Author Topic: "An American Carol."  (Read 1269 times)

Offline bkg

"An American Carol."
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »
Kind of a cheesy movie, but kind of funny.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: "An American Carol."
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 08:35:46 AM »
My kids LOVED it, I giggled a lot.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 08:38:34 AM »
I haven't seen it yet.  'District 9' comes out on DVD Tuesday.... I'm not big on renting movies because my DVD player is a piece of crap, but I'll be renting it.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
I saw it when it first came out in theaters.  Kevin Farley is no Chris Farley, even though they are brothers, but he makes a good Michael Moore. 

All the terrorist having the name "Mohammad Hussain" was funny as well.

I liked it, though I went in thinking it was going to be more "Airplanesque" than it was, since the Zucker brothers were behind it, but it was a pretty good movie.

I don't know how the critics rated it, but back when I watched the "Today" show, if Gene Shalit panned a movie, I was the first in line to get tickets for it, while he raved about movies I have never heard of, usually some artsy-fartsy subtitled POS that would get great play at Cannes....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 05:28:12 PM »
I haven't seen it yet.  'District 9' comes out on DVD Tuesday.... I'm not big on renting movies because my DVD player is a piece of crap, but I'll be renting it.

Be prepared for lots of jerky camera movement.  Most of it was filmed like it was a documentary or news footage.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »
I watched The Taken last night with Liam Neelson...it was quite good!

Offline bkg

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 09:31:56 PM »
I watched The Taken last night with Liam Neelson...it was quite good!

Watched that last week. Very good.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 10:09:21 AM »
Watched that last week. Very good.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago.  Very good indeed.  Wow. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent