Author Topic: The Paul Ryan political theatre show  (Read 942 times)

Offline Belle

The Paul Ryan political theatre show
« on: January 06, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »
Why the show vote to repeal Obamacare...again?  Oh, so this is the 1st one to be delivered to O's desk?
To rev up the base for the GOPe.  To advertise, hey look, we're conservatives, ahead of the '16 vote.
I don't see it working, since the GOPe record is pretend, lie, & then vote liberal each & every time.
The House on Wednesday is poised to send President Obama a bill repealing most of his signature health care law for the first time, after dozens of failed attempts since the law’s 2010 passage.

The bill on tap for a vote Wednesday afternoon – which the Senate already passed – also would strip federal funding for Planned Parenthood.
As many of us know, they had the chance to defund PP in the Omnibus bill.  They didn't even try, which brings me to believe they want PP fully funded.

The now beardless Ryan:
I fully anticipate the president will veto this, but I mean, how many times have we been saying we want to put bills on his desk that say who we are, what we believe versus what he believes, and that he will veto.  Then we'll have a veto override vote on that later in the month. But this is the first time we've been able to get on his desk a bill going after ObamaCare and Planned Parenthood.”

The new speaker’s next goal is to engineer and pass a bill – also for the first time – to replace the Affordable Care Act. Doing so could help Republicans respond to Democrats’ allegations that they have no viable alternative.  “We need to win the election, and the best way to win the election is give people a choice.”

My take:  this is indeed the time for the republican controlled Congress to go after more attempts to repeal, with the assuredness that Obama will veto.  & the rinos confidence in the veto leads me to believe they want these big government, middle class destroying programs.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/06/house-poised-to-send-obamacare-repeal-bill-to-president-for-1st-time.html

Offline libertybele

Re: The Paul Ryan political theatre show
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
Why the show vote to repeal Obamacare...again?  Oh, so this is the 1st one to be delivered to O's desk?
To rev up the base for the GOPe.  To advertise, hey look, we're conservatives, ahead of the '16 vote.
I don't see it working, since the GOPe record is pretend, lie, & then vote liberal each & every time. As many of us know, they had the chance to defund PP in the Omnibus bill.  They didn't even try, which brings me to believe they want PP fully funded.

The now beardless Ryan:   
My take:  this is indeed the time for the republican controlled Congress to go after more attempts to repeal, with the assuredness that Obama will veto.  & the rinos confidence in the veto leads me to believe they want these big government, middle class destroying programs.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/06/house-poised-to-send-obamacare-repeal-bill-to-president-for-1st-time.html

...hmm...I see things a little differently.  This is what the GOPe should have been done all along.  It doesn't matter how many bills Hussein vetoes.  Keep him busy.  I see that the GOPe recognizes that with Trump and Cruz in the lead; they need to do something - otherwise they know full well that their seats are in jeopardy.  I think it's a little too late and also have no trust in the cartel whatsoever; including Ryan, but nonetheless it's about damn time.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Belle

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:10 PM »
libertybele:
...nonetheless it's about damn time.

I applaud you for your optimism.   :II:  I need to get mine back.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 01:56:57 AM »
...hmm...I see things a little differently.  This is what the GOPe should have been done all along.  It doesn't matter how many bills Hussein vetoes.  Keep him busy.  I see that the GOPe recognizes that with Trump and Cruz in the lead; they need to do something - otherwise they know full well that their seats are in jeopardy.  I think it's a little too late and also have no trust in the cartel whatsoever; including Ryan, but nonetheless it's about damn time.

Agree

I think the phony Repubs are trying to pump up the establishment base by passing this legislation. Voters see right thru this because most of the DC critters ran on the repeal of Obamacare years ago. The Rats in the Repubs party are horrified that one of the two front runners may become the nominee, and ultimately slaughter the Hildabeast in the general election. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:59:08 AM by Lacarnut »

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
Way too late and way too many outrages from this maladministration. 

After 5 years of begging and pleading from the R voters to reign in this monster and his agenda (I know they couldn't do anything the first two due to the Congressional makeup), it's election time again and they are looking to give Boosh or Rubio or anyone but Trump or Cruz the edge amongst we, the ignorant people who voted them all into office under the assumption they'd take the mandate we gave them and use their Constitutional authority to halt this executive order implementation.

Bet anything if it had been apparent by now that one of the RINO favorite sons had been the primary pick, there would STILL be crickets from the House and Senate "leadership".

Way too late, ****ers.
Hope all the RINOs lose their elections.  We need a thorough house cleansing.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Belle

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 05:42:55 PM »
Boudicca: 
Hope all the RINOs lose their elections.  We need a thorough house cleansing.

Oh, don't we wish this would happen!  Personally, I'm keeping with my vow after voting in '14, rinos will get my vote no more.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
The only reason this is different...in a good way as I learned yesterday...is because the Republicans used the same budget reconciliation trick for this repeal that Reid and Pelosi used to get the original ACA rammed through back in 2010.

This is also something McConnell would never go for and yet...for some reason he briefly found his nut sack and got it through the Senate.

Now if they would just suspend the filibuster rule for this and overturn the upcoming veto.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0