Author Topic: The anti-federalist papers. The Constitution was a mistake.  (Read 3243 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: The anti-federalist papers. The Constitution was a mistake.
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
So YOU can sit on YOUR ass come the new revolution, when or if to does...

Did I mention I like my job.

Quit saying stupid shit.

I have cited history correctly and NO, I do NOT consider what we have now to be representation. The "law" now imposed on us isn't even the one Congress passed, bad as that one is! The word "penalty" had been transmuted to "tax."

Did 2010 stop yesterday's enormity?

Aw, poor baby. 1 election --WON--and still all is lost.

Put your big girl panties on and vote twice. And then a third time. And a fourth. Keeping doing it.

It's a neverending process.

You're not going to team up with you beer buddies and march on DC to impose some new form of government (would you keep the old one you whine is so broken?). And whatever you propose would still be subject to corruption and those who outright ignore the rules. One other fact of history you ignore is the tens of thousands of jokers who thought they were smart enough to have all the answers to take care of everyone else.

At best you'll bitch and pout. At worse you'll go out like Tim McVeigh.

And if you keep talking up violence against the US I'll dime you out myself so just shut the **** up about it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
Did I mention I like my job.

Quit saying stupid shit.

Aw, poor baby. 1 election --WON--and still all is lost.

Put your big girl panties on and vote twice. And then a third time. And a fourth. Keeping doing it.

It's a neverending process.

You're not going to team up with you beer buddies and march on DC to impose some new form of government (would you keep the old one you whine is so broken?). And whatever you propose would still be subject to corruption and those who outright ignore the rules. One other fact of history you ignore is the tens of thousands of jokers who thought they were smart enough to have all the answers to take care of everyone else.

At best you'll bitch and pout. At worse you'll go out like Tim McVeigh.

And if you keep talking up violence against the US I'll dime you out myself so just shut the **** up about it.

I had no idea you were such a complete jerk. I started in a simple, declarative manner, listed some significant observations from the time shortly after the Revolution, and you head straight to 1) condescension, and 2) telling me I'm an ally of our country's enemies.

If I "go out," it'll be like Nathan Hale, not like Tim McVeigh. I wouldn't attack innocent people and I never proposed that!  That was a pretty revolting comment, SB.

You're free to mischaracterize what I've written all you like, but there's no bitching, no pouting, just a facing up to reality--something you're pretty obviously incapable of. You have no idea what I'll do when my country's freedom from a dictatorship is at stake. You don't know me. But I know you, just from your comment "I like my job"--fat (which I do not mean literally) and comfortable, and unwilling to do anything that matters. You're the pouter here, Mr SB, and you're a child. Enjoy your playpen.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:57:24 AM by Danglars »

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
This really sucks for old dingelar.  I think he/she/it was hoping for a bunch of ignorant rednecks to show how ignorant & redneck they are. Where is the MILF when you need them.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »

You're the pouter here, Mr SB, and you're a child. Enjoy your playpen.

I look at the above quote & your avitar & it cracks me up. Prissy little punk.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »
This really sucks for old dingelar.  I think he/she/it was hoping for a bunch of ignorant rednecks to show how ignorant & redneck they are. Where is the MILF when you need them.

I was hoping for nothing of the kind, and I never thought that of you or anyone here. Would "ignorant rednecks" have any grasp of the anti-federalist sections I posted, or would comprehending them require a high degree of learning?  

I was hoping for people who didn't have their eyes shut. I was also really just trying to present some history that shows that learned people at the time shortly after the American Revolution saw all this coming. And yes, it sucks, seeing two such self-blinded but self-misnamed "conservatives" mischaracterize the words (and intent!) of someone they would have called a fellow conservative. What did I get? Comparisons to Tim McVeigh and Al Qaeda. Hey, why don't you go for Hitler?

Funny thing is, it looks like a couple of ignorant people is precisely what I found. I have no idea if you're "rednecks."

And no, I don't think either one of you is better than that. You've shown what sort of vituperative individuals you are. I wouldn't be able to stand myself, if I were like either of you. I pity your children.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 11:58:26 AM »
If I "go out," it'll be like Patrick Henry...

Except no one is offering to hang you.

There is nothing going on in this nation that was not foreseen by the founders or offer a political resolution.

Talking about armed revolution to overthrow a government when political remedies abound is an act of insurrection. Even your own fantasy government would never tolerate such a thing.

Heaping unending compliments upon yourself ("I'm not deluded" "I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses" "You're pouting") only betrays the ridiculousness of what you propose. You declare all is lost because 2010 didn't immediately undo ObamaCare ... but somehow you think you have the stamina to overthrow the US when the troops and citizenry are still loyal.

We aren't going to Dc armed. We're going to our local rallies and then we're going to our voting precincts. Because that's what patriots do.

Telling you to STFU about stupid shit was an act of friendship. I tried appealing to a sense of optomistic defiance but apparently you lack the wherewithall to measure up to even my worst PV2. A good ass chewing can be useful. If nothing else it will save you from embarrassing yourself.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
if I were like either of you. I pity your children.

Well obviously, you're not.  Therefore, I guess you won't be having any children for us to pity.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »
Except no one is offering to hang you.

There is nothing going on in this nation that was not foreseen by the founders or offer a political resolution.

Talking about armed revolution to overthrow a government when political remedies abound is an act of insurrection. Even your own fantasy government would never tolerate such a thing.

Heaping unending compliments upon yourself ("I'm not deluded" "I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses" "You're pouting") only betrays the ridiculousness of what you propose. You declare all is lost because 2010 didn't immediately undo ObamaCare ... but somehow you think you have the stamina to overthrow the US when the troops and citizenry are still loyal.

We aren't going to Dc armed. We're going to our local rallies and then we're going to our voting precincts. Because that's what patriots do.

Telling you to STFU about stupid shit was an act of friendship. I tried appealing to a sense of optomistic defiance but apparently you lack the wherewithall to measure up to even my worst PV2. A good ass chewing can be useful. If nothing else it will save you from embarrassing yourself.

I didn't "heap compliments" on myself. I was insulting you as gently as I could. In the face of your naked vituperation, some response that also denigrated you by implication was called for. That implication being that you're blind as a bat.

You're a lazy thinker, SB--you state "Heaping unending compliments upon yourself ("I'm not deluded" "I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses" "You're pouting") only betrays the ridiculousness of what you propose." But you don't explain how those two are connected. At all. No doubt the sentence sounded good to you, but explaining further was beyond you.

No, no one is offering to hang me now, nor was I suggesting that anyone was. I think that was obvious to any reader, but your delight in your own self-imagined cleverness just couldn't let you pass up that line, could it?

NOT all the political movers behind the Constitution foresaw what is happening now, not so clearly as the anti-federalists, and they certainly did not lend their formidable writing talents to achieve the opposite of what they were, of course, leading the charge for--the Constitution.

No, telling me to STFU on this was the act of a thoughtless clown, with not an original thought in his head, and one who had not one intelligent comment to make on Judge Yates' opinions. You can cling to the notion that you are in some way viewing the writing I've presented here in any way other than the most heedless, DUmmie-like way possible, but that won't make it so. I also attend meetings and rallies, and that may not be enough.

I told Bad Dog that I DIDN'T have a plan and I didn't start posting this with a plan in mind. But since he insisted, I gave him the obvious answer to enslavement--rebellion. That does not mean I'm in the midst of planning one, fool.

I don't need to be saved from "embarrassing myself," SB, but you do, oh you do very much. I repeat--you addressed not one word of any of the historical writings I posted. And why? Mostly, I'd guess, because you're just too damned lazy to read them.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »
Well obviously, you're not.  Therefore, I guess you won't be having any children for us to pity.

You should be doing video editing for MSNBC.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 12:33:56 PM »
You should be doing video editing for MSNBC.

Indeed.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »
Nor did you address any of my subtantive answers SB. You tossed me naive comments about bills originating in the House, with your Katie-Couric-to-Sarah-Palin snideness; just as she was insinuating that Palin doesn't read, you were insinuating that I don't know something so basic. The last thing I need is a civics lesson from someone so shallow as you. Want to explain how bills originating in the House stops Congress from passing dictatorial laws? Not that Obamacare originated in the House--or didn't you know that, SB?

Pravda-like, you repeat the big lie, eg that I've "cited history incorrectly." But I hadn't. You just wanted that to skate by.

YOU put on your pants, girlfriend, and look at the world around you. Or stay blind. It's all one to me.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
Dear Danglers,

I don't know you but I have developed some level of respect through your writings.

It is due to this respect I would like to offer a small bit of advise.

You are doing yourself some small bit of harm in this thread. You might say "so what this is just some internet forum".

I would venture to say that you must care or you wouldn't have bothered in the first place. I suggest that you take a break, take a deep breath, maybe start reading some of the excelent analysis available.

Don't get me wrong, the decision reached by the supremes was very bad news but all is not lost. This kind of crap moves in cycles, it always has. The events of this week are not going to lost on the public, I know they move rather slowly but keep 2010 in mind.

Thanks,
EK
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
Dear Danglers,

I don't know you but I have developed some level of respect through your writings.

It is due to this respect I would like to offer a small bit of advise.

You are doing yourself some small bit of harm in this thread. You might say "so what this is just some internet forum".

I would venture to say that you must care or you wouldn't have bothered in the first place. I suggest that you take a break, take a deep breath, maybe start reading some of the excelent analysis available.

Don't get me wrong, the decision reached by the supremes was very bad news but all is not lost. This kind of crap moves in cycles, it always has. The events of this week are not going to lost on the public, I know they move rather slowly but keep 2010 in mind.

Thanks,
EK

EK--I don't think I'm doing myself any harm whatsoever. Others are free to think as they wish. I know who started this thread in good faith, did not resort to condescension or ad hominem attacks, and really I couldn't possibly care less what such a nasty person as SB thinks of me. And if others flock to him or against me merely because they know him better, without reading what was written here, they can go to hell along with him.

And you're right, I'm thinking that this is a just an Internet forum. I can take it or leave it. I cared enough to post, but I don't care to be mocked when I write in good faith, and I'm sure not going to beg for the privilege of being insulted. Nor did I see one, NOT ONE, cogent point on the topic at hand made by the other people posting to this thread.

Thank you for your concern, EK, but the above would be better directed to SB. Since you seem well-intended, I ask you to please read these posts and see who began the food fight, which I tried to avoid.  

Best.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:55:46 PM by Danglars »

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
EK--I don't think I'm doing myself any harm whatsoever. Others are free to thinkas they wish. I know who started this thread in good faith, did not resort to condescension or ad hominem attacks, and really I couldn't possibly care less what such a nasty person as SB thinks of me. And if others flock to him or against me merely because they know him better, whithout reading what was written here, they can go to hell along with him.

And you're right, I'm thinking that this is a just an Internet forum. I can take it or leave it. I cared enough to post, but I don't care to be mocked when I write in good faith, and I'm sure not going to beg for the privilege of being insulted. Nor did I see one, NOT ONE, cogent point on the topic at hand made by the other people posting to this thread.

Thank you for your concern, EK, but the above would be better directed to SB. Since you seem well-intended, I ask you to please read these posts and see who began the food fight, which I tried to avoid. 

Best.

All you do is piss, moan,whine and puke. When I asked you what your solutins were, you said you had none. So what use are you?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
You tossed me naive comments about bills originating in the House...

Naive? It's the constitution. Granted, you might wish to overthrow it while killing Americans in pursuit of ...something... but it's still there.

We can repeal it, we can punish those who voted for it and we can exploit Roberts' and the Dem's bone-headedness to our advantage.

Case in point: We don't need 60 votes for cloture in the senate.

Why? Because 1) the dems passed it as a budget item under rules of Reconciliation and 2) when Roberts called it a tax he reaffirmed that its a budget item.

Not only did we stomp a mud-hole in them in 2010 but we have 2012 and 2014 elections to build on those gains as taxes increase, services decline and the economy stagnates all without the much-promised benefits.

The American people will demand unholy vengeance on those who forced such a thing on them.

Why even considering killing Americans (you do know that is the implied task of "overthrowing the government")?

I consider killing Americans an insult so stop whining about some supposed abuse you've suffered at my keyboard. At least nobody fantasizes about killing you.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »
All you do is piss, moan,whine and puke. When I asked you what your solutins were, you said you had none. So what use are you?

I just want to be clear on your point here: presenting the roots of a problem requires that I also have the solution? Is that the prerequisite, now, for posting information and discussing history? Or is that rule just for me? You'll have precious few threads started, then.

All you do is post a lot of foul-mouthed trash talk, but hey, I guess you can't help yourself. It's in your nature.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 01:06:14 PM »

I just want to be clear on your point here: presenting the roots of a problem requires that I also have the solution? Is that the prerequisite, now, for posting information and discussing history? Or is that rule just for me? You'll have precious few threads started, then.

All you do is post a lot of foul-mouthed trash talk, but hey, I guess you can't help yourself. It's in your nature.

Man, you sure have a high opinion of yourself.  Thank you so much for enlightning us.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
I just want to be clear on your point here: presenting the roots of a problem requires that I also have the solution?

Meanwhile, those of us that constitutionally anticipate such problems and have political solutions will apparently be on the wrong side of your People's Unstoppable Revolution of Glorious Equality because campaigning and voting is too hard for some.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 01:18:11 PM »
Meanwhile, those of us that constitutionally anticipate such problems and have political solutions will apparently be on the wrong side of your People's Unstoppable Revolution of Glorious Equality because campaigning and voting is too hard for some.

We need some pie here Sarge.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »
Naive? It's the constitution. Granted, you might wish to overthrow it while killing Americans in pursuit of ...something... but it's still there.

We can repeal it, we can punish those who voted for it and we can exploit Roberts' and the Dem's bone-headedness to our advantage.

Case in point: We don't need 60 votes for cloture in the senate.

Why? Because 1) the dems passed it as a budget item under rules of Reconciliation and 2) when Roberts called it a tax he reaffirmed that its a budget item.

Not only did we stomp a mud-hole in them in 2010 but we have 2012 and 2014 elections to build on those gains as taxes increase, services decline and the economy stagnates all without the much-promised benefits.

The American people will demand unholy vengeance on those who forced such a thing on them.

Why even considering killing Americans (you do know that is the implied task of "overthrowing the government")?

I consider killing Americans an insult so stop whining about some supposed abuse you've suffered at my keyboard. At least nobody fantasizes about killing you.

It's naive because it has NOTHING to do with Congress abusing its power! Good gods, you must see that when a political party takes control of all the instrumentalities of government it can do ANYTHING it wishes!

If you consider killing Americans an insult--and I never proposed killing anyone, I proposed a mass convergence on DC, but I will admit something like that might eventually require violence--then you would have to consider the Revolutionary war an insult. They were all "Americans" until battle lines were drawn between royalists and rebels. I didn't fantasize about killing you particularly or anyone particularly, so stop putting words on my keyboard.  Quote where I wanted some act of violence to occur to YOU particularly or cut the mischaracterization crap. I answered Bad Dog's question as best I could, in fact I wasn't expecting it at all, I never said I had a "plan," because I'm as helpless as anyone--and we are helpless; as I've written the last bricks of a prison are being mortared into place around us--but it wasn't my main point here. If you want to think we have power then think it, but I won't fool myself. I'll continue to do just what you do, I'll keep fighting the good political fight, but I don't believe it's going to work. Even after Nov. 2012--assuming the electorate casts out that monster.

I have written over and over myself that Obamacare can be, of course, be repealed in just the same manner it was passed. I am not unaware of that. But I look about me and I see that the anti-federalists were RIGHT. They WERE. And that's ALL this thread was supposed to be--a bit of interesting historical disquisition. And, yes, a place for my stated opinion, not refuted here at all, that we'd have been better off with the Articles of Confederation, because we KNOW the consequences of the Constitution. We are living them. And they are very bad.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »

You know, you can use hyperbole to try to deflate a valid point, but I'll keep assuming the smarter readers of this thread know that that's exactly what you're doing.

I was writing about those who PRE-constitutionally anticipated the problems that our third founding document would engender. So--you have all the answers? Attend rallies, meetings, organize? That'll turn back the clock to a government that isn't obliterating anything outside itself?

Nor did I write anything that could be construed as "voting is too hard for some." I've written that it may be useless. That we may be done. Is that too difficult a possible reality for you to consider, you who writes speculative fiction? No matter what we do, it may be too late. BD can call that "whining" all he likes; I call it taking off those rose-colored glasses.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2012, 01:29:43 PM »

I'll keep assuming the smarter readers of this thread know that that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm afraid we're not worthy of you dinglars.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »
Man, you sure have a high opinion of yourself.  Thank you so much for enlightning us.

I'm looking at the post to which the above is a response to and I can't find ONE THING I wrote about myself. Unless it's the part about a "rule just for me," which was based on my wondering if you really expect people who post thoughts to have all the answers, or if you're just writing this because you wanted to help out SB, no matter who might be right or wrong?

I DO have a low opinion of foul-mouthed trash talk. It has its place in occasional posts, but when used routinely, it tells us something about the writer and his upbringing.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »
I'm afraid we're not worthy of you dinglars.

More hyperbole. Other readers can judge.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »

I DO have a low opinion of foul-mouthed trash talk. It has its place in occasional posts, but when used routinely, it tells us something about the writer and his upbringing.

Damn!  You are perceptive.  I was actually raised in the wild by marmosets.