *you*...

Now see, that first part is halfway what was asked for as part of an introduction. The rest would have entailed expressing where you fall politically.
Arguments can be a healthy thing.

And then you thow in the smug condescending tone at the end.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »

Respect is earned. It is not an entitlement. Conservatives know that. You didn't make the effort to earn anyone's respect here, and now you're reaping what you sowed.

After your first post, Eupher asked you to go to the Introduction thread and introduce yourself, which is part of the culture of this group of people. You replied: "Is this mandatory?  I'm not sure I'm going to be here long enough to care if anyone "gets to know me.""

At that point, you were toast. You shot yourself in the foot, and you have aimed progressively higher as the evening progressed.

If you want to stay, I recommend a good mea culpa, a proper introduction, and some time to get to know the people here. Otherwise, you're just another asshole on the Internet.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »
Now see, that first part is halfway what was asked for as part of an introduction. The rest would have entailed expressing where you fall politically. 

and here's the other shoe with which you can kick yourself:  how do you know anything I said really happened?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2014, 11:25:13 PM »
and here's the other shoe with which you can kick yourself:  how do you know anything I said really happened?
Yeah. Crazy cat lady.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 11:29:19 PM »

That's part of that whole "respect is earned" thing, and you aren't doing it.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Penfold

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 11:29:50 PM »
Respect is earned. It is not an entitlement. Conservatives know that. You didn't make the effort to earn anyone's respect here, and now you're reaping what you sowed.

After your first post, Eupher asked you to go to the Introduction thread and introduce yourself, which is part of the culture of this group of people. You replied: "Is this mandatory?  I'm not sure I'm going to be here long enough to care if anyone "gets to know me.""

At that point, you were toast. You shot yourself in the foot, and you have aimed progressively higher as the evening progressed.

If you want to stay, I recommend a good mea culpa, a proper introduction, and some time to get to know the people here. Otherwise, you're just another asshole on the Internet.

Ah, there's the rub!!  I didn't do what you WANTED me to do.  You wanted me to tell you all about my personal life -- as if somehow that was "proof" I was "like you."

Why should I tell you about my personal life?  And for that matter -- how would you know if I was telling the truth in the first place??

I told you exactly what you needed to know about me:  I came on this site to "intellectually box" with other people.

Except - not.  None of you people know how to "box"  you know how to gang up on a person and attempt to beat them senseless, but not respectfully 'spar' in a way that equips, that trains, that helps a person grow intellectually.

That's what I said I wanted to do on this site.  Obviously, I came to the wrong place.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »
Ah, there's the rub!!  I didn't do what you WANTED me to do.  You wanted me to tell you all about my personal life -- as if somehow that was "proof" I was "like you."

Why should I tell you about my personal life?  And for that matter -- how would you know if I was telling the truth in the first place??

I told you exactly what you needed to know about me:  I came on this site to "intellectually box" with other people.

Except - not.  None of you people know how to "box"  you know how to gang up on a person and attempt to beat them senseless, but not respectfully 'spar' in a way that equips, that trains, that helps a person grow intellectually.

That's what I said I wanted to do on this site.  Obviously, I came to the wrong place.
If that's what you wanted, why not make it clear in AN INTRODUCTION as you were asked.  Nobody put a gun to your head and asked for your personal details.  Did you even read the forum before signing up? 

Take your silly ass someplace else if we're not up to your "standards".

Offline thundley4

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2014, 11:34:58 PM »

Okay so you're a liar. If you are a woman. Don't come back until you make a sandwich.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »

Hmm.. sensing...

Loop: See Branch
Branch: See Jump
Jump: See Loop

On any other board this obnoxious, ill-informed ignoramus would have not made it past 3 posts.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2014, 12:57:10 AM »
Ah, there's the rub!!  I didn't do what you WANTED me to do.  You wanted me to tell you all about my personal life -- as if somehow that was "proof" I was "like you."

Why should I tell you about my personal life?  And for that matter -- how would you know if I was telling the truth in the first place??

I told you exactly what you needed to know about me:  I came on this site to "intellectually box" with other people.

Except - not.  None of you people know how to "box"  you know how to gang up on a person and attempt to beat them senseless, but not respectfully 'spar' in a way that equips, that trains, that helps a person grow intellectually.

That's what I said I wanted to do on this site.  Obviously, I came to the wrong place.

You don't want to "box" you want to kick in the nuts and then accept some sort of congratulations (we can assume it is the DUmp) for "showing them" for how being obnoxious, insulting, vapid, factually incorrect creates some sort of street cred.

Like the "knockout game" only with a Nerf bat and points awarded by yourself to yourself for people glancing in your direction.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.