Author Topic: The link between white supremacy and the anti-abortion movement.  (Read 507 times)

Offline thundley4

KansDem (22,544 posts)

The link between white supremacy and the anti-abortion movement.

I posted a thread this morning in Late Breaking News about ongoing campaigns by government officials to silence investigators and critics of right-wing terrorism. The thread linked to a program on Democracy Now! with Amy Goodman. She interviewed a former DHS analyst who made a thought-provoking observation (for me, anyway) about the connection between white supremacy and the anti-abortion movement

Link to interview and transcript:
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/8/9/former_dhs_analyst_daryl_johnson_on#transcript

This is the comment that caught my eye:

AMY GOODMAN: It is interesting also that President Obama spoke yesterday in Denver with Sandra Fluke who introduced him, the Georgetown University law student who was speaking out for contraception and was targeted by Rush Limbaugh and others, and was talking about women’s health and women’s rights in this country. The neo-Nazi movement, along with the anti-choice movement, do you see links? I’m talking about the extremist wing.

DARYL JOHNSON: There’s definitely links between white supremacists and the anti-abortion issue. That is one of the causes that they rally around and use as a recruitment tool to bring people into the movement. I wouldn’t necessarily say it is strictly neo-Nazi. It could be, also, the Christian Identity Movement, it could be skinheads, it could the Ku Klux Klan.

I wish they would have gone into more detail about the "whys" of this connection. Any thoughts?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021100896

I think the guy is off his rocker.

ananda (10,015 posts)
1. I definitely associate white supremacists with eugenics.

So being anti-abortion seems counter-intuitive to me.

But white supremacy is itself a sign of insanity.

It is counter intuitive because it is wrong.  It is your side that wants to kill black babies.

murielm99 (12,353 posts)
6. This shows their stupidity because

economically struggling and black women are having more abortions. The reputable agencies that report statistics on abortion all show this.

If these idiots do not want abortions, they should work to keep the economy strong. More women carry through on their pregnancies when they are not struggling financially.

That is why the left keeps blacks on their inner city plantations.

TheDebbieDee (7,855 posts)
16. white supremacists don't care if black and brown women have abortions........

They want to stop only white women from using birth control or having abortions but they can't word the laws to say that - it would give the game away.

These organizations are willing to look the other way when it comes to the numbers of black and brown women using birth control and having abortions and the providers of birth control and abortions to black and brown women.

flossie bobbsey (14 posts)
24. But you have no issue with organizations who make it very easy

for Black women to get abortions, which they do at a high rate (I believe it's the highest as a racial/ethnic group)? I heard that Margaret Sanger was a eugenics supporter...

:rant: Alert!!!! Alert !!!!

GoneOffShore (9,422 posts)
28. Yes Sanger supported eugenics. So did a lot of other people.

That was then. This is now.

Ultimately, the struggle for reproductive rights is about who gets control of women's bodies: The women in question or an outside authority - Their husbands, their church, their government.

So thanks for the information and your concern about Sanger - which most folks know anyway.

It's worth sacrificing a few white babies to kill lots of black children, right?  We'll just call it women's reproductive rights.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: The link between white supremacy and the anti-abortion movement.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »
I would think that white supremacists would be very supportive of abortion since the most abortions in this country are in the black community.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
Yeah, white supremacists don't want black babies murdered.  Because that wouldn't be in keeping in line with their goals, or anything. 

Planned Parenthood and liberals are accomplishing what the KKK never in it's wildest dreams imagined.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »
I know I'm just a guy, but......

Once a woman gets pregnant, shouldn't it be about the baby, and not just solely about the woman? Shouldn't selfishness be put at bay for a few months?

Planned Parenthood has always been about eugenics. Even now.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
I know I'm just a guy, but......

Once a woman gets pregnant, shouldn't it be about the baby, and not just solely about the woman? Shouldn't selfishness be put at bay for a few months?

Planned Parenthood has always been about eugenics. Even now.

Why do you hate women? It isn't a baby until after birth has taken place, it is just a clump of cells.  :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:38:24 PM »
flossie bobbsey got tombstoned so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

2ndwise, I would invoke godwins law, If you have to bring up Hitler or the nazis then you have lost the arguement.

3rdly, Just who brings up eugenics in recent memory, if you answered the gaia crowd you win a stuffed teddybear.

The thing about the folkes that think that a large chunk humans must be removed talk about other folkes, never themselves.

They got theirs so they are grandfathered in, it's like "Whew, I didn't get aborted so Im good but damn it, I'll support your right to abort fo evah!!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »
 Planned Parenthood and liberals are accomplishing what the KKK never in it's wildest dreams imagined.

^5, That's some hard core truth right there.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »
DUchebags that think they are smart are the very easiest to fool.

PP is all about white supremacy by killing the lower and presumed inferior classes. If I had known people like the DUmpmonkeys existed when younger, I just might have seen a need to keep certain types of people from procreating.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline movie buff

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 05:04:15 AM »
Everyone is basically bringing up why this conclusion by the DUmmy is so ridiculous: White supremacists generally support abortion, since so many abortions are doen by minorities (btw, not to invoke Godwin's Law, but Hitler was pretty much the same way: He viewed abortion as an invaluable way of keeping the non- Aryan populations low in areas he conquered).
Another important point is how many minorities are involved in pro- life groups. At the San Francisco Walk for Life a couple years ago, a large percentage of the pro- lifers participating (It may have even been the majority of them) were young Latina women; In contrast, the pro- abortion counterdemonstrators (Aka the vulgar, repulsive liberals who were there to shout obscene insults at the pro- lifers, throw condoms at them, and generally do all they can to silence anyone who disagrees with them) were pretty much entirely lily- white.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 05:05:59 AM »
KansDem (22,544 posts)

The link between white supremacy and the anti-abortion movement and the left...
their support for abortion, which kills a far higher percentage of black and brown babies.  

The left is all about keeping some people on the Democratic Plantation, where the unborn are slaughtered by "doctors," the majority of children have no fathers, the education of the young is destroyed (and vouchers to get kids into decent schools are forbidden); and where the teens and young adults have their lives and health destroyed through drug use, gang membership, STDs and multiple pregnancies with multiple different partners.  White supremacy runs rampant on the left and through almost all their "welfare" support.  Fpr the vast majority, compassion has nothing to do with their support for a system that punishes the successful to buy Democratic votes.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.