Author Topic: Did the RNC finally pull it's head out of their butt?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline 5412

Did the RNC finally pull it's head out of their butt?
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
Hi,

I just got the following email from the RNC which sounds like it is supporting the lady in Delaware that was the Tea Party candidate.  Then I thought for a moment and my BS detector went sky high.  Notice they want the donation to the RNC.  I WOULD URGE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO MAKE A POLITICAL DONATION TO DONATE DIRECTLY TO THE CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATES OF THEIR CHOICE INSTEAD OF THE RNC.  THE THOUGHT OF DONATIONS GOING TO THE RNC THAT RAN THE SMEAR CAMPAIGN OF THE TEA PARTY CANDIDATE IN DELAWARE IS DISGUSTING.  Better to support our conservative candidates directly and then see who gets nominated in 2012.

regards,

Dear Dennis,

Congratulations to Christine O'Donnell and all of our Republican nominees in Delaware on their primary victories last night.

The people of Delaware have spoken.  And just like voters across America, they are demanding commonsense conservative candidates who will focus on the issues that matter most to them: creating jobs, turning the economy around and protecting our most cherished freedoms.

Christine O'Donnell is exactly that type of candidate and the RNC is proud to support her and our entire slate of Republican candidates in Delaware.  But with only 48 days until Election Day, time is running out for Republican grassroots leaders like you to help the RNC provide Christine and all our candidates with the campaign resources and direct financial assistance they need to win.

Please make an urgent contribution of $100, $150 or $200 to RNC Victory today to help fully fund the Victory Centers in Delaware and across the nation that are the key to winning the 39 seats in the House we need to Fire Nancy Pelosi and the ten we must capture in the Senate to Retire Harry Reid.

Dennis, the RNC is the only Party committee dedicated to supporting ALL of our Republican candidates -- from the county courthouse to Congress.  And we are the only national GOP organization with the ability to rush resources and direct financial support to our candidates who need it most.

Your 2010 election contribution today is critical to ensuring Christine O'Donnell and every Republican candidate receives the get-out-the-vote and campaign support they need to fight back and win an historic victory for our Party and our country on November 2nd.  Please give as generously as you can.

Sincerely,

Michael Steele
Chairman, Republican National Committee

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Did the RNC finally pull it's head out of their butt?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 02:56:34 PM »
I don't know that they pulled their head out of their collective colon so much as the RNC accountant whispered in their ear that the type of ranting they were engaged in last night was contra-indicated if they didn't want to see donations dry up entirely by Friday.

Rush's undeniable rule #whatever: "Whenever they say it isn't about the money, you can bet your ass that it's about the money."
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
Cassle has said he's takin his toys and goin' home! He refuses to endorse the Repub candidate that kicked his ass! That says all I need to know about entrenched politicians in DC, no matter what their party affiliation is!!!

This guy isn't interested in the country at all! He's only interested in his own power! For the RNC and others to fund guys like this has ended any monetary "gifts" they are ever goin' to get from me!

Enough is a damn nuff!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »
I'm not giving the cocksuckers a dime until I'm convinced they have, and they aren't doing much convincing lately.  Right now it's a toss-up between just chucking the mailers in the trash as they come in, or sending them a 'You stupid, stupid bastards' letter with no check enclosed.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 03:50:43 PM »
Right now it's a toss-up between just chucking the mailers in the trash as they come in, or sending them a 'You stupid, stupid bastards' letter with no check enclosed.
:rofl: :lmao:

I don't like writing letters.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 04:07:31 PM »
:rofl: :lmao:

I don't like writing letters.

I propose we send 'em monopoly money and write on the outside of the envelope, "Donation Enclosed"!

When they open it up just put a short post it note on the inside flap that we says, believe they have given up the country for their own self interest and as long as they do, we will continue to send them what we think they are worth!

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 04:34:37 PM »
I propose we send 'em monopoly money and write on the outside of the envelope, "Donation Enclosed"!

When they open it up just put a short post it note on the inside flap that we says, believe they have given up the country for their own self interest and as long as they do, we will continue to send them what we think they are worth!

Ok this is the third time doing this on the laptop, so here goes again.

I sent a nasty during Scuzzi Fonzo then had  dust up on a Newt call and just recently told the NRA "Its my money and I will donate it how I want".

I do need to work on my million dollar Obie Bill, it would probably work as well as the $3.00 Clinton Era bill.  That was always good for a few free drinks. :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline 5412

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »
Cassle has said he's takin his toys and goin' home! He refuses to endorse the Repub candidate that kicked his ass! That says all I need to know about entrenched politicians in DC, no matter what their party affiliation is!!!

This guy isn't interested in the country at all! He's only interested in his own power! For the RNC and others to fund guys like this has ended any monetary "gifts" they are ever goin' to get from me!

Enough is a damn nuff!

Hi,

We had the same crap with Charlie Crist in Florida.  What an idiot he turned out to be totally reversing himself so many times you would thnk he is John Kerry.

What really pissed me off about the RNC is they likely need to money to cover the money they pissed away trying to destroy her to begin with.

I donated to Rubio directly in Florida even though in the past I had donated to the Florida Republican Party.  They, along with Delaware, are just as bad as Steele and friends.

They may be learning that the party is of little value as my guess is most of the money is going directly to individual candidates.

regards,

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »

Actually, I'd enclose a note along with the Monopoly money, something to the effect of:

Dear RNC,

This is Monopoly money, as you're well aware.  Sadly, your "moderate" and "big tent" candidates who make it into office have fiscal discipline--or the LACK thereof, I should say--that will render REAL money worth less than the paper I just sent to you.

When you become the party of Regan again, the party of conservative principles, then you can count on my support.  Until then, don't waste my time.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline 5412

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 04:58:58 PM »

Enough is a damn nuff!

PS:  Isn't this clown a career politician, either second or third generation?  These idiots think they are royalty and have the right to ascend to the throne or something.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »

I do need to work on my million dollar Obie Bill, it would probably work as well as the $3.00 Clinton Era bill.  That was always good for a few free drinks. :rotf:

Be very careful with that.  Before Kaliph Barry is done doing unto the US currency what his buddy Robert Mugabe did to the Zimbabwe dollar, million dollar US treasury notes may well be in circulation, and you might just be accused of counterfeiting
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Zeus

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »
For several election cycles there has been what I considered the sour puss ramblings from sore losers lamenting the lose of their preferred candidate to an Entrenched encumbent royalty Party favorite. I have slowly been rethinking those claims though out that same time and have come to the conclusion I was wrong. I was wrong for various reasons. the following explains things much better than I could.

Hat tip Odysseus over at The Conservative Underground ( the cite that shall be Named):greet:

Reposted by permission from the Conservative Underground

Quote from: Odysseus;313828
An open letter to the RSCP:

For those who think that Christine O'Donnell cannot win, you're partially right. If Republicans waste time and effort and run around lamenting how crappy they think that she is, how awful a candidate she is, how unelectable she is in a liberal state, then she certainly will be. I concede your point. Of course, that wasn't the case six years ago, when she was willing to run against Biden, and lost. You didn't tell us then about how bad her chances were. She was a perfectly good candidate for a party establishment that was happy to maintain the status quo. It's only when she has a chance to win that she's toxic. Again, I understand your point. I do. Really

Now, here's mine

Christine O'Donnell is no more unelectable than Scott Brown, who won the open senate seat in a bluer state than Delaware. She is no more unelectable than Rand Paul, who is way ahead in the polls in Kentucky, or Marco Rubio, who defeated the "smart money" choice of Charlie Crist, and is now ahead of him by double digits. She is no more unelectable than Pat Toomey, who the GOP threw to the wolves six years ago in favor of Arlen Specter, who couldn't even win a Democratic primary in Pennsylvania. Toomey now has a big lead over the Democratic nominee, a former admiral who, you would think, would appeal to moderates. He doesn't.

Does O'Donnell have issues? Yes. But do those issues make her unfit for office? Is a senate that included Teddy Kennedy, a drunk driver who killed a campaign aide through his own recklessness and who used family influence to cover it up; Chris Dodd, who took sweetheart loans from the people that he was regulating, and who was second only to Teddy as a sexual predator; Robert Carlyle Byrd, whose career as a senator was second only to his career as a KKK Kleagle and Cyclops, a man who recruited over 150 members of the Klan to his Klavern and who filibustered against civil rights legislation because he opposed integration; John Kerry, Dick Durbin and Harry Reid, who have slandered American Soldiers in combat, repeated enemy propaganda as facts and chose to lose a war in order to win an election really too exalted a place for a woman who had trouble paying off her student loans and at one time owed back taxes? If so, then those of you who voted to confirm Timothy Geithner can shut up.

What it comes down to is this: I didn't know O'Donnell from Adam until she began her campaign, but she won a hfight against an entrenched incumbent with the power of the party establishment behind him. If she had lost, that establishment would demand that we hold our noses and support your RINO as the lesser of two evils. And, we probably would have, but you know what? She won, so we don't have to hold our noses. We have a candidate who opposes Obama's agenda, all of it, not the 52% or so that Castle opposes, and I expect that establishment to do what you expected of us, to support the candidate of their party, whether she was your first choice or not. And if you can't do that, then you need to sit down and ask yourself why you're in this party in the first place.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:29:27 PM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »
Wow, that was great Odysseus, thanks for posting it Zeus.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 07:59:44 PM »
Wow. Thanks Zeus!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline true_blood

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »

Enough is a damn nuff!
You said it brother! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! :cheersmate:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »
You said it brother! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! :cheersmate:

Murkowsi (sp?0 up in Alaska may decide to run as an independent since she lost to the Tea Party backed Miller.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
Murkowsi (sp?0 up in Alaska may decide to run as an independent since she lost to the Tea Party backed Miller.

The only morons she will pull is the independent dems and Repubs. All the better IMHO!!

It's time to draw a line in the sand. We're at a crossroads in this country! Shit or get off the pot!