Author Topic: Salmon Patties  (Read 5143 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Salmon Patties
« on: February 23, 2008, 11:42:05 PM »
This is quick and simple.

1 can salmon
diced onion
egg
a little mayo
crushed Saltine crackers

Mix together, add crackers to kind of "hold" it together.  Make into patties and dip them into more crushed crackers for a crust.

Pan fry in a little vegetable oil heated over medium heat.

I like to eat them with fries. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Salmon Patties
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:10:13 AM »
Throw in a tablespoon of dried dill weed and a squeeze of lemon juice.......and mix a little corn meal with the crackers.....serve with a mixture of cocktail sauce, ketchup, and a dash of hot sauce..... :innocent:

(They are one of my favs too)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
Throw in a tablespoon of dried dill weed and a squeeze of lemon juice.......and mix a little corn meal with the crackers.....serve with a mixture of cocktail sauce, ketchup, and a dash of hot sauce..... :innocent:

I might try those suggestions.  :)

Zatarains makes a really good salmon cake mix.  I've never seen it up here in the grocery stores, only down in SE Texas, so I buy like 4 or 5 boxes every time I go see my grandpa.

http://shop.zatarains.com/zatarains%AE-salmon-cake-mix-p-256.html?=
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »
I keep a jar of dehydrated chopped onion in the pantry if I have a recipe that calls for a small amount of diced onions.  It's easier than buyig a whole onion and throwing half of it away.  :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 04:07:43 PM »

I might try those suggestions.  :)

Zatarains makes a really good salmon cake mix.  I've never seen it up here in the grocery stores, only down in SE Texas, so I buy like 4 or 5 boxes every time I go see my grandpa.

http://shop.zatarains.com/zatarains%AE-salmon-cake-mix-p-256.html?=

I didn't know the Zatarains mix existed.  I'm going to look for it.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 04:08:53 PM »
I keep a jar of dehydrated chopped onion in the pantry if I have a recipe that calls for a small amount of diced onions.  It's easier than buyig a whole onion and throwing half of it away.  :)

Nothing replaces juicy onion in salmon patties.  You can freeze the rest of the onion if you can't use it. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 08:15:13 PM »
Dill weed is good mixed with sour cream. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »
Dill weed is good mixed with sour cream. 

...and a little pepper jelly.  mmm. mmm. good.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 10:44:11 PM »
I picked up the ingredients for this today.  Couldn't find any Zatarans.  I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 03:26:10 PM »
I picked up the ingredients for this today.  Couldn't find any Zatarans.  I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I looked for the Zatarains too.  No can find.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 10:16:16 PM »

I've never seen the Zatarains mix up here Undies, only down in SE Texas.  It's so good though, I might buy some online.
Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »
What size can do you use?  The little tuna-sized cans?  I found a big 14.75 oz can and bought that.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »
What size can do you use?  The little tuna-sized cans?  I found a big 14.75 oz can and bought that.

The big one.  :)
Stink Eye

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 11:05:51 PM »

I've never seen the Zatarains mix up here Undies, only down in SE Texas.  It's so good though, I might buy some online.

I can't afford to be buyin' no fancy stuff off the internet.  I'll have to stick with my seasoned toaster crumbs.