Author Topic: How To Cope With Trump-Era Depression  (Read 700 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
How To Cope With Trump-Era Depression
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:56:52 PM »
Star Member SunSeeker (37,778 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212980224

The psychological impact of Trump’s presidency is real and lasting. Many of his actions are unprecedented in modern presidential history. And Trump’s gaslighting is enough to cause anyone to feel like we’re losing control of our democracy. Psychologists have referred to the feelings that result from this presidency as “Trump Anxiety Disorder.” It can lead to increased blood pressure, depression, and chronic health problems. For that reason, it’s important to keep perspective and take care. If you’re tired of feeling sick over Trump’s actions, these friendly reminders may lift your spirits, empower you, give you hope, and effect change.

Trump doesn’t represent the American people. Trump got 62,984,828 votes. About 174 million Americans either voted against him or didn’t vote for him, which is about 73% of the eligible-to-vote American population. Trump’s term ends in a few months. We have an opportunity to replace him with someone who leads with compassion, believes in science, sets an example, and tells the truth. In some countries, dictators stay in power for decades.

Empower yourself. There’s so much we can do to offset the damage of Trump’s presidency. Volunteer for a campaign or a nonprofit, find a job that allows you to advance your interests full-time, register people to vote, or donate to a charity. Every act of kindness makes a difference. It’s also an impactful exercise to call your senators in Congress at (202) 224-3121 to express your thoughts.

Manage your social media exposure. Avoid arguing with people who are unlikely to change their minds. It’s emotionally draining, and it isn’t worth it. There are much better ways to spend your days. Think critically about how you’re using your time on social media.

[More suggestions at link]

https://kirschnerskorner.com/2020/02/02/trump-anxiety-disorder/

:mental:   

OliverQ (2,858 posts)

2. Can confirm my depression is almost off the charts right now.

Things just feel so hopeless. I'm actively looking at how I can move to another country, but I have limited options.

Star Member Freedomofspeech (2,505 posts)

3. TAD...

I have been suffering from it for over 3 years now. It is exhausting.

Star Member smirkymonkey (48,123 posts)

6. I hear you. My therapist said her office has seen Trump related depression and anxiety cases that

are off the charts. It's a real thing. They are overwhelmed by it. Of course, this is in Boston, so it makes sense that we would have more of a problem with this here, but still, people are really suffering because of this. People feel hopeless, depressed, angry and powerless to do anything about what is going on.

This is a mental health crisis in itself. And this bastard wants to cut benefits for the crisis that HE is causing! God, I hate that mother****er with a passion!

Star Member FirstLight (10,833 posts)

5. Honestly, I'm waiting for the historians to see that our alcohol & drug use went UP for most America

and see it wasn't a drug thing, but a way of coping with the reality of our President being a ...a....

I can't even put it into one word!

:cheers1:

15. What is Lexipro? Or do you mean Lexapro?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: How To Cope With Trump-Era Depression
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:24:25 PM »
They never mention that one of the best ways for liberals to achieve the empowerment they desire is to reduce their carbon footprint by offing themselves.

Snowflakes gonna snowflake.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 12:04:49 AM »
Trump doesn’t represent the American people. Trump got 62,984,828 votes. About 174 million Americans either voted against him or didn’t vote for him, which is about 73% of the eligible-to-vote American population.

Which means about 171 million people either voted against Hillary or didn't vote for her so using this "logic" she's not all that popular either.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 01:38:50 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212980224

A .38 Special tranquilizer pill?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 02:55:02 PM »
A .38 Special tranquilizer pill?

Meh, that's just over the counter stuff.  Try the .45 prescription grade tranquilizer. :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 03:48:06 PM »
It warms my heart to know there are so many suffering sore losers out there. :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser: :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 04:55:40 PM »
Which means about 171 million people either voted against Hillary or didn't vote for her so using this "logic" she's not all that popular either.

Logic?  LOGIC?   :yahoo:

And what about the 8 years of MAObama-Depression?   What about that REAL Depression with 17 % unemployment and much higher for minorities, depressed workforce participation, and stagnation or minuscule growth, along with sending our factories to China and much money to the Arabs and others for oil...because the U.S. oil industry was deliberately depressed?
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."