Author Topic: Proglodytes kinda bummed Obama's PR distraction blew-up in his face  (Read 5133 times)

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Proglodytes kinda bummed Obama's PR distraction blew-up in his face
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »
I count at least 4 people in this thread at CC that either served, or are actively serving. How many do you have in your thread, jackass?

And on TOS (which we assume is included in their blanket), there are hundreds, including its founder.  And John McCain has also been a vocal skeptic on this -- anyone at the DUmp want to put their military service up against his, including his rejection of a Get Out of POW Free card?  Hey DUmp:  Anyone?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:48 PM »
Yeh, I served under Clinton (Gosh it was gross to say that)  :bird:

You served to support the American people (thank you!).  clinton was the captain below decks at the time.

I need not remind you that clinton's crappy foreign policy put so many of you unnecessarily in harm's way.  You get extra credit for making it through...

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

Make that 5 then.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »
Bergdahl's father tweeted the exact same thing.

Yup.  Patriot Update has a screenshot of the tweet, which reads, "@ABalkhi I am still working to free all Guantanamo prisoners.  God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, ameen!"

Effed up.

Six now, Reb . . . :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 03:36:10 PM »
Make that 5 then.

I think CC is quite well represented in the military arena.

It would be interesting to see how well.

I would start a poll, but people are still a little skeptical of me (or are still POd with good reason).  Maybe you or another respected CCer could do a survey...?

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
Blanks (2,206 posts)
.... I read something a few years ago about the family of Benedict Arnold trying to 'clear his name' because (according to them) he was on a mission to infiltrate enemy forces when he 'betrayed' us.

What you read would have been unfettered bullshit, primitive.  Arnold started negotiating with the British almost two years before the events at West Point occurred.  Had he been able to catch Washington, which he almost did, he would have been set for life.  The reason for the correspondence that Major Andre was carrying correspondence that night is that they had missed their earlier opportunity and were hoping to catch Washington as he returned.  George Washington did everything he could for the man.

Washington crossed through West Point traveling to Connecticut to meet with the French.  Arnold tried to have a contingent of Royal Marines ambush Washington, but there was not enough time to arrange an ambush by the time the British got the message.  The three members of the New York militia that caught Major Andre were mostly engaged in highway robbery and realized what they had.  Arnold immediately abandoned his post and headed for New York City. 
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:12 PM »
The D-tards are determined to go to the mat for Obama's PR stunt and it's going to become a millstone around their necks.

The man behind the Facebook group “Bowe Bergdahl is NOT a Hero!” isn’t, as most would initially believe, some conservative crank mad at the Obama administration for swapping five Taliban prisoners in exchange for the American prisoner of war. According to Jake Tapper, Greg Leatherman, the creator of the group, was actually one of Bergdahl’s squad leaders before he disappeared and allegedly abandoned his post.

The page was created last Saturday, the day Bergdahl was released, and has become a gathering place for fellow soldiers to air their many grievances against Bergdahl, whom they consider a deserter both directly and indirectly responsible for the lives of dozens of soldiers. While many of his former squad members have told their stories to the press, the level of animosity on the 8,000 member-strong Facebook page is vitriolic, to say the least. Here’s a random sampling via screenshot:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/admin-of-anti-bergdahl-facebook-group-revealed-as-former-squad-leader/

My only regret in this whole matter is how much this is undermining military respect for civil authority. This is a breach of trust that will endure long past Obama's term ends. I doubt he planned it that way but I'll wager he's OK with that.

However, on the plus side the Proglodytes are racing headlong to hitch their wagons to Bergdahl.

We need to make sure they are never allowed to forget that fact.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 05:40:41 PM »
The very CinC who, as a youngster with deferments for Oxford, wrote that he "loathed the military.'

I retired before the Clinton years.
This too shall pass.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 06:14:12 PM »
The very CinC who, as a youngster with deferments for Oxford, wrote that he "loathed the military.'

I retired before the Clinton years.

You didn't miss anything.  By his second term, it was abundantly clear to those of us in the Army and our brother Marines that all he cared about was getting his end wet and his own political butt, and he would never initiate the commitment of ground troops to combat, no matter how great the provocation.  Osama, Saddam, al-Assad, and the ayatollahs in Iran read him like a book, a simple one at that.  It was f#@king embarrassing.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 08:34:54 PM »
As usual, the hypocrisy at DU is so thick you cold cut it with a knife.

Firstly, regarding Bergdahl's apparent desertion, the same crowd that is always ready to automatically convict and punish in situations like a white guy killing a black guy, or a conservative being accused of anything, is now pleading vociferously to "wait until the facts come out", "not rush to judgement", and "let due process take its course without speculating."

Secondly, their concern for troops' treatment as a POWs, the harsh psychological impact of war, etc., rings hollow in light of their years of blaming the soldiers themselves for their predicament, "blindly following orders and volunteering to participate in an illegal war" (see John McCain). Normally they would display a "that's what you get" attitude.

Lastly, their general support of any serviceman or -woman after the years of disdain and outright hatred they've displayed towards the military is sickening, doubly so since the only ones they seem to be able to get behind are fakes, liars and traitors.

They'll do anything to back up their god-king Obama, though, and try to distract from his unmitigated ****-up of a presidency.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Crome

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »
You didn't miss anything.  By his second term, it was abundantly clear to those of us in the Army and our brother Marines that all he cared about was getting his end wet and his own political butt, and he would never initiate the commitment of ground troops to combat, no matter how great the provocation.  Osama, Saddam, al-Assad, and the ayatollahs in Iran read him like a book, a simple one at that.  It was f#@king embarrassing.

There was a n event where Clinton was going to meet and greet my unit back in the day. My squad leader at the time asked me what I would do if he were to come up to me to shake my hand. I told him I would spit in his hand and then do an about face. It is safe to say that I never got the chance.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 09:56:09 PM »
I'm sure the jug-eared Kenyan sees a couple of bright sides to the dustup over this deserter/POW.

He has reinforced the muzzies by releasing five top guys, and no one has mentioned the VA or Benghazi since last week.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:37 PM »
Blanks (2,206 posts)

43. It's possible that even if he deserted, he was under orders...

We do all sorts of things for counter-intelligence and counter-counter-intelligence.

They sure as hell aren't going to tell us - if he was on a top secret mission to gather intelligence on the Taliban, they (his fellow soldiers) wouldn't know either.

The folks who traded for him would know, but we may never know. I read something a few years ago about the family of Benedict Arnold trying to 'clear his name' because (according to them) he was on a mission to infiltrate enemy forces when he 'betrayed' us.

We can't just broadcast our intelligence plans in the open - a lot of people wouldn't approve.

* I am in no way affiliated with military intelligence. Pure speculation.

Gee, sure coulda fooled me.  I would have never connected the dots on the counter-counter-intelligence angle.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 10:22:30 PM »
Yup.  Patriot Update has a screenshot of the tweet, which reads, "@ABalkhi I am still working to free all Guantanamo prisoners.  God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, ameen!"

Effed up.

Six now, Reb . . . :cheersmate:

Seven. And then some.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 10:26:58 PM »
So the primitives think Bergdahl is worth getting worked up over (no mention of the terrorist swap), but the violent deaths of four Americans in Libya are not.

I guess we all have our priorities.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »
As usual, the hypocrisy at DU is so thick you cold cut it with a knife.

Firstly, regarding Bergdahl's apparent desertion, the same crowd that is always ready to automatically convict and punish in situations like a white guy killing a black guy, or a conservative being accused of anything, is now pleading vociferously to "wait until the facts come out", "not rush to judgement", and "let due process take its course without speculating."

Secondly, their concern for troops' treatment as a POWs, the harsh psychological impact of war, etc., rings hollow in light of their years of blaming the soldiers themselves for their predicament, "blindly following orders and volunteering to participate in an illegal war" (see John McCain). Normally they would display a "that's what you get" attitude.

Lastly, their general support of any serviceman or -woman after the years of disdain and outright hatred they've displayed towards the military is sickening, doubly so since the only ones they seem to be able to get behind are fakes, liars and traitors.

They'll do anything to back up their god-king Obama, though, and try to distract from his unmitigated ****-up of a presidency.

Great post. It's definitely a telling sign. We all know damn well when the leftists start trying to sound like the voice of reason, something else is going on and they don't want it out in the light.

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 11:28:32 PM »
@JohnnyReb, the sixties *didn't* end- for them or for us. They just moved deeper underground & then a few of them surface when 0bama was elected (& after the newly empowered democrats in Congress cleared the way for them).

@Rebel (  :-D must be rebel day at the CC?) Exactly!
As a matter of fact, I *am* a "white wing bigot". I only enjoy venison. And fish. Lots and lots and lots of fish.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 08:16:50 AM »
Make it eight.

Hooah!

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Karin

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 08:25:15 AM »
Still enraged.

I think it's hilarious and pathetic that Cali is saying, "don't spread this around on DU!!!!!!"  Do any of them realize what the internet looked like yesterday afternoon? 

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 08:27:07 AM »
Make it eight.

Hooah!

Don't forget to count the military/retired military spouses that also post here.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 08:40:01 AM »
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »
There was a n event where Clinton was going to meet and greet my unit back in the day. My squad leader at the time asked me what I would do if he were to come up to me to shake my hand. I told him I would spit in his hand and then do an about face. It is safe to say that I never got the chance.

A high-five for that one!

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
This guy won't last long:

Traybee (7 posts)

46. 6 better men died

Because this traitorous scumbag joined the enemy.

TIME: The 6 U.S. Soldiers Who Died Searching for Bowe Bergdahl

<pics and names of the fallen>

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025037326

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »
:lmao:  I think that guy is a mole.

Not so much a mole as someone outright challenging them.