Author Topic: Their impotant rage grows.  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Their impotant rage grows.
« on: October 22, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9370880

mfcorey1 (511 posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:16 PM
Original message
Juan Williams is not now and never has been a liberal. So there, I said it. n/t

Yes he is.

Yeshuah Ben Joseph (420 posts)        Fri Oct-22-10 07:18 PM
Response to Original message
1. Of course not.
   There are no Liberals at FAUX Noize.

JoePhilly (1000+ posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:21 PM
3. You make a very important point.
   Juan was an ACTOR.

He is not a liberal. He was payed to PLAY ONE.

And so, when he said what he said to Billo the Clown, he was not "examining his own prejudice" ... he was not trying to "understand his own emotions" ...

He was ACTING. And his ACT was to intended to remind the insane far right, that their fear of anyone who look "Muslim" is OK.

That is what he was doing.

:mental:

NRaleighLiberal   (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-22-10 07:29 PM
5. I would not be disappointed to see NPR can Mara Liasson as well.
   Another NPR actress majoring in objectivity, but her Faux lean always seems to creep in...to my ears, anyway.

She said something I don`t like once...destroy her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bragi  (1000+ posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:29 PM
6. Doesn't matter, this may not end up well for NPR   
   Edited on Fri Oct-22-10 07:41 PM by Bragi
I have a feeling this may not play out well for NPR.

They are now back in the divisive non-lucrative culture war zone big-time, not because they are standing for some great principle, or defending tough and courageous reporting, but over sacking an on-air personality for expressing personal views on another network that were more stupid than offensive, but which apparently transgressed NPR's byzantine code of ethics that makes "analysis" okay but bans "punditry" and "commentary" (huh?), thereby catapulting the fired "analyst" into bigger and richer stardom, while also triggering donation boycotts and Congressional defunding initiatives.

****ing brilliant. Can't wait to see what they do next. Hope it involves compelling drama using the NPR standard employment contract as the screenplay.

Your time is short grasshopper.

U4ikLefty (1000+ posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:34 PM
Original message
Okay, you support bigots...we get it.
   Just watch FOX & you'll be at home with your paradigm.

Told ya.

U4ikLefty (1000+ posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:50 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. As thoughtful as your bigot-defending posts?
   Free-speech my ass...you agree with JW's shit & you'll deny it (of course).

Just take note that many of us here see right through your "efforts to defend free-speech".

I may be an confrontational asshole, but it's WAY better than being a anti-Muslim bigot.

kelly1mm (903 posts)        Fri Oct-22-10 08:34 PM
Response to Reply #10
14. The President does not believe in gay marriage. How should we
   treat him? Do you consider him a bigot? Do you consider anyone who supports him a bigot defender?

*crickets*

tularetom  (1000+ posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:34 PM
7. No but he plays one on TV
   Only in the minds of Fox's army of dumbass viewers, is Williams a "liberal".

And Fox is happy to promote this misconception because (a) it reinforces the fair 'n' balanced bullshit, (b) it plays to the stereotypes the typical Fox viewer has (all blacks are "liberals" and (c) williams is stupid, meek and docile and therefore an easy target for Fox bulllies like O'Reilly to push around, thus demonstrating that all "liberals" are weak kneed wusses who cannot hold their own when dealing with a "real man" like Billo the Clown.

I don't know how Williams is able to look himself in the mirror knowing what a whore he is, but maybe the 2 million bucks he got from Fox eases the pain a little.

Road map over please here so I can try to follow that.

backscatter712  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-22-10 08:01 PM
12. I'm more than happy to see the Democrats take his scalp!
   If you ask me, the biggest mistake the Democrats make is not being ruthless enough.
Taking scalps...how racist of you.
Oh wait it was about a black man so that is okay?
I`m confused.

The next week and a half should be a hoot to watch.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Their impotant rage grows.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
mfcorey1 (511 posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:16 PM
Original message
Juan Williams is not now and never has been a liberal.

1lib·er·al adj \ˈli-b(ə-)rəl\

1a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts <liberal education> b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth

2a : marked by generosity : openhanded <a liberal giver> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal> c : ample, full

3obsolete : lacking moral restraint : licentious

4: not literal or strict : loose <a liberal translation>

5: broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms

6a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives

Methinks Juan Williams is more liberal than all of DU put together.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »
mfcorey1 (511 posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:16 PM
Original message
Juan Williams is not now and never has been a liberal. So there, I said it. n/t
YOU FAIL! Anything else jackass? :evillaugh:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:04 PM »
He's most certainly a liberal, but he's not a regressive like people at the DU are.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:39:18 PM »
Bragi  (1000+ posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:29 PM
6. Doesn't matter, this may not end up well for NPR   
   Edited on Fri Oct-22-10 07:41 PM by Bragi
I have a feeling this may not play out well for NPR.

They are now back in the divisive non-lucrative culture war zone big-time, not because they are standing for some great principle, or defending tough and courageous reporting, but over sacking an on-air personality for expressing personal views on another network that were more stupid than offensive, but which apparently transgressed NPR's byzantine code of ethics that makes "analysis" okay but bans "punditry" and "commentary" (huh?), thereby catapulting the fired "analyst" into bigger and richer stardom, while also triggering donation boycotts and Congressional defunding initiatives.

****ing brilliant. Can't wait to see what they do next. Hope it involves compelling drama using the NPR standard employment contract as the screenplay.

Translation=Congressional hearings will be called and funding will be stopped, and those hearings will be at the behest of conservatives who believe in free speech and the few liberals who believe in it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline true_blood

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »
JoePhilly (1000+ posts)          Fri Oct-22-10 07:21 PM
3. You make a very important point.
   Juan was an ACTOR.

He is not a liberal. He was payed to PLAY ONE.

And so, when he said what he said to Billo the Clown, he was not "examining his own prejudice" ... he was not trying to "understand his own emotions" ...

He was ACTING. And his ACT was to intended to remind the insane far right, that their fear of anyone who look "Muslim" is OK.

That is what he was doing.
Riiiiiiight. :loser:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »
Uh oh, anti-Canadian bigotry is now rearing it's ugly head:

Binka  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) 
Fri Oct-22-10 09:28 PM
Response to Reply #10
20. Right On

This dipshit and his free speech act have gotten really old. Canadian to boot. Go lick a few Maples Bragi.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
Uh oh, anti-Canadian bigotry is now rearing it's ugly head:

I just saw that and was going to post it too. :cheersmate:

They are everything they accuse others of times 1000.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
The only thing Juan Williams is guilty of (other than subscribing to a failed political ideal) is an overabundance of honesty. The gutless wonders at DU would never admit to that stirring of their reptilian brains when they walk by a minority male on a darkened street or take a seat in front of a group of young Middle Eastern-looking men on an airliner like I know damn well they have at some point in their lives. They lack the one honest bone in their worthless collective bodies that would allow them to concede that they're anything but perfect and pristine and they love to gut anyone not on their imaginary level of perfection, the hypocritical bastards.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
doc03  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)     
Fri Oct-22-10 09:50 PM
Response to Reply #21
23. Here are the results from a few polls I found on the subject

Washington Post: agree with Williams 74%
agree with NPR 25%

Guardian UK: agree with Williams 67%
agree with NPR 33%

Time: agree with Williams 70%
agree with NPR 30%

Bragi Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Fri Oct-22-10 10:01 PM
Response to Reply #23
25. Wow. If true, then that's pretty clear   Updated at 10:02 PM

Edited on Fri Oct-22-10 10:10 PM by Bragi
Looks like NPR has succeeded in bringing the country together, but has ****ed itself badly in the process.

As a supporter of public broadcasting, I think this is a bad outcome. I seriously question the competence and judgment of the people who made that decision.

doc03 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Fri Oct-22-10 10:06 PM
Response to Reply #25
26. Here is another one that breaks down how people think

Edited on Fri Oct-22-10 10:09 PM by doc03
about the firing. You can vote to get the results or just click view results.
http://blogs.psychcentral.com/therapy-soup/2010/10/shou...

doc03 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Fri Oct-22-10 09:59 PM
24. Not only have we lost our right to free speech we now

can't even say we had a politically incorrect thought.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »
You reap what you sow DUmmies and once again thank you for a great story to dominate the weekend chatter leading up to an election. :cheersmate:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:21:51 PM »
Here's the psychcentral poll results:

http://blogs.psychcentral.com/therapy-soup/2010/10/should-npr-have-fired-juan-williams-weekly-poll/

Should NPR have fired Juan Williams? Weekly Poll

Absolutely. His comments were racist and this is government-funded radio paid by our hard-earned tax dollars. Our tax dollars shouldn't fund racism. 6.34% (9 votes)

Yes. They should fire anyone who says anything against any person belonging to any ethnicity, race, or religion: Muslims, Christians, Jews, African Americans, Whites, Indians and so on. 4.23% (6 votes)

No. His comments weren't any more racist than others in the media and frankly, in politics. He didn't deserve to lose his job over them. 11.97% (17 votes)

No. His firing was itself racist--he was fired because he is a Black man making these comments. 1.41% (2 votes)

No. His comments weren't racist. After all, terrorism is a reality in this world and he was just speaking about fears many of us have. 52.82% (75 votes)

No. And he should get his job back! 17.61% (25 votes)

Not sure. 2.11% (3 votes)

Other: 3.52% (5 votes)

Total Votes: 142

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 09:52:31 PM »
The only thing Juan Williams is guilty of (other than subscribing to a failed political ideal) is an overabundance of honesty. The gutless wonders at DU would never admit to that stirring of their reptilian brains when they walk by a minority male on a darkened street or take a seat in front of a group of young Middle Eastern-looking men on an airliner like I know damn well they have at some point in their lives. They lack the one honest bone in their worthless collective bodies that would allow them to concede that they're anything but perfect and pristine and they love to gut anyone not on their imaginary level of perfection, the hypocritical bastards.

Thew mostest smartest people on the planet cannot admit they are human! They came from Uranus, damn it!

And don't you forgetttttt itttt! ( using my best "Quick Draw McGraw" impersonation! )
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »
There's enough hypocrisy in these posts to fill out an entire Obama stump speech.

They talk about Juan's alleged bigotry...but how many times do we read posts over there about their fear of being around "reich wingers" and how they think they spotted a Tea Bagger etc.

Talk about not seeing the forrest for the trees.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 11:10:15 PM »
There's enough hypocrisy in these posts to fill out an entire Obama stump speech.

They talk about Juan's alleged bigotry...but how many times do we read posts over there about their fear of being around "reich wingers" and how they think they spotted a Tea Bagger etc.

I thought they were praising his take downs of Hannity and O'Reilly just last week!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 12:54:11 AM »
Juan Williams isn't liberal.  And water isn't wet. 

Only in DUmmieland.

BTW, assholes, when I see several obviously Muslim types hanging together waiting for an airplane, yeah, my Spidey-sense starts tingling.  Is it profiling?  Whatever you want to call it.  I personally call it as Dennis Miller labled it--MINIMALLY PERCEPTIVE.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline true_blood

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »
Liberals, living their lives in denial.  :banghead:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »

Dude. Those tools drove into the trees years ago and set the forest on fire with the crash
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 12:34:23 AM »
Isn't Bob Beckle a liberal?

He's one of the main reasons I stopped watching Hannity.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Isn't Bob Beckle a liberal?

He's one of the main reasons I stopped watching Hannity.
Yes, he is almost progressive that dude.
I will hand it to him though, he does have a good sense of humor. But his politics =  FAIL! :-)