Author Topic: The Scene at Paul Ryan's Fraternity House  (Read 813 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
The Scene at Paul Ryan's Fraternity House
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »
Hey guys -- this is my alma mater, Miami Ohio.  I had NO IDEA Paul Ryan went there and graduated 20 years ago!!! This is just too cool (that he went there)!  :yahoo:  He had a campaign event at the school last night.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/scene-paul-ryans-fraternity-house_650031.html

Oxford, Ohio
"The whole campus is buzzing," Tim Sardinia, president of Miami University's chapter of Delta Tau Delta, tells me in the lobby of his fraternity house. "The house is buzzing." The source of the buzz is Republican vice presidential candidate and Miami Delt Paul Ryan, who will hold a campaign event at his alma mater tonight, the eve of freshmen move-in day.

Ryan developed his interest in economics while a student here and graduated 20 years ago this past spring. This past week, in the wake of Mitt Romney's announcement of Ryan as his V.P. pick, the media attention for this bucolic college town north of Cincinnati has gotten a little intense. Sardinia has fielded a number of requests from reporters and gossip websites trying to learn more about Ryan's time at Miami U.

I wonder what his Delta Tau Delta name was?  :-)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:45:42 AM by njpines »
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Re: The Scene at Paul Ryan's Fraternity House
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
A good article about Paul Ryan and his time during college and after when he went to work for John Boehner, then Jack Kemp:

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/article/20120816/NEWS01/208160308
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
From Twitter:

Follow Chris Moody
‏@Chris_Moody
Paul Ryan in Ohio just now: “As Joe Biden might say, it’s great to be here in Nevada!”
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

:rotf:
Piney Power!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »
How cool!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »
From Twitter:
Follow Chris Moody
‏@Chris_Moody
Paul Ryan in Ohio just now: “As Joe Biden might say, it’s great to be here in Nevada!”
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
 :rotf:

And Joe pronouncing the name of the state: "Nuh-VAH-duh"

That pronunciation drives Nevadans nuts.  :rotf:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: The Scene at Paul Ryan's Fraternity House
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »
I have a number of friends who went to Miami-Ohio.  It is quite well known as a party school. It wouldn't affect my vote, but I hope there are no salacious stories that get floated about Ryan from his college years.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
I have a number of friends who went to Miami-Ohio.  It is quite well known as a party school. It wouldn't affect my vote, but I hope there are no salacious stories that get floated about Ryan from his college years.

How would that compare to Barack Obama/Barry Soetoro's years at Columbia University, where NOBODY who was in the pre-law or PolySci programs at the same time he was, ever remembers encountering him?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »

I know nothing about that . . .   :whistling:  :-)
Piney Power!!

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »
Anybody see the workout guru on F&F this morning?  This guy?

:whistling:  yum. 

Apparently this is the only "shirtless" photo out there.  Thundley, the guy's a straight arrow.  I don't think we'll be hearing stories. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »
Anybody see the workout guru on F&F this morning?  This guy?

:whistling:  yum. 

Apparently this is the only "shirtless" photo out there.  Thundley, the guy's a straight arrow.  I don't think we'll be hearing stories. 

I saw the same picture linked at the DUmp and some of them said he looked gay.  So don't count those stories out yet.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »
The Delts were our biggest rivals at the college where I went.I would say I woildn't vote for a Delt, but Ryan did go to the University at which my fraternity (Sigma Chi) started.

So, he's good
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
The Delts were our biggest rivals at the college where I went.I would say I woildn't vote for a Delt, but Ryan did go to the University at which my fraternity (Sigma Chi) started.

So, he's good

The Sigmas and the Delts were both full of pretty good guys at MU.

The Betas and the TKEs were the super preps (this being the early 80s)

Don't recall too much about the other fraternities as I was a GDI (G**damned Independent  :-) )
Piney Power!!

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »
I saw the same picture linked at the DUmp and some of them said he looked gay.  So don't count those stories out yet.

What are the DUmmies saying?  There's something wrong being gay?  What does that have to do with salacious college stories? 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »
What are the DUmmies saying?  There's something wrong being gay?  What does that have to do with salacious college stories? 

The DUmmies never make sense.  They claim they love teh gheys, but constantly use gay slurs against conservatives.

There have also been a couple of DUmmies saying they need to dig up dirt on Ryan since there is very little on Romney that seems to be working.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »
The Sigmas and the Delts were both full of pretty good guys at MU.

The Betas and the TKEs were the super preps (this being the early 80s)

Don't recall too much about the other fraternities as I was a GDI (G**damned Independent  :-) )

Freaking Geeds...  :-)
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 11:34:16 AM »
Toga! Toga! Toga!  :yahoo: :lmao:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du