Author Topic: Romney/Ryan and the '7.8%' unemployment number futzing  (Read 2393 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Romney/Ryan and the '7.8%' unemployment number futzing
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:09 PM »
I was just thinking, if Romney/Ryan are elected in November, how are they going to handle the bogus 7.8% number the White Hut is pushing out there right now? 

If they are honest, the number will shoot up to around the 11% or 12% that it really is.  What can be done about this?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Romney/Ryan and the '7.8%' unemployment number futzing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »
Romney and all our newly elected Congressmen and Senators won't take office until January. That should give the numbers time to right themselves. Then when it gets a LOT better faster we'll be set.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »
After November the UE number will be allowed by Obama's minions to reach it's realistic numbers.  When Romney gets sworn in the media will hit him hard with it.  However, I also believe that if Romney wins and conservatives keep the house and take the senate then unemployment will start going down, because companies won't fear the current uncertainty that is prevalent right now.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »
I agree with thundley on the point of businesses relaxing their capital, after an adult gets back in the White Hut.  I'm just concerned about the mess that this administration will try to dump into their lap. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30:47 PM »
Romney/Ryan need to bring this up:

[youtube=425,350]3QVXQPiwPd4[/youtube]

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 04:03:59 AM »
After November the UE number will be allowed by Obama's minions to reach it's realistic numbers.  When Romney gets sworn in the media will hit him hard with it.  However, I also believe that if Romney wins and conservatives keep the house and take the senate then unemployment will start going down, because companies won't fear the current uncertainty that is prevalent right now.

It'll also forever show liberals to be liars, since they've been claiming for 2 years that no one could have fixed the economy that O inherited. O will be leaving one that is worse. Romney will have to deal with it with a sense of urgency. His first 100 day "honeymoon" with the press will be more like 100 minutes before they say he lied about "day 1" priorities.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 01:13:43 PM »
It'll also forever show liberals to be liars, since they've been claiming for 2 years that no one could have fixed the economy that O inherited. O will be leaving one that is worse. Romney will have to deal with it with a sense of urgency. His first 100 day "honeymoon" with the press will be more like 100 minutes before they say he lied about "day 1" priorities.

The difference is that Romney won't spend two years trying to pass a healthcare bill like Obama did.  ObamaCare was a law designed to hurt the economy and give the government more control, not help anyone.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Romney/Ryan and the '7.8%' unemployment number futzing
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 01:23:30 PM »
My daily commute takes me by the obama/biden campaign office in Laguna Beach. This morning I noticed a crudely hand drawn sign in the window thaw merely said "7.8". I'm curious if they will be changing this sign when the number is revised up in a few weeks.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Re: Romney/Ryan and the '7.8%' unemployment number futzing
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14:25 PM »
My daily commute takes me by the obama/biden campaign office in Laguna Beach. This morning I noticed a crudely hand drawn sign in the window thaw merely said "7.8". I'm curious if they will be changing this sign when the number is revised up in a few weeks.

Probably not.  And of course, if someone put up a 14.7 sign, or one that says, $16,000,000,000,000, I don't think it would last long.

And what's unemployment in CA again?  11-12 percent?  And gas prices are what?  $4.50/gallon?  All those signs are worth putting up.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 11:07:52 PM »
28 days to go. :)

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 11:11:40 PM »
What's the latest in WI, Rev?  Any word?

Offline Zeus

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 04:13:56 AM »

I agree with thundley on the point of businesses relaxing their capital, after an adult gets back in the White Hut.  I'm just concerned about the mess that this administration will try to dump into their lap.  

It's all going to hinge on whether the Bush Taxcuts are going to be allowed to expire and/or if there is a move to reinstate them, as in made permanent and not just brought back with a expiration down the road a yr or two.

A sensible tax policy and changes in Business regulation could go a long way in bringing back in country the estimated 15 trillion dollars that's left the country. Imagine if just a quarter of that came back what a infusion of 3.75 trillion dollars would do for the economy.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline DLR Pyro

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
Rep. Issa is opening an investigation into the fudged numbers. Even he doesn't believe them. Some one is lying somewhere.

The more I see what Issa is doing, the more I like him. I wish he was Rep. in my area. I would be congratulating him on a great job every day ...

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »
Obama made it legal for 1.7 million illegal immigrants to join the work force.  Why don't the workforce numbers include that sudden jump?  That should have driven Unemployment up, way up.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »
Weekly applications for U.S. unemployment benefits jumped 46,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 388,000, the highest in four months. The increase represents a rebound from the previous week's sharp drop. Both swings were largely due to technical factors.
The Labor Department says the four-week average of applications, a less volatile measure, fell slightly to 365,500, a level consistent with modest hiring.

Last week, California reported a large drop in applications, pushing down the overall figure to the lowest since February 2008.

This week, it reported a significant increase as it processed applications delayed from the previous week.

California finally got around to reporting their numbers...

7.8 my ass

Police lives matter.