Author Topic: Rubber room's 'dirty' old man  (Read 735 times)

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
Rubber room's 'dirty' old man
« on: December 26, 2010, 11:26:49 AM »

Rubber room's 'dirty' old man
New York Post
by Susan Edelman

He just won't leave. At age 75, Roland Pierre is the granddaddy of the rubber room -- 13 years in the purgatory of teachers yanked from the classroom for alleged wrongdoing. But the Department of Education can't fire Pierre, and he's stuck around long past the minimum retirement age.

Pierre was permanently removed from the classroom in 1997 after he was accused of sexually molesting a sixth-grade girl at PS 138 in Brooklyn. But since then, Pierre has continued to receive full pay and fringe benefits, including health, pension and vacation, officials said. He pulls down $97,101 a year. He's one of six tenured teachers that Chancellor Joel Klein has refused to return to the classroom, even though any criminal charges were dropped and DOE hearing officers let them off the hook.

Pierre has been "permanently reassigned" the longest of all. On June 26, 1997, Pierre, then 62, was arrested on felony sex-abuse charges after he allegedly called one of his students into an empty classroom where he taught English as a second language, closed the door and molested her. First he wrapped the girl in a "bear hug," according to a statement by then-schools investigator Ed Stancik. "He then kissed her on the mouth, inserted his tongue in her mouth, fondled her chest and reached under her skirt."

MORE

"Hired in 1986, Pierre could have retired at age 62. At his age, he can collect Social Security as well as his full salary, so his income may be close to $125,000 a year, sources said."

Yes, we must protect the precious union thugs and perverts. Whatever the cost. Its 'for the little children' mind you.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline true_blood

Re: Rubber room's 'dirty' old man
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
This is STUPIDITY at it's finest.
And New York wonders why it's going broke? Really? I think there is also another teacher in NY that has gotten thrown into the rubber room and is still collecting a check. STUPID! :argh:

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
Something seams wrong here....  :???:

Offline Max

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »
He admits hugging and kissing her  behind closed doors, but not being aroused so no charges made but indefinate paid leave.   WTH??  Pedo dream job .

Why the heck are the girls parents letting this slide, and how many other poor kids did he not get aroused from rubbing up against????

Offline Janice

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 08:57:05 PM »
I think there is also another teacher in NY that has gotten thrown into the rubber room and is still collecting a check. STUPID! :argh:

I believe there are hundreds ... in the 'rubber rooms' in NYC alone. Thousands across the country.

NEW YORK (AP) - Hundreds of New York City teachers who are paid full salaries to do nothing while they await disciplinary hearings >>> About 650 educators, more than 500 of them teachers, are in the teacher-reassignment centers, costing the city tens of millions of dollars a year, including $30 million in salaries, officials said.

The teachers generally spend months or even years in the so-called rubber rooms playing Scrabble, reading or surfing the Internet while still collecting full salaries of $70,000 a year or more. The nickname refers to the padded cells of asylums, and teachers have said the name is fitting, since some of the inhabitants can become unstable.

The city has blamed union rules that make it difficult to fire teachers ...

SOURCE

Offline Janice

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »
Also note how that the teachers' union in New York wants the ability wear their support for their savior, Barack Obama. In fact, now it is suing the city to reverse its policy which currently bans teachers from wearing political campaign buttons.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »

No shit, Sherlock!  :thatsright:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »

Wow....

Ya think?

:whatever:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 10:00:11 AM »

Another stellar comment from our resident lib..... :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
YUP!
It's called, liberalism.  :mental:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 04:31:04 PM »
Oh come on people, you can barely live in NYC for $97-$125k per year!  :whatever:  :whatever:  :whatever:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
I believe there are hundreds ... in the 'rubber rooms' in NYC alone. Thousands across the country.

I don't know of any other rubber rooms outside of NYC -- do you have a link for that?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 04:40:29 PM »
Something seams wrong here....  :???:

seems wrong?  

Offline Janice

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 06:38:09 PM »
I don't know of any other rubber rooms outside of NYC -- do you have a link for that?

Oops, I stand corrected. There are only 6 of them -- all in NYC.

The rest of the country sends their teachers to a 'district office' or the 'regional office' or to some other such place. Not the same as the 'rubber rooms' that they have in NY.

Im no expert in this sort of thing, but my experience is that liberalism as with cockroaches -- when you see a few of them its not inconceivable that they are crawling all over the place (where you cant see them). Sorry, its sort of become a natural (gag) reflex during this regime.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »
Oops, I stand corrected. There are only 6 of them -- all in NYC.

The rest of the country sends their teachers to a 'district office' or the 'regional office' or to some other such place. Not the same as the 'rubber rooms' that they have in NY.

Im no expert in this sort of thing, but my experience is that liberalism as with cockroaches -- when you see a few of them its not inconceivable that they are crawling all over the place (where you cant see them). Sorry, its sort of become a natural (gag) reflex during this regime.

I really have not seen anything other than paid administrative leave -- meaning they are at home while the appeals process plays out.   NYC is extremely large, so the union arbitrators probably have a significant backlog of hearing their cases.   

Honestly, if a superintendent places a teacher on administrative leave, then the last thing they want to do is see them at central office.  They don't want them around at all.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »
No need to apologize Janice. Liberalism is killing this Country. That, and the incompetence in the White Mosque. From the top to the bottom.