Author Topic: Abdulmutallab and the Obama Mindset  (Read 1786 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Abdulmutallab and the Obama Mindset
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:41:07 PM »
When Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was placed on the British government's watch list in May 2009 and banned from entering the country, the U.S. embassy in London (and by extension the U.S. State Department), as well as U.S. intelligence agencies, were notified of this move as part of information-sharing agreements entered into by a number of Western governments after the September 11, 2001 attacks, says a U.S. State Department employee on the condition of anonymity because of concern that by speaking about the situation, their job could be endangered.

"We have agreements with a number of different countries that work with us cooperatively on intelligence matters," says the State Department employee. "A number of the treaties work through our justice departments or foreign offices or intelligence and interior or homeland security agencies. Several departments here in Washington got the information from London and it didn't trigger anything within our own system.

This employee says that despite statements from the Obama Administration, such information was flagged and given higher priority during the Bush Administration, but that since the changeover "we are encouraged to not create the appearance that we are profiling or targeting Muslims. I think career employees were uncomfortable with the Bush procedures and policies and were relieved to not have to live under them any longer."  ...
http://spectator.org/archives/2009/12/29/abdulmutallab-and-the-obama-mi

God forbid that civil servants should feel uncomfortable.  :censored:

Offline thundley4

Re: Abdulmutallab and the Obama Mindset
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
And earlier, Lord Zero spoke of the systemic failure of the security system in place.  It doesn't sound like a systemic failure, it worked the way Lord Zero wanted it to.  Ignore his Muslim brethren that might cause us harm.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »
And earlier, Lord Zero spoke of the systemic failure of the security system in place.  It doesn't sound like a systemic failure, it worked the way Lord Zero wanted it to.  Ignore his Muslim brethren that might cause us harm.

Allow me to put on my DUmmy hat, and take this a bit further. I believe there is a LIHOP element here.. yes he is outraged at this systemic failure... and who can he blame for that? Why, the Department of State, headed by his most likely Dem challenger in 2012, the Hildabeast. Don't be surprised if he tries to hang this around her neck. Maybe rightly so, but I bet one of his many czars was told what Hillary should have been told.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
If he doesn't see now, he never will. Napalitano needs to go, she's nothing but a political hack with no qualifications what-so-ever.