Author Topic: Union-Leader Op Ed from my idiot (soon-to-be-ex) Congresswoman  (Read 462 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Union-Leader Op Ed from my idiot (soon-to-be-ex) Congresswoman
« on: December 18, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
Carol Shea-Porter: Where are all those Republican deficit hawks now?

LINK

By CAROL SHEA-PORTER
Friday, Dec. 17, 2010

(excerpt)

When I first ran for Congress, I said we needed to get the debt under control and stop borrowing from China, and that the borrowing was creating a national security risk and undermining our moral authority in the world.

Washington Republicans had created this enormous debt by placing Bush's tax cuts, two wars and the Medicare Part D program on our nation's credit card, without paying for them. Voters saw financial disaster looming and threw the Republicans out.

Over the next two years, the nation and Congress faced difficult decisions. The economy faltered in 2007, and 2008 saw Wall Street's self-inflicted meltdown. The middle class and the poor were hardest hit, suffering millions of job losses. The Bush administration immediately came up with a plan to save -- Wall Street bankers, who actually wreaked this economic havoc, and I voted against it.

=====================================

Yeah, you voted against it because you were locked in a tight race with Jeb Bradley at the time and had you voted for it you would have lost in 2008, so Frau Pelosi gave you "permission" to vote against it since she had the votes already.

The rest of the piece is more of the same drivel.

Even when her ass is hitting the door, she still doesn't get it.  Don't go away angry, Carol.  Just go away.  You stay classy now, ya hear?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

Re: Union-Leader Op Ed from my idiot (soon-to-be-ex) Congresswoman
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »
I was reading through the comments at the link. CSP isn't too well liked by most of the commenters.