Author Topic: Jerusalem - Prime Minister Netanyahu's Father Dies At 102  (Read 415 times)

Offline CG6468

Jerusalem - Prime Minister Netanyahu's Father Dies At 102
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
Jerusalem - Prime Minister Netanyahu's Father Dies At 102

Jerusalem - Ben-Zion Netanyahu, the historian and Zionist activist whose skepticism about peacemaking with the Arabs helped to shape the world outlook of his son, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, died on Monday. He was 102.

Born Ben-Zion Mileikowsky in Warsaw, Poland, Netanyahu was a devout follower of revisionist Zionist leader Zeev Jabotinsky, who advocated Jewish military strength and opposed partitioning Palestine between Arabs and Jews. Netanyahu served as his personal aide until Jabotinsky’s death in 1940.

He then edited right-wing Jewish publications and earned a Ph.D in history from Dropsie College in Philadelphia, a center of Jewish learning that was later incorporated into the University of Pennsylvania. Later, he was a professor of Jewish history and Hebrew literature at the University of Denver and Cornell University, where he served as chairman of the department of Semitic languages and literature. He was the editor-in-chief of the Hebrew Encyclopedia for more than a decade.

He was best known in academic circles for his research into the medieval inquisition against the Jews of Spain.

(snip)

In newspaper interviews late in life, Ben-Zion Netanyahu forcefully questioned the feasibility of Mideast peace.
“The tendency to conflict is in the essence of the Arab. He is an enemy by essence. His personality won’t allow him any compromise or agreement. It doesn’t matter what kind of resistance he will meet, what price he will pay. His existence is one of perpetual war,” he told the Maariv daily in 2009. “The Arab citizens’ goal is to destroy us. They don’t deny that they want to destroy us.” (snip)

http://www.vosizneias.com/105437/2012/04/30/jerusalem-prime-minister-netanyahus-father-dies-at-102
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Airwolf

Re: Jerusalem - Prime Minister Netanyahu's Father Dies At 102
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:06:08 PM »
RIP to a good person. He had to be very proud of his son.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »
Rip, I will be saying a prayer for him. He was a good man.

Offline A7X_foREVer

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
RIP sir
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:05 AM »
I pray for Bibi's father.  He obviously did well in raising his sons to be heroes (Bibi's older brother Jonathan was killed leading the raid on Entebbe). :taps: even though he's not American.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 09:20:37 AM »
I pray for Bibi's father.  He obviously did well in raising his sons to be heroes (Bibi's older brother Jonathan was killed leading the raid on Entebbe). :taps: even though he's not American.

Like.  RIP!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.