Author Topic: Massholistani Trooper Accidentally Shoots Woman While Hunting  (Read 4540 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Massholistani Trooper Accidentally Shoots Woman While Hunting
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 06:44:48 AM »
It's called prudence.   Obligated? no.   Just stupidity not doing so during hunting season when her entire family are hunters and she lives next to popular hunting grounds.

The shooting took place after sunset and just before black powder rifle deer hunting season ended on Saturday.

After sunset is the key here.     Unless one is Jacking Deer, why not just go the hell home?????

How does one mistake a dog for a deer, heck our deer have long legs and I have yet to see one less then 3 feet from the ground. Excepting fawns.

Question here,   was the woman with the dogs wearing WHITE mittins or gloves that in the semi darkness look like a deer flag ??

The woman knowing it was last day of deer hunting and the sun just gone down may have decided it was safe to walk her dogs.

I refuse to believe the Hunter was shooting at the dogs, I believe he saw the woman about the right hight for a deer and fired in his last chance to get a deer that year.  We have some good size deer up here.

Farmers are known to use spray paint on their stock in deer season, a big orange C O W on both sides of their animals.

As this woman was a senior citizen she most likely was not that far from her house, what was the hunter doing fireing that close to dwellings and the like in those conditions?   

Where is it said that citizens cannot go about their lives without buying some sort of protection from hunters after or at sun down???   Hunters wear the bright orange who expects grandma to have to do the same at the very end of hunting season at sun down???

We had about 5 years ago a woman hanging out clothes on a line when she was shot and killed----she was wearing WHITE mittens at the time.

Darn if we wish to hunt, as I did years ago, go for the deep woods, know where there are people and stay far, far away.

This Hunter is 100% at fault and there is no way I will believe he was aiming at a less then 3 foot dog.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 08:41:27 AM »
Yeah because hunting and rape are the same.    :whatever:

You seem to have made that link first.  I as a hunter am responsible for being sure of my target.

I'm also guessing that if someone walked through the woods with an orange vest blowing a horn and flashing lights, the hunters might get a bit pissed for scaring all the game away.

Bottom line, if it's to the point where non-hunters have to fear getting shot, then the hunters, not the others, are to blame for that.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »
It's called prudence.   Obligated? no.   Just stupidity not doing so during hunting season when her entire family are hunters and she lives next to popular hunting grounds.

And what happens when some dipshit fires at rustling bushes (as has happened)?  How you going to lay blame on her then?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »

Okay, chastise her for stupidity. No sweat off my brow. But there are lots of stupid people on the planet, but that doesn't merit being shot for it.

Again, the burden of effort belongs on the hunter, who is contemplating letting loose a projectile that can kill. All the woman is trying to do is walk her dogs.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
I say anyone that goes outside during hunting season BETTER be wearing a vest!  It should be law damnit!  :hyper:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »
You seem to have made that link first.  I as a hunter am responsible for being sure of my target.

I'm also guessing that if someone walked through the woods with an orange vest blowing a horn and flashing lights, the hunters might get a bit pissed for scaring all the game away.

Bottom line, if it's to the point where non-hunters have to fear getting shot, then the hunters, not the others, are to blame for that.

I never made that link. 

It was an accident.  He was not charged because he was within a defined hunting area that she breached and as a hunter should have know better.   The guy feels horrible.   He did something stupid.   

Let it go for Pete's sake.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »
And what happens when some dipshit fires at rustling bushes (as has happened)?  How you going to lay blame on her then?

Accidents don't happen in the hunting world?   They are accident free?  or only when the "real" hunters are hunting.

:whatever:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
Accidents don't happen in the hunting world?   They are accident free?  or only when the "real" hunters are hunting.

Accidents? Accidents are easily avoided. Know what you're shooting at. An accident is firing at a deer, the round misses and hits a rock and ricochets off hitting someone. This wasn't an accident; this was incompetence.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »
Accidents? Accidents are easily avoided. Know what you're shooting at. An accident is firing at a deer, the round misses and hits a rock and ricochets off hitting someone. This wasn't an accident; this was incompetence.

He did something stupid.   He is lucky she is alive.   Her husband, who is a gun safety instructor, forgave his hunting pal.   

Case closed. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2012, 11:28:24 AM »

Yup--accidents happen.  But not accidental shootings.  That to me is one of the biggest crocks of shit ever, and a cop out.  "Accidental shooting"?  Really?  Did the gun just jump out of your hand and pull its own trigger?

No, it's NEGLIGENCE, plain and simple.  That guy made a conscious decision to aim and fire his weapon without positively identifying his target.  That's not an accident.

Falling out of a tree-stand and shattering your ankle, like one of my co-workers has done?  Yeah, that's an accident.  But when guns go boom and people get hurt or killed, that's not an accident.

Offline Karin

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »
The exact same debate happened here a few years ago.  Only it wasn't a dog, it was a mother of infant twins who got killed.  She was wearing white mittens.  A fine upstanding citizen was the shooter.  The case was disposed of with no blame placed.  Tore this place apart. 

I for one, do not go on strolls through woods during hunting season. 

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2012, 05:08:38 AM »
There is absolutely NO excuse! The only hunting accident does no involve a firearm IMO. Your walking thru the woods in the dark getting to your stand and you get a branch shoved up your nose! That's a hunting accident. Or you fall out your stand. You DON"T have accidents with guns period! You have stupidity and carelessness enough to be criminal in this case. You should have respect for the animal your hunting. Not just to be sure its a deer your shooting but to be sure you know exactly where that bullet is going to hit that animal. Blasting away at an animal and wounding it as to have its suffer for the rest of its life is criminal to me also. 
  He should be in jail! 
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2012, 06:52:40 AM »
There is absolutely NO excuse! The only hunting accident does no involve a firearm IMO. Your walking thru the woods in the dark getting to your stand and you get a branch shoved up your nose! That's a hunting accident. Or you fall out your stand. You DON"T have accidents with guns period! You have stupidity and carelessness enough to be criminal in this case. You should have respect for the animal your hunting. Not just to be sure its a deer your shooting but to be sure you know exactly where that bullet is going to hit that animal. Blasting away at an animal and wounding it as to have its suffer for the rest of its life is criminal to me also. 
  He should be in jail! 

I have to agree with Cats, some idiots will not bother to track the wounded game takes too much time for their taste  by tracking for hours on end at times.     Never go hunting with anyone that will not track a wounded animal and put them out of their misery.

Then the disturbing thought that if the hunter and the husband of the shot woman were old hunting partners, why was the shooter not aware that his Buddy's wife walked her dogs in that area????

Watching too much Alfred Hitchock,  I guess.