Author Topic: convenience store primitive can't take it any more  (Read 1886 times)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: convenience store primitive can't take it any more
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »
I know Pilot has showers, maybe Love's as well.  Yes, there is a fee to use them... someone has to clean up the place.

Anyone who has ever been to a real truck stop knows ya have to pay for showers. Why does this bitch think it's free? If a DUmmie wanted to take a shower in my house, it would cost way more than $2!!!

How's that Kollage edu workin' out for ya DUmbass? Convenience store? Gimme a break! The only time I worked in one was to help out my friends and I didn't even graduate high school. Ya gotta know yer degree was a black hole when ya graduate and the only job ya can find is in a 7/11 look alike. Geez!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:25:54 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »
Uh, franksolich has a question.

She's leaving for Tucson on October 5.

Her last day at the convenience store is September 14.

She needs money.

Why is she quitting three weeks before taking off? 

Not sure why she is quitting on the 15th but, I'm betting whoever promised to buy her ticket can't produce the money until after the 1st of Oct.  I'm also betting it will fall through.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »
Not sure why she is quitting on the 15th but, I'm betting whoever promised to buy her ticket can't produce the money until after the 1st of Oct.  I'm also betting it will fall through.

SS or welfare payment? Wouldn't surprise me in the least!

I'm still trying to figure out how she expects to eat, shower, and sleep for a month on the $70 she has in her pocket.

Well, if it's a truck stop, I gotta few ideas.

Some o' those guys would take a baggy of mayonaise to bed and pay ya for the privilege.

My 'ol man was a trucker for over 35 years. Ah, the stories I could tell!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:51:07 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how she expects to eat, shower, and sleep for a month on the $70 she has in her pocket.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 09:59:40 PM »
Yeah, it's not cheap living in the bosom of her loving family.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »
She's a primitive. This would have zero effect on her finances as they don't take showers. Hence, no expense.

Whore's bath is a buck. Only 50 cents if she uses the water from the Maytag while her one set of Kakis  :rofl: are washing.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »
Or, conversely, why isn't she leaving for Tucson on September 15? Why October 5?

I wonder if Dream Boy Dave knows her plan.

She might be waiting for her last paycheck after she quits due to not having a forwarding address.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:57 PM »
She might be waiting for her last paycheck after she quits due to not having a forwarding address.
She would have to show up at the convenient store to pick it up.

Those are always fun occasions.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:55 PM »
She would have to show up at the convenient store to pick it up.

Those are always fun occasions.

:-)

She should of set up direct deposit with her new debit card and worked a few more weeks.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
Direct deposit usually takes two pay periods before taking effect.  This whole "plan" of hers has me scratching my head and sitting on the edge of my seat for the next pointless installment.

Ever since Doug Bulna got fired, this has been the only decent entertainment the DU has produced.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 06:09:04 AM »
Addled Grandma Judy chimes in:

grasswire (37,735 posts)    Fri Sep 6, 2013, 08:58 PM

12. How about a women's shelter??

You basically are still recovering from that abusive BF. You fled that situation. You tried to find refuge with family, but that didn't work so you are still fleeing the abusive situation. If you get in with a women's shelter, you can get many different benefits. You can get a letter from them that will help you with housing, and other things. Clothing, too. You will be protected.

I doubt Dave was "abusive."  The convenience store primitive appears to have been the bully in this instance, wanting to maintain a "relationship" and sponge off of him when he didn't want her to.

The bonkers pie-and-jam primitive, in her senility, still adheres to the primitive party-line, that it's always the guy's fault.....

Lady Freedom Returns (5,911 posts)    Fri Sep 6, 2013, 09:10 PM

13. Checked with them from the bus when I was comming down to Joplin.

1. Love the new Wi-Fi on many of the buses.

But due to it being a case in Arizona, that there is not much that can be done.

And the family thing, well no physical problems so not much again.

However I contacted something while I was off line for a time there. I might an answer for myself!

As with much of my life lately, SATY TUNED! I really hate having such am "exiting life".

The convenience store primitive has an odd sense of geography.

From Tucson, one goes "up over to" Joplin, not "down" to.  Joplin is north and east of Tucson, so it's "up" and "over."  "Down" infers a southern direction.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 06:28:58 AM »
Found this in the bereavement section.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1235198

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 08:35 PM

Lady Freedom Returns (5,911 posts)

I just got kicked out of a ten year relationship.
Me and my SO have been threw hell together. We have always been a team to recon with.

Then we got to Tucson AZ. It was the place for us. But things changed...

The treatments the Doc was doing, he warned us about mood changes. But we had a devil in the mix that we did not know of, a guy we met in Tucson.

This guy glued himself to my SO. He was always around. We just got our place, we needed time together, but this guy was always coming over, always in the way.

My SO said that I should listen to tis guy's advice and I went with what my SO wanted. I should have listened to my gut about this guy.

When my SO started to get grumpy, this guy would try to tell me I needed to leave my SO. "He is a trained Marine! What if it gets bad?"

I ignored him. In knew my man better than that, so this guy worked over my SO. My SO was on meds. He was not really thinking right and this guy used it. The night before I was tossed, I heard them talking, that guy came over so he could talk with my SO with me out of the way. I was supposed to be asleep. I usually was at that time of night. I heard him point out all kinds of bad about me, telling my guy I was a nut and he would be better off without me.

I was fighting with DES about my address due to some paperwork thing on their end, I was trying to fix it. I wanted to talk to my SO about it but that guy was always there. He hit me for housekeeping and cooking. I never was the Homemaker in the relationship. I was the breadwinner of the two, and my SO was a way better cook.

But this guy used it as the points to how I was holding my SO back. All our plans were uprooted by this guy.

This guy came in and wrecked my relationship. I was warned by his ex that he would do that. he saw him do it before. She never knew why she married him. She said he just did not like women and like to see them hurt. She told me exactly what he would do. I thought it was just sour grapes due t them just divorcing.

Why did this guy do it, I don't know. I ended up being tossed on a bus backed to Joplin. I have lost the man I have loved for 10 years and the town I feel in love with. All because of this stranger that came in for the last year. I hurt so bad and nothing to do about it

And the 64 thousand question is answered.

Response to idwiyo (Reply #1)

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 09:32 PM

Lady Freedom Returns (5,911 posts)
2. Thanks.

Not much to do. I am back in Missouri with family that I have VERY iffy relations with. All I can do is pay them the $310 (going plus if not careful) so I can get out of here. I need to get back to Tucson. I love that town, it fits me in a way.

That's all? I was thinking that it was a lot of money.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 06:47:16 AM »
Found this in the bereavement section.

So again, my comment about that.

She had ten years to drag him to the altar, to make the "relationship" formal and official.

If she'd done that, she would've had him by the balls.

She's apparently one of those lame-brains who says "Oh, but Love doesn't need a piece of paper....."

Which is sort of true, but if the Love can be certified by a piece of paper, well, one better get that piece of paper.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 06:55:34 AM »
For someone with a degree in communications she really can't write worth a damn.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 07:53:53 AM »
Whoa--thirteen bucks for a shower?

What do they think, that truck drivers are made of money?

That's exorbitant.

No kiddin.  With all the camping Scoobs and I have done over this summer (and almost over, sniff) we've run into exactly ONE place that charges for showers, and that a paltry quarter for seven minutes.

You'd think Pilot showers are in gilded stalls or something.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:24 AM »
So again, my comment about that.

She had ten years to drag him to the altar, to make the "relationship" formal and official.

If she'd done that, she would've had him by the balls.

She's apparently one of those lame-brains who says "Oh, but Love doesn't need a piece of paper....."

Which is sort of true, but if the Love can be certified by a piece of paper, well, one better get that piece of paper.

You are over thinking it coach. They are both mooches and to marry likely would affect the others bennies. I think the lack of marriage was a calculated move in their part; lots of that is our own federal and state government that encourages that kind of reckless planning. By incentivizing these types of arrangements. We've come a Long way baby. *eye roll to that feminist slogan*.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
No kiddin.  With all the camping Scoobs and I have done over this summer (and almost over, sniff) we've run into exactly ONE place that charges for showers, and that a paltry quarter for seven minutes.

You'd think Pilot showers are in gilded stalls or something.

Where I keep the books, the place is only eight years old; practically brand-new.

There's one shower in one bathroom, all sleek and modern and stainless-steeled, for which three bucks is charged, free if one has bought diesel fuel.  Fresh towels and soap are provided.  It's cleaned after every use.

The truck stop had to have restrooms anyway--an inevitable expense--and so the addition of this third one with a shower cost only marginally more to construct.  The owners had contemplated not bothering with charges at all, but then considering the freeloaders and how they mess up things, decided three bucks was a reasonably-high "nuisance" charge.  The shower's not intended to make money, just pay for itself.

Now, of course one has to remember the location--way out in the middle of nowhere, hardly any people around other than those zooming down the highway.  And so on average, the shower gets used maybe four times each 24-hour day, maybe a couple of dozen times a week.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »
Whoa--thirteen bucks for a shower?

What do they think, that truck drivers are made of money?

That's exorbitant.
But free with a receipt for purchase of diesel fuel.

Pilot is trying to do whatever they can to discourage whores and vagrants from making the truck stop their home.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »

Pilot is trying to do whatever they can to discourage whores and vagrants from making the truck stop their home.

Exactly. It could turn into a full time 24/7 around the clock job to try and keep the showers clean and the non desirables out of there if it was to get out of control.

Public restrooms without showers are bad enough. Our local Wal-Mart had a lady that fully groomed herself in their restroom and left them one heck of a mess. They had to shut down the rest room while it was cleaned. I'm told it was beyond gross.