Current Events > The DUmpster

Lucy sets up the football again...

(1/2) > >>

Freeper:

--- Quote ---scheming daemons  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 02:57 PM
Original message
I expect all the people that bashed Obama over torture prosecution to issue a mea culpa....

... but I won't hold my breath:

Holder to Appoint Prosecutor to Investigate CIA Terror Interrogations

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has decided to appoint a prosecutor to examine nearly a dozen cases in which CIA interrogators and contractors may have violated anti-torture laws and other statutes when they allegedly threatened terrorism suspects, according to two sources familiar with the move.

Holder is poised to name John Durham, a career Justice Department prosecutor from Connecticut, to lead the inquiry, according to the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the process is not complete.

Durham's mandate, the sources added, will be relatively narrow: to look at whether there is enough evidence to launch a full-scale criminal investigation of current and former CIA personnel who may have broken the law in their dealings with detainees. Many of the harshest CIA interrogation techniques have not been employed against terrorism suspects for four years or more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/24/AR2009082401743.html?hpid=topnews

--- End quote ---

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6381151

--- Quote ---ima_sinnic  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 03:00 PM
Response to Original message
4. if nobody had raised hell about prosecution it probably would not have happened

so you can stick your know-it-all bullshit in a posterior orifice.
--- End quote ---

Yep it's all DU's doing  :lmao:

--- Quote ---scheming daemons  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-24-09 03:22 PM
Response to Reply #15
20. "I hoped accountability on war crimes including torture would be part of the change I voted for"

...and now you've gotten that.

...and you're actually bitching and moaning about it.

--- End quote ---

Because they are almost smart enough to realize that even if wrongdoing by the CIA is discovered * and Cheney will not be frogmarched.

I'm inclined to agree with Rush that this whole thing is a distraction from the Health care blunder by Obama and the gang. Throw a little hope to the left and maybe they will fall back in love with Obama.

thundley4:
There are many Fitzmas threads at the DUmp all talking about Eric Holdem(as racists)'s pronouncement.

jukin:
Darth Cheney will squash this in the next couple of weeks.

If alHolder goes after the guys right after the new national service day (9/11) he is going to lose big time.  threaten the family of KSM? Hell yes I would. I would also tell him how I was going to encase them in bacon before they went to go see allah. 

This is going to so back fire on the world's smarterest president ever.  He is going to wish that they were fully focused on nationalizing healthcare.

thundley4:

--- Quote ---This is going to so back fire on the world's smarterest president ever.  He is going to wish that they were fully focused on nationalizing healthcare.
--- End quote ---

I think this is a deliberate attempt to get the focus off health care.

DumbAss Tanker:

--- Quote from: thundley4 on August 24, 2009, 03:03:27 PM ---I think this is a deliberate attempt to get the focus off health care.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure that this particular topic is the best choice for that, it seems more likely to absorb the efforts of his erstwhile supporters, while merely pissing off his opponents without actually distracting them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version