Author Topic: First glimmer of The Great Unraveling flickers through the fog of their minds  (Read 3367 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Any bets she backs up the bus and runs his ass over again with Benghazi?

I don't think she'll do that.  It leaves her open to too many questions/attacks by Republicans and other, more-to-the-Left Democrats (think Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
**** you, DUmbasses.  Veterans are suffering and dying, for lack of healthcare.  There are plenty of us out here who will not let this be "neutralized for the midterms."  Die in a fire, assholes.

Makes one wonder what Nixon's die hards would have said to each other political boards existed back then, doesn't it?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
I don't think she'll do that.  It leaves her open to too many questions/attacks by Republicans and other, more-to-the-Left Democrats (think Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren).

Not if she can pin all of it on him.  The further we go into obinga's 2nd term, the more radioactive he's becoming.  Hillary is going to have to get some major distance from him, and Benghazi may be the big cloud she can make in the water to hide anything else that may come up.

Just a thought.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator

Obie is playing 3D Chess.  Benghazi? Gone.  VA? Gone.  Fast and Furious? Gone. And the GOP driven to distraction like a dog in a meat market, they got so many bones they don't know which to chew on next.  Next, paint the party as full of insane conspiracy nuts who only want to taint the first black president's legacy.   Low information voters are easy to convince.

Except the fact that with Benghazi, people died. With the VA, people died. With Fast and Furious, people died. With this asshole deserter, people died. People have died in ALL of what the DUmbasses call "Fake Scandals", yet who do they rally behind? The incompetent dipshit in the White House, the Americans that died be damned. It's either incompetence, or it's malicious intent. Those are the only two options. Both impeachable as hell.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator

Up to SPC, you can be promoted automatically.  SGT (E-5) and above has schooling requirements (NCOES) prior to promotion.  Up to E-4?  Fine..... whatever. After that, it's bullshit.

Only other way is a battlefield promotion based on need. There was absolutely no need to promote this deserter. This was politically correct bullshit. His ass should have been courts-martialed in absentia and demoted to Private E-1 slick sleeve.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Except the fact that with Benghazi, people died. With the VA, people died. With Fast and Furious, people died. With this asshole deserter, people died. People have died in ALL of what the DUmbasses call "Fake Scandals", yet who do they rally behind? The incompetent dipshit in the White House, the Americans that died be damned. It's either incompetence, or it's malicious intent. Those are the only two options. Both impeachable as hell.

With the 5 that were released you can bet your ass more will die by their hands too.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
With the 5 that were released you can bet your ass more will die by their hands too.

Not to worry, the WH will classify everything and the press will cover it up. 

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
http://online.wsj.com/articles/chuck-hagel-unaware-of-soldiers-killed-in-search-for-bowe-bergdahl-1401886798

"I don't know of circumstances or details of U.S. soldiers dying as a result of efforts to find and rescue Sgt. Bergdahl," said Mr. Hagel.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline thundley4

Offline DLR Pyro

joanbarnes (752 posts)

4. GW Bush also deserted....

Submariner (7,739 posts)

21. Bush got away with being a deserter

of course his father was the Director of the CIA at the time, so that probably kept Dubya out of the brig.

I was waiting for the DUmmies to beat this dead horse again.  I'm still waiting for the proof to back up their claims that Bush deserted.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DLR Pyro

That's the standard reply of this administration.  Nobody knows a damn thing that is going on, and anything bad that is going on is Bush's fault.
added  to your comments....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Dori

I was waiting for the DUmmies to beat this dead horse again.  I'm still waiting for the proof to back up their claims that Bush deserted.

Dan Rather has the proof.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Up to SPC, you can be promoted automatically.  SGT (E-5) and above has schooling requirements (NCOES) prior to promotion.  Up to E-4?  Fine..... whatever. After that, it's bullshit.

I believe the school requirements are waived if they're classified as PWs.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
I believe the school requirements are waived if they're classified as PWs.

But he was never classified as a POW.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

But he was never classified as a POW.

I don't know what he really was called in the personnel system, but it couldn't have been just AWOL or he would have been DFR'd after 30 days and classed as a deserter, which means he never would've been promoted.  Of course the highest Army leadership levels are as political as any Congressman, and they can change the rules for any enlisted promotion as they see fit, though the Secretary of the Army would have to be involved for the three most senior grades.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

Little do these DUmbshits realize, if the Regime's propaganda agencies ever report this treasonous bastard "dead by self-inflicted means", it'll be because the lad detonated his explosives belt in a elementary girls' school yard or something.