Author Topic: NU thread makes DU look sane.  (Read 9034 times)

Offline Airwolf

Re: NU thread makes DU look sane.
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »

I remember that night. :-)

I had never seen two supermods go at it before that. :o

Hopefully it will be something that's never seen again.

I even tried to be nice to her at NU...didn't work out so well.

Got tired of her responding to every post I made...especially when it was refuting the nonsense of the Libtards over there...with "this isn't CU"

:whatever:

Also one of the reasons I left NU. If all a site is going to have is swapping recipes and lefist CT run amuk then you might as well call yourself DU: The Next Generation.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »
what is all the content edited crap?

Are they that nazi admin like over there.

Yes, they are. And they do that to both sides. Our leftist co-owner and babysitting monitor is constantly on our case about not saying this or that to upset the ROC, or editing (read: censoring) us so we won't "upset" the ROC and thus "disturb the site's civility." People are banned or given "time-outs" for seemingly no good reason, and he refuses to discuss it or to allow us to discuss it or to ask questions about it under the guise of the "admins (he and Scott) know best." And Scott does the same thing on the ROC side.

Regarding lounge "leakage": we had the same problem in the leftist lounge a couple of times, with moles and trolls leaking what was said there to the other forums. It wasn't just an ROC problem.

**** that.
never been there. never gonna.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2008, 10:48:15 AM »
what is all the content edited crap?

Are they that nazi admin like over there.

Yes, they are. And they do that to both sides. Our leftist co-owner and babysitting monitor is constantly on our case about not saying this or that to upset the ROC, or editing (read: censoring) us so we won't "upset" the ROC and thus "disturb the site's civility." People are banned or given "time-outs" for seemingly no good reason, and he refuses to discuss it or to allow us to discuss it or to ask questions about it under the guise of the "admins (he and Scott) know best." And Scott does the same thing on the ROC side.

Regarding lounge "leakage": we had the same problem in the leftist lounge a couple of times, with moles and trolls leaking what was said there to the other forums. It wasn't just an ROC problem.

**** that.
never been there. never gonna.

It's heavy-handed moderation and censorship at its worst. I hope that CC never becomes like that, if it does, I am so outta here.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 10:55:09 AM »

Got tired of her responding to every post I made...especially when it was refuting the nonsense of the Libtards over there...with "this isn't CU"

Also one of the reasons I left NU. If all a site is going to have is swapping recipes and lefist CT run amuk then you might as well call yourself DU: The Next Generation.

It's what liberals do best. Disagree with them? poof you are gone, yep! the NU part is a ridiculious "departure from reality"

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2008, 05:28:23 PM »
I went there and lurked yesterday - both "mellie" and "gator" were there - I'll avoid any forum either one of those two are on, even as regular posters. Mod power, forget it.

"Mellie" seems to always have PMS, but so does "gator", even though he will use upper-case letters. ::)

I couldn't quite grasp the concept of the place - mixing left and right doesn't neutralize anything, it just cancels each other out. Plue, they have REAL du posters like that moonbat Bok, who I've deemed insane a long time ago.

I actually thought about joining up exactly to post a recipie, but I don't  really trust their judgement on even that.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »
  #20    Today, 06:21 PM 
admin 
Administrator http://www.neutralunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40045
Political Persuasion: I refuse to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJohnson 
Gator normally only starts these type of threads when he has the ability to ban people that "call him out"

This should be interesting.

Mabye he is out to destroy a second forum....he already has one under his belt.

If you have issues with the way Gator runs CU, post them to CU.

We have no interest in being the battlefield in a board war.

And THAT tells me pretty much all I want to know about NU.

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »
Maybe we need to add NU to the B&W of section.

gator responds to a question on Israel...
No real suprises.

05-11-2008, 07:29 AM 
gator 
Moral Clarity Master
Political Persuasion: Right of Center

OK Bok, I'll bite just to make your day.

I think we should do it for several reasons:

1. We don't give enough our money to Israel now. I would like to see at least 30% of our GNP to be sent to Israel for they can live even better than they do now. I know I think that an Israelis is much more deserving of my money than I am. I also know when we borrow money from the Chinese to give to Israel the interest is reasonable so I don’t have to worry about that too much.

2. It would be great to continue to piss off a billion Arabs for another 50 years. If Israel becomes a member of NATO maybe we can extend that for another 200 years. In fact if we play our cards right it could be a Forever War.

3. Enough Americans have not died to protect Israel so we need to have more. It makes us stronger as a nation to die for Israel. In fact we should all live in order to die for Israel.

4. God would want us to make Israel a member of NATO.

5. I think that adding a brutal Middle East Apartheid Theocracy to NATO would really add real diversity. Turkey failed in that role so we need a little affirmative action.

6. I like the idea of killing Palestinians women and children and stealing land from them and putting them in concentration camps and if Israel is added to NATO we can do to that to our heart’s content. Life would be good.

7. I really like the idea of pissing off the Arabs that have the oil we need to run our 14.5 trillion dollar a year economy. That way the use of alternatives energies can be explored. Kind of a Green thing, know what I mean? Supporting Israel is good for the environment because it makes us less dependent upon foreign oil. Well, actually we are just as dependent but it will cost more and be less available so that will drive things like giving up our cars and walking, which is good exercise, right?

I think that the idea of adding Israel to NATO doesn't go far enough. I think we should make Israel a US state. Actually that would not work too well so maybe the US should become another settlement of Israel. That would even be better because then they would have direct access to our GNP and wouldn’t have to go through a middleman like Congress. Let us just hope that the Israelis don't kill us Christians like they killed the Palestinian Christians. I feel lucky so I am willing to take a chance.

I like this idea.

Offline Lisa

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »

It's what liberals do best. Disagree with them? poof you are gone, yep! the NU part is a ridiculious "departure from reality"

Actually, the ROC there was just as bad, it wasn't just the LOC, believe me. No one could say anything that might upset certain posters or the mods. Trouble was, you didn't know who most of the mods were. And heaven forbid you should disagree in the slightest with any of the mods or admins. And, once again, the ROC was just as bad. And the Centrists didn't have it much better.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »

Actually, the ROC there was just as bad, it wasn't just the LOC, believe me. No one could say anything that might upset certain posters or the mods. Trouble was, you didn't know who most of the mods were. And heaven forbid you should disagree in the slightest with any of the mods or admins. And, once again, the ROC was just as bad. And the Centrists didn't have it much better.

I've been reading NU for a long time and I just don't find what you are saying to be reality.  Could you please link to some threads which support your claim?  I really want to know what I missed.

Just a few examples will do.  Thanks.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »

what you seem to be describing then is a tight little clique You are either in it or not. That dosen't sound too exciting.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:17:19 PM by Willow »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2008, 08:38:54 PM »

what you seem to be describing then is a tight little clique You are either in it or not. That dosen't sound too exciting.

They are brilliant and exciting in their own minds.  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.