Author Topic: Apologies to the board  (Read 5611 times)

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
Re: Apologies to the board
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 10:03:12 PM »
It didn't ....  :bawl:

:p

Nah, last time I cried was my Dad's funeral.  He'd have slapped me but he did at his.

and Drees just missed that pass.  Damn.  Unwinding and decompressing.  Figuring out where I want to spend my energy and talents.

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Habsfan

• The Conservative Canadian
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »
Nah, last time I cried was my Dad's funeral.  He'd have slapped me but he did at his.

and Drees just missed that pass.  Damn.  Unwinding and decompressing.  Figuring out where I want to spend my energy and talents.

You are one sick guy....You can't distinguinsh joking from reality, can you?

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »
You are one sick guy....You can't distinguinsh joking from reality, can you?

I read things literal, it is a disorder.  I have a hard time with fiction and metaphors.  My father had it to.  It is why I like numbers.  It is why he was an engineer.

I have a great deal of trouble realizing when someone is joking.  Particularly on the internet.

My brother is severely autistic with schizophrenia and I fall on the spectrum at the functional level.  

50 years ago they just called us odd or eccentric.  

It is kind of hell to live with sometimes.  Since it is genetic, I don't believe I want children.  I don't think it would be fair to give this to another person.

I should probably stick to what I think will happen with economics, I'm better at that because I can look at a graph and decipher and think about where things are going and try to logically see what will happen.

The other issues, I don't understand as much and I'm probably not that capable of understanding them. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:22:46 PM by Allentownjake »
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
I read things literal, it is a disorder.  I have a hard time with fiction and metaphors.  My father had it to.  It is why I like numbers.  It is why he was an engineer.

I have a great deal of trouble realizing when someone is joking.  Particularly on the internet.

My brother is severely autistic with schizophrenia and I fall on the spectrum at the functional level.  

It is kind of hell to live with sometimes.  Since it is genetic, I don't believe I want children.  I don't think it would be fair to give this to another person.

I should probably stick to what I think will happen with economics, I'm better at that because I can look at a graph and decipher and think about where things are going and try to logically see what will happen.

The other issues, I don't understand as much and I'm probably not that capable of understanding them. 

Oh, I see!

NOW YOU'RE A VICTIM!!!!!

That esplains everything!

Funny, I thought is was just the "lefty" ideology that made one lose their sense of humor!

I stand corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »
Oh, I see!

NOW YOU'RE A VICTIM!!!!!

That esplains everything!

Funny, I thought is was just the "lefty" ideology that made one lose their sense of humor!

I stand corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I have a disability with reading people that I sometimes have difficulty with.  It isn't your responsibility to adjust to me.  I'm trying to adjust to you so I can understand what you are trying to communicate.

I'm trying to figure out your personality so I can determine what you are talking about and whether or not you mean it or not, it is a figure of speech, or a cultural norm for the board.

I don't understand why you think some of the things you do and I'm trying to understand.  I also understand I've been wrong about things in the past and it is important to test my logic and gather more information.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:01 PM »
No I have a disability with reading people that I sometimes have difficulty with.  It isn't your responsibility to adjust to me.  I'm trying to adjust to you so I can understand what you are trying to communicate.

I'm trying to figure out your personality so I can determine what you are talking about and whether or not you mean it or not, it is a figure of speech, or a cultural norm for the board.

I don't understand why you think some of the things you do and I'm trying to understand.  I also understand I've been wrong about things in the past and it is important to test my logic and gather more information.

Oh for cryin' out loud!!!!!!!!!!

You don't even remember your own posts at the DUmp????????????

Jeez, I don't know why a lot of us here think you're a poser!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just can't understand it at all!!!!

Gooooooooooood Grieeeeeeeeeeeeeefffffffffff!

Buy a vowel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »
Oh for cryin' out loud!!!!!!!!!!

You don't even remember your own posts at the DUmp????????????

Jeez, I don't know why a lot of us here think you're a poser!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just can't understand it at all!!!!

Gooooooooooood Grieeeeeeeeeeeeeefffffffffff!

Buy a vowel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking.

People can be wrong on many things.  The dumbest thing in the world is being wrong and insisting you were right.  Coming on here is trying to figure out what you believe, why you believe it, and if there is some or whole truths behind it.

Frankly I think it is stupid you can't go on democratic websites and ask questions.  I accepted the DU premise for a while.  I accepted the OET premise for a while. 

I can think of things people said to me personally 2 years ago.  They made no sense than, they make sense now.  I can think something my father said to me, it made absolutely no sense to me 5 years ago when he said it.  Makes perfect sense now.  If I believe the same things in 4 years that I believe now, I have learned nothing in life and that would be a tragedy. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
I'm thinking.

People can be wrong on many things.  The dumbest thing in the world is being wrong and insisting you were right.  Coming on here is trying to figure out what you believe, why you believe it, and if there is some or whole truths behind it.

Frankly I think it is stupid you can't go on democratic websites and ask questions.  I accepted the DU premise for a while.  I accepted the OET premise for a while. 

I can think of things people said to me personally 2 years ago.  They made no sense than, they make sense now.  I can think something my father said to me, it made absolutely no sense to me 5 years ago when he said it.  Makes perfect sense now.  If I believe the same things in 4 years that I believe now, I have learned nothing in life and that would be a tragedy. 

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill

Offline Habsfan

• The Conservative Canadian
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »
I have a disability with reading people that I sometimes have difficulty with.  
What?

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 11:42:23 PM »
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill

I've never liked that saying  :hammer:

:hammer:

Anyway, back to the thread topic.  Jake, what I remember about your posts at Democratic Underground is that you seemed to take a much more realistic view of the economy compared to many of the posters.  I've appreciated your posts in our economic forum.  I'm sure you will clash with many here on political issues, and many will give you a hard time, especially at the beginning, but welcome. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 11:57:27 PM »

My daughter has an auditory perception problem and was diagnosed with it in 5th grade.

She had trouble in school on verbal tests, not only trying to understand the question in quick order, but also it would send her into a panic which only made it worse.

She had a very difficult time with sarcasm and teasing. Not only could she not process a comment made to her as being sarcastic or teasing....but if she tried to do it back...because she didn't understand how to make her voice inflections reflect the sarcasm or teasing...it often sounded like she was being flat out mean. Made things pretty difficult for her, but also explained why she always seemed overly sensitive to what people said to her, when there was no reason to be.

We had her in therapy at a psychologist's office for almost 2 years, and there was little progress. I switched her to a speech pathologist, who worked a lot with stroke victims or people who had been brain damaged in an accident and had to learn how to talk again. It was amazing what 2 years with the SP did for her. As long as she isn't pms'ing or overly tired....she can not only take the teasing and understand sarcasm, she can dish it out. It also helps a great deal if she can see a person's face, rather than on the phone or on line.

It is a genetic thing....and usually passed on the male side....as are most learning disabilities. My son is dyslexic.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 12:25:33 AM »
I've never liked that saying  :hammer:

:hammer:

Anyway, back to the thread topic.  Jake, what I remember about your posts at Democratic Underground is that you seemed to take a much more realistic view of the economy compared to many of the posters.  I've appreciated your posts in our economic forum.  I'm sure you will clash with many here on political issues, and many will give you a hard time, especially at the beginning, but welcome. 

Oh be quiet you young thang you!  Just because you are young and have it all figured out doesn't mean we all did.  :p

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »

A lot of times people's reluctance to take members of DU at face value is because 99% of them think all their problems are someone else's fault. Got fired for a job? It's because they have a lousy boss. They're always the best at their job, the best employee, better and smarter than their boss, but (the world being against them) they got fired cuz the boss has a grudge against them. Psychological problems? Okay these can be because of a shitty childhood, ptsd, etc. BUT, they wallow in their misery. And there's always a reason they can't get better. And of course, they need to be on disability because they're incapable of working. You can accept that very, very bad things happen to everyone during their lifetime, pick yourself up and go on, or whine and bitch because you've been dealt a bad hand. How will you ever know whether something good is around the corner if all you do is feel sorry for yourself and expect everyone else to pay for for their lives and show them pity. They're always the top in their class but don't get the job. Everyone knows their talented but the people doing the hiring/promotions can't see their talent. There's always a reason for their bitterness and anger and it's never their fault. There's absolutely no introspection or self responsibility. So, while your issues seem perfectly reasonable, we're so used to seeing excuses for every behavior that it's hard to not think of it as an excuse.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 01:49:18 AM »
I'm taking a break for a few months.  I can.  I'll figure out what I want to do and do it.  I've had a difficult 3 years with a broken engagement, my mother's cancer, and my father dying of cancer.  Life isn't fair, but if you have no kids or no wife you can figure it out.  Better I do that now.

I've worked elections ironically enough first as a teenager for a republican for judge.  You can have a great candidate, the right strategy, work hard, and still the other guy might win for something stupid like his name is similar to another politician or the order the candidate is on the ballot, or because your party has a bad leader right now and people are just voting simply based on anger at that leader.

I know that.  I'm just going to figure out what to do.  Besides, we are in an economic depression.  Not in the labor force and not spending anything other than on food leaves a job for someone to feed a minor that is dependent on them.

No one else is hurt by me doing this and I'm not taking a government handout.  I think it is moral.

You surely have some issues. One of them is your job path. You hate the Corporate World. So, don't go back into
it. You have a degree in Accounting. Open up a bookkeeping service handling small business accounts and preparing tax returns. You will not make plenty of money but it sure beats your anger toward working in the business sector. Another option is working for the state as an auditor. I retired from the state as a Sales Tax and Motor Vehicle Auditor and I loved it.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 02:14:07 AM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...cry me a river asswhipe!

Your current status and career position is a DIRECT result of YOUR actions and mindset.

If your life sucks, then obviously YOU suck.

Too bad you can't blame President Bush for your suck-assed life, as though that would change anything.

You impress no-one here, just re-affirm what we already know to be true...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 02:21:49 AM »
Culture of reality denial because you don't like reality.  

I always enjoyed the Bible.  Outside the miracles in it that I have never seen, I see real people and real lessons.

I love David and Solomon.  You see some very complex personalities with very human faults.

God hides the truth from non-believers...sucky for you huh?

One guarantee though little boy, when you are on your deathbed, and you KNOW your remaining time is very short, you WILL call for a Minister, and you WILL call for last rites, and you WILL beg for forgiveness and "try" to accept God as your salvation.

Ya better hope you are not too late dirtbag - an eternity in a lake of liberal fire is an awfully long time.

P.S. The REAL Christian God, not the Islamic false god you follow, is very loving and forgiving of us all.
Most likely, your gay ass just got lucky...

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 02:27:20 AM »
Gaius Baltar.  He is an interesting character from my favorite TV show.  

His world blows up because he was stupid enough to give the defense keys to a race of robots (mostly because the one robot is hot and pretending to be human) and he spends the rest of the show doing crazy stuff.  He redeems himself at the end somewhat and becomes a basic farmer and lives with the hot robot.  The way they tell the story is better.

He always thought his father was stupid for being a farmer.  

Battlestar Gallactica, probably one of the better written shows recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Baltar

In fairness to Gaius, this was the Robot

http://www.ghostofaflea.com/archives/CapricaSixContinued.jpg
Gaius was the consummate democrat voting liberal.

Sold out the human race for a piece of ass. His own personal freebies and screw humanity...You must love him...

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »

Well ALLRIGHTY then, you obviously need a gummint taxpayer fed program to make it all better now!

(****ing figures...)

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 02:35:16 AM »
Well if this don't prove liberalism is a mental disorder!!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2010, 06:11:17 AM »

[/quote]
Its a little difficult right now.  You spend half your time making sure you do your own job, and the other half covering your ass for things others will blame you for.

Personally, I'm taking some time to do some manual labor and get my head right again.  Doing some personal cleaning up as well.  Getting rid of the cigarettes, I've been starting to drink a little too much, get myself back in physical shape.

After that I'll figure out what I want to do with my life, past surviving.  I'm lucky.  I have no children right now.  I can take a few months to get myself back in mental order.

I had some goals, I'm kind of disillusioned right now.  Till I get my head right and know what I want, I'm not going to find anything that satisfies me.

I also have more reasonable expectations of what I am and what I can do.

Reality can be rough. 

My father started his adult life in the coal mines at 16 with an 8th grade education.  I learned my my most critical lessons from his example. 

I've never expected anyone to give me anything.  I always knew that whatever I had I would have to work, work hard, to get it.  If that work gave me personal satisfaction that's a bonus, but I never expected work to bring me happiness.  I worked to live, to help take care of what gave me happiness; my family.

I have no idea what you're apologizing to the board for since I apparently missed it.  Just reading your OP sounds like some introspection on the vagaries of the reality of life might benefit you.  Learn to depend on yourself.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 08:59:26 AM »
Sorry.  Not buying it.

Given your previous doccumented comments about Republicans...Tea party folks...President Bush...VP Cheney and this board...your hat in hand aw shucks crap is just that.

Your defense of the shoddy job the Democrats have done over the last four years of running this country into the ground by blaming corporations and crporate structure dosen't help.

You're attempt at revisionist history and hinting that the country is partially founded on Socialist beliefs seals the deal on your insincerity for me.

There is a reason you're here...not sure what it is...but my gut tells me there is a reason and it's not to interact with Conservatives or to try and understand where the other side of the political spectrum comes from.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
Sorry.  Not buying it.

Given your previous doccumented comments about Republicans...Tea party folks...President Bush...VP Cheney and this board...your hat in hand aw shucks crap is just that.

Your defense of the shoddy job the Democrats have done over the last four years of running this country into the ground by blaming corporations and crporate structure dosen't help.

You're attempt at revisionist history and hinting that the country is partially founded on Socialist beliefs seals the deal on your insincerity for me.

There is a reason you're here...not sure what it is...but my gut tells me there is a reason and it's not to interact with Conservatives or to try and understand where the other side of the political spectrum comes from.

Jake, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but TRG is right here.  I've seen enough of your screeds in the past to make me say, "A good try."  Not usre if you have indeed tried the Capt. Joseph Smith routine (think RMS Titanic) and turn it around, but until I see otherwise, I'd tend towards what AR and TRG are saying.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »
Jake, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but TRG is right here.  I've seen enough of your screeds in the past to make me say, "A good try."  Not usre if you have indeed tried the Capt. Joseph Smith routine (think RMS Titanic) and turn it around, but until I see otherwise, I'd tend towards what AR and TRG are saying.

**** 'em. This DUmpmonkie will simply lie until he can not control himself and then go back to being a full blown DUmmie.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »
Jake, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but TRG is right here.  I've seen enough of your screeds in the past to make me say, "A good try."  Not usre if you have indeed tried the Capt. Joseph Smith routine (think RMS Titanic) and turn it around, but until I see otherwise, I'd tend towards what AR and TRG are saying.

I ain't givin' any benefit of any doubt to "the jerk"! Why is it I picture Steve Martin tryin' to get rhythm in the movie when I post to this guy?

His screeds from the DUmp are well known around here.

He's done nothin' but blame George W and the Repubs for our current woes when the facts state the complete opposite!