Author Topic: Some people should be stabbed in the face with your fist  (Read 879 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Some people should be stabbed in the face with your fist
« on: June 02, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »
DonViejo (9,295 posts)

We Lost Soldiers in the Hunt for Bergdahl, a Guy Who Walked Off in the Dead of Night

<snip>

ieoeja (8,336 posts)

26. Which six?

Two were killed at base (not while searching), "(b)ut, in his opinion, the attack would not have happened..."

Not much of a basis for that opinion. Did the militants even know there was a search on for a missing soldier, or what that search entailed? This was very much an opinion pulled out of ones ass.

The rest were killed in the area where Bergdahl went missing. I notice the author omits stating outright that they were killed while searching for Bergdahl. Just that they were killed nearby. If they were killed during the actual search, I would expect the author to include that.

Particulary since, according to standard soldier logic, anybody killed in the region after Bergdahl went missing may have not been killed had Bergdahl been present to help them. Ergo, anybody killed in the region for a time thereafter was killed because of Bergdahl.

Rather silly logic. But SOP for the troops.

Lee-Lee (944 posts)

42. Tell me just what did you mean by

Rather silly logic. But SOP for the troops.

And what is your experience for that statement and judgement.

ieoeja (8,336 posts)

61. Lots of time around lots of veterans and cops.

I don't think I've ever had a friend who wasn't in the military in fact. And this is exactly the way every one of them thinks.

And it *is* rather specious logic.

It'd be worth my stripes to bust this ****er in the mouth.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025037496
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Some people should be stabbed in the face with your fist
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:49:50 PM »

And what is your experience for that statement and judgement.

It'd be worth my stripes to bust this ****er in the mouth.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025037496

As a civilian, I volunteer...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
ieoeja (8,336 posts)

61. Lots of time around lots of veterans and cops.

I don't think I've ever had a friend who wasn't in the military in fact. And this is exactly the way every one of them thinks.

And it *is* rather specious logic.

It's shit like this that really makes me long for the left's class war. None of these ****ers would survive.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »
It's shit like this that really makes me long for the left's class war. None of these ****ers would survive.

I'm sure there'd be some kind of downside to it, though, despite a gigantic positive like that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:09:35 PM »
Fred Sanders (999 posts)
2. One person's opinion. And the dramatic "now the story can be told" is a lie, it has bee told, with

several versions, for years.

The RW is busy setting up another propaganda attempt to turn this good news story into bad new, because all Obama does must be seen as a failure or the whole Republican world collapses.

This guy selling a book, like the infamous untold account of the Bengazhi contractor?

sufrommich (15,308 posts)
6. It makes no sense to me that an American soldier

would desert in a place like Afghanistan,that would seem to be certain death or capture.I have a hard time believing this story.

Of course you have a hard time believing this story. it doesn't fit Barry's view of the world therefore: lies.

The ****er left his rifle, helmet and body armor on the base and walked off. Explain it in a way that makes sense.

The Velveteen Ocelot (37,234 posts)
7. He's innocent until proved guilty, even in a court-martial.

Maybe he did desert; maybe he didn't. It seems strange (no, downright insane) for a soldier to wander away from some godforsaken outpost in freaking Afghanistan completely unarmed. Maybe he had a mental breakdown of some kind. Now that they've got him back maybe they can find out what really happened. In any event, it would have been wrong to decide to leave him a captive of the Taliban forever just because some other soldiers believe he deserted.

That's what the 15-6 should be for, but I place money the Admin and the DOD never let it get to that point.

BUT- **** it,. It's really alla bout Nadin.

nadinbrzezinski (134,141 posts)
9. Strange, I recall reading the story

Years ago, and I am nowhere close to the 501st. I guess the order failed

I suggest we all wait

riderinthestorm (15,460 posts)
12. I haven't read a single account by anyone who actually saw what happened to Bergdahl that night

Including this one.

Nobody saw him leave. Nobody heard him leave.

Nobody.

Yet the immediate charge is that he deserted.

Many soldiers realized very quickly that these wars were bogus. Including Tillman. Most of those guys were hated by their fellow soldiers, like Tillman. Turns out Tillman was fragged. So why not make up a story that Bergdahl deserted.

Innocent until proven guilty IMO

is this ****er suggesting Tillman was killed because he was against the war?

25. Sorry. I'm relying on old information perhaps?

http://atheism.about.com/b/2007/07/29/why-did-pat-tillman-really-die-friendly-fire-or-murder.htm

I haven't read everything about Tillman, and not Krakauer's book, so if there's other proof about his death that has surfaced I'm happy to be corrected.

Not even the leftists at DU will let this one stand.

38. There's many other links when I did a google search. That one just came up first

There's also links to truth-out, cbs news, veterans today and others. Knock yourself out googling "Tillman murdered?"

I've already said I'm happy to be educated. I freely confess I haven't read Krakauer's book so if that's the new gold standard of information and every other Tillman story has now been debunked I simply haven't heard about it.

Why so hostile?

Maybe because you are an idiot.

tenderfoot (241 posts)
20. Everyone of these "desertion" stories are from right wing sources

Smells like bullshit.

too obvious mole

mwrguy (1,500 posts)
30. At this point, what difference does it make?

Absolutely none.

TwilightGardener (41,814 posts)
31. I find it sickening that these accounts are suddenly springing up (and

are almost certainly being solicited by either the GOP or the media with an agenda when it was already known for years that he most likely deserted) in order to make the GOP case that Bergdahl for 5 Taliban was a "bad deal" and he isn't worth it. It really just sickens me, all politics aside. Blaming him publicly for deaths at this point, which have not necessarily been confirmed to be directly related, and when he is probably a wreck and his family hasn't even spoken to him yet, is beyond cruel. Yeah, we know, buddy, you're afraid that people will wrongly cheer his release--why not let the DoD fully debrief him and follow its procedures with him before slamming him publicly? Shame on all media outlets who are running with this.

Another non-story that the Administration and barry ****ed completely up.

Lee-Lee (944 posts)
43. They are not "suddenly popping up"

Pretty much everyone in military circles has discussed him and the common belief he deserted since it happened.

It's just that you are just paying attention for the first time.

TwilightGardener (41,814 posts)
46. Bullshit. You know nothing about me. I am married to a military retiree

who served in the Middle East while this was going on and they were searching for him. I said it was common knowledge for years that he most likely deserted--Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

angry little DUmp monkie.

xchrom (102,836 posts)
36. where was he going to walk to in the middle of afghanistan?

if you're going to dessert -- you'd want to get some place safe.

now i suppose the argument will be he turned traitor.

I am betting pretty soon the left will be shouting this is all a VRWC in order to make Batrry look bad.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »

The ****er left his rifle, helmet and body armor on the base and walked off. Explain it in a way that makes sense.

That's right. Years ago, when he first deserted, they said he'd left his weapon, helmet, and body armor behind.

And yet:

Do you suppose the muzzies dressed the bastard up in helmet of an American killed in a rescue attempt?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 05:35:21 AM »
I'm sure there'd be some kind of downside to it, though, despite a gigantic positive like that.

I can't seem to find one, DAT . . . :confused:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:35:07 AM »
I can't seem to find one, DAT . . . :confused:

If we kill all the leftists, where are we going to get our slave labor from?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 07:50:38 AM »
Did these idiots not see this?

An official Pentagon report concluded in 2010 that Bergdahl 'walked away,' so little effort was made to retrieve him, according to the AP

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:04:11 AM »

No, they really don't.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »
No, they really don't.

Since Obama gets his info from the media I bet he wishes he knew about that Pentagon report from 2010. 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »

Yet we now have one man home to America that at the same time we have a Marine just 100 miles away still a captive of "OUR FRIENDS" 

We turned into the world the worse of the worse to liberate one man that was questionable.    The Marine in MEXICAN jail, oh well, his problem not Americas.

What are we Americans to do?   We can yell. march on Washington and take the chance we will be fired on by as were the Bonus army way back then.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 08:24:45 AM »
Since Obama gets his info from the media I bet he wishes he knew about that Pentagon report from 2010.

Probably, since he just found out about it when the rest of us did.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
Yet we now have one man home to America that at the same time we have a Marine just 100 miles away still a captive of "OUR FRIENDS" 

We turned into the world the worse of the worse to liberate one man that was questionable.    The Marine in MEXICAN jail, oh well, his problem not Americas.

What are we Americans to do?   We can yell. march on Washington and take the chance we will be fired on by as were the Bonus army way back then.

^5 Vesta.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer