Author Topic: Clinton: 'I certainly didn't' know about Weinstein's alleged assaults  (Read 4144 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member DonViejo (32,572 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141887743

Clinton: 'I certainly didn't' know about Weinstein's alleged assaults

Source: Politico

:rotf:

Star Member LonePirate (7,002 posts)
1. Why did the media help ensure her defeat and then treat her afterwards as if she had won?

She is not president and it’s disgusting how the media expects her to be and act like a president even though she has stated she is not going to run again.

The media’s Clinton-Weinstein connection obsession is shameful and repulsive. It’s even worse considering the blind eye they are turning with regard to the crimes and misdeeds of the White House’s current occupant.

:whatever:

7962 (9,624 posts)
2. She should just stay quiet because thats an unbelievable statement.

Most of Hollywood knew about him. Rose McGowan won a settlement from him 20 yrs ago. Other women spoke out about him. He was the subject of jokes about him & young actresses. A friend, who was a mid-level actress, even told me jokes about Harvey and his actions. https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/seth-macfarlane-says-harvey-weinstein-oscars-joke-came-from-a-place-of-loathing-and-anger-a3656671.html
Years ago.

Sorry, but "I had NO idea!" doesn't pass the smell test
And shouldn't she give Weinsteins money as a totally separate donation to charity?

I'm sorry, but these men in power who prey on women just trying to get work just get under my skin and I hate when people act like its such a surprise when its not

Hillary is a serial liar. She's almost as bad as Barry's "I learned about it watching TV..."

Star Member ismnotwasm (33,098 posts)
5. No, Hillary does not need to stay quiet

Jesus. Just a few days ago, I was reading “why isn’t she saying anything” —

Politics and Movie stars might go to the same charities galas, but that doesn’t mean they know one another well, or about one another

So. You are saying Hillary is lying? Just to clarify?

yup.

Star Member samnsara (2,423 posts)
26. i support this woman more and more everyday...

...just because of the shit she has to put up with.

7962 (9,624 posts)
10. OMG the Clintons were a celebrated part of Hollywood since '92!

She didn't live in a bubble. These stories have been out there for 30 years! Its like Cosby; the stories were there for years, but at some point it blows up. Except Cosby was a tiny issue compared to Weinstein when it came to power.
It would be more amazing if she NEVER heard anything about him.
Its something how so many will give a pass to someone as long as they're one of ours.
Read Anthony Bourdains comments on her interview; he puts it pretty well.

Star Member Rollo (1,192 posts)
48. Nonsense. Even Weinstein's own assistant didn't know of the sexual predation...

Harvey did a good job of hiding it from nearly everyone. If a close employee didn't know, how the hell would Hillary know?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member emulatorloo (33,154 posts)
19. This is not a "Hillary Scandal" no matter how bad you and Republicans want it to be.

It is not a "Democrat Scandal" either.

Stop carrying water for the rightwing.

Star Member MrsCoffee (395 posts)
25. These men who blame everything on Hillary get under my skin and I hate when people act

like she is their serial scapegoat.

They are the ones that should just stay quiet because all of those statements condemning her for someone else's actions are ridiculous.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member LiberalLovinLug (6,620 posts)
40. You are most likely correct in that I'm sure she knew he was probably not a boy scout

Its laughable and frankly insulting to her to think someone as smart and aware as she did NOT know about the stories and settlements going back decades.

BUT, I disagree that she should have remained silent, because that would only incite ruminations by the right that she knew, and accepted money anyways and now is hiding. (yes yes Trump was even worse, but Republicans are like toddlers, they have short attention spans and only think they are right and the adults in the room are always wrong)

And I also disagree with the idea that once speaking, she should have admitted she knew all along. What would that accomplish? Firstly its still unproven. Politically, its better to lie about it. Yes, I said lie. I now, am so beyond this third way strategy of capitulation and defensiveness that the Dems have used in the past decade. Its a new world of politics where obviously going high when they go low just does not work anymore. It should be tweaked: We will try to stay on the high ground as much as we can, but when they go low, we may have to go low as well. The stakes are too high to demand perfection. If there is no way to ever prove Hillary knew about Weinstein's more sordid deeds, then no reason to say otherwise, and give a story legs it doesn't have.

:rotf:

NanceGreggs (22,924 posts)
72. Sure, makes perfect sense.

It makes perfect sense that Hillary – whose life’s work AND political career has been focused on the protection of/empowerment of girls and women – knew all about Weinstein, but continued a relationship with him anyway. Surely she would have no concerns about Weinstein being exposed as a sexual predator at some point, because the GOP and the media have never, ever tried to dig up dirt to throw at her and would have ignored the whole thing if it ever came to light.

If Weinstein’s behaviour was so widely-known for years, one wonders why the GOP didn’t pounce on the opportunity to link HRC/Democrats and Weinstein long before now – like, for example, during Hillary’s 2016 campaign. They could have ginned-up the story to ”Benghazi!!! What about her emails?!?” status within days. I guess even though “everyone knew”, the everyones in the GOP simply decided to let this one go without a word. Sure, makes perfect sense.

How naïve do you have to be to NOT know that men like Weinstein never display their true nature when socializing with people outside of their own industry, especially when moving in political circles? That’s part of how men like this get away with their behaviour for decades – by keeping their proclivities under wraps, while maintaining the “I’m a really nice guy” façade.

Yeah, something doesn’t pass the “smell test” here – but it’s not Hillary.

:thatsright:

stonecutter357 (7,116 posts)
69. **** trump...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:36:34 PM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Clinton: 'I certainly didn't' know about Weinstein's alleged assaults
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »
Drunken nance naturally misses the bigger picture because she refuses to acknowledge the simple truth that the media will always run interference and provide cover for Dems/liberals. Only when their hands are forced will they abandon, to some small degree, their collusion. Note the reports about how the NYT and NBC both killed stories about Weinstein in the past for ongoing evidence of how the Dems and media work together. Watch how quickly they'll kill this story should it get too far off track and start interfering with the Dems ability to frame the political narrative via the media.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »
Star Member LonePirate (7,002 posts)
1. Why did the media help ensure her defeat and then treat her afterwards as if she had won?

She is not president

what was that?

She is not president

say it again

She is not president

I can't hear you

She is not president

Thank you
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
Liar, liar, pantsuit on fire.

::)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:36:21 PM »
Here is some advice for drunken Nance:

If you really want to advance women’s right not to be harassed in the workplace, DON’T shill for a candidate who is best friends with Harvey Weinstein and had him work with her campaign and host fundraisers for her.  Hillary is the self-made poster child for enabling bad behaviors from powerful men as long as they get her where she wants to go. Hillary would team up with a child molester and be a willing participant if it helped her gain power.

And just like the "honeypots" who helped lure these women to be molested by Weinstein, you are just another willing honeypot for the Clinton machine.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 04:17:28 AM »
The liberal elite considers themselves not only above the law but entitled to rule.
They know the MSM will always cover for them until it is impossible and even then will cut the one from the herd and push this story line that the rest just never knew.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 05:05:03 AM »
Star Member samnsara (2,423 posts)
26. i support this woman more and more everyday...

...just because of the shit she has to put up with.

"The shit" HELLary has to put up with has a name:
William Jefferson Blythe Clinton.

She chooses to continue to "put up with it"...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 07:18:02 AM »
Liar, liar, pantsuit on fire.

::)

No, it's a, "Definition of Is," lawyer's word game. It just means she didn't see any rape kits with accompanying DNA tests. She knew Weinstein money was semen-stained. She just didn't have it tested.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »
Just to reaffirm.
She is not president and it’s disgusting... Negative, DUmpsquat, it's glorious.

It's important to point out,  She never WILL be.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 11:01:18 AM »
Here is some advice for drunken Nance:

If you really want to advance women’s right not to be harassed in the workplace, DON’T shill for a candidate who is best friends with Harvey Weinstein and had him work with her campaign and host fundraisers for her.  Hillary is the self-made poster child for enabling bad behaviors from powerful men as long as they get her where she wants to go. Hillary would team up with a child molester and be a willing participant if it helped her gain power.

And just like the "honeypots" who helped lure these women to be molested by Weinstein, you are just another willing honeypot for the Clinton machine.

Shilling for the enabler of a rapist spouse says little about commitment to feminism as well.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »
Anyone in the industry who didn't know about Harvey's proclivities is lying. His OWN CONTRACT shielded him from being fired for sexual harassment complaints; he only has to reimburse the company for any settlement plus a "fine" that increases depending on which offense it is.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/13/harvey-weinsteins-contract-reportedly-allowed-for-abuse-as-long-as-paid-damages.html

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 01:25:24 PM »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 07:21:18 AM »
No, it's a, "Definition of Is," lawyer's word game. It just means she didn't see any rape kits with accompanying DNA tests. She knew Weinstein money was semen-stained. She just didn't have it tested.

She didn't have to get it  tested, it was all sticky. :-)

Having the clause in his contract says he knew he was going to prey on women. He is a disgusting perv. :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 08:00:59 AM »
Having the clause in his contract says he knew he was going to prey on women. He is a disgusting perv. :loser:

That clause in his contract meant that his company manglement knew what he was and did, as did everyone in the company and their lawfirm who drew up and handled that contract.

:hi5: AJ73!

Did Jane Lynch or Ellen DeGeneris work with Harvey? Did Harvey get horizontal with or handle Chelsea Handler?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:03:59 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »
What annoys me most about this issue is how the media is already lining up to excuse his behavior as a sickness beyond his control . He will go to therapy,apologize and all will be right with the world. In a Demorat's world, there are no Democrats that are abusers, killers, etc etc... Only victims.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 11:13:16 AM »
Response to DonViejo (Original post)Thu Oct 12, 2017, 09:01 AM
Star Member Zoonart (1,721 posts)
4. EVERYONE who did not know Weinstein or his orbit...

should shut up. We are all enabling the right to make this abour DEMOCRATS and NOT about sexual abuse.

THEY are the enablers. THEY voted for this sexual abuser in the White House after hearing him confess ON AUDIO TAPE.

Stop helping the right try too use their patented transferrance on us... just stop it.
I am sickened by even a whiff of "Hillary should have done or said this or that. "Obama should have....." NOT HAVING IT.

Barry let one of his daughters go to work as an intern for Pervy Weinstein.  The Secret Service most certainly would know everything about Pervy's background and told Barry about it.  Barry knew all about it and let his daughter go to work there anyway.  Barry and Mochelle and Cankles and Slick Willy, they are a bunch of filthy animals, every bit as bad as the pock faced tub of guts Fatty Arbuckle Weinstein.

Barry knew and let his daughter go anyway--suck on that DUmmies.

And as for Cankles, compared to her, Weinstein is a piker.  She knew too, for what it's worth.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 01:50:28 PM »
Clinton: 'I certainly didn't' know about Weinstein's alleged assaults

She's just pissed because he didn't hit on her, all she got was some stick cash. :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 04:15:31 PM »
That clause in his contract meant that his company manglement knew what he was and did, as did everyone in the company and their lawfirm who drew up and handled that contract.

Did Jane Lynch or Ellen DeGeneris work with Harvey? Did Harvey get horizontal with or handle Chelsea Handler?

Well, as fugly as Weinstein is, the only way that he'd get hot young babes to have sex with him would be to be the gatekeeper for their careers.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 05:05:39 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton runs from questions about handing back Harvey Weinstein’s tainted $250,000 donations - and her father deploys security to keep the Press away
Chelsea Clinton fled to her car to avoid answering questions from a DailyMail.com reporter about if the Clinton Foundation will return Weinstein's donations
Clinton, a board member of the Foundation, ran while she was attending a Clinton Global Initiative University event in Northeastern University in Boston
The night prior, Clinton Foundation press officials blocked a DailyMail.com reporter from approaching Bill Clinton to ask him questions at a public event
On Friday night, Bill Clinton gave the opening address for the CGI University conference, and led a conversation with a panel of activists
Bill Clinton did not take questions during the event, and press access was tightly restricted
Weinstein has given between $100,000 and $250,000 to the foundation, according to its records

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4980948/Chelsea-Clinton-runs-Harvey-Weinstein-s-questions.html#ixzz4vWRp7F8q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 08:36:38 AM »

@SVPete

Sounds like grounds for  a class action suite against the company,doesn't it? They all knew his tendency to abuse his power with sexual assaults,and this means they were complicit with it,thus conspirators that  kept him in a position to sexually assault and even rape other  innocent young women.

I have a hard time believing there aren't already large law firms circling The Weinstein Group" (or whatever the legal corporate name is) like sharks circling blood in the water.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
All these Hollywood starlets that are piling on Weinstein is fine, he's got it coming.  They say everybody knew but everybody kept their mouths shut because they didn't want their careers ruined and that's too bad.  But these Hollywood starlets are the ones that went after Trump, working themselves into a tizzy, imagining all kinds of nightmare scenarios where Trump would herd them into real life versions of the Handmaid's Tale--things that had zero chance of becoming reality.  All along, this POS Weinstein had the power--and exercised it--to have an genuine adverse effect on their lives.  But they all went after Trump instead.

And another thing, I've heard that some older actresses like Hanoi Jane and Meryl Streep are trying to claim that they knew nothing about this Weinstein's sexual proclivities.  I'm picking up the vibe from them that they probably had to earn their way into the business on their backs, so the young actresses should have to do it the same way.
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »

Like that old joke:
What do you get when you cross Rosie O'Donnell with a pig?
NOTHING!  There's just some things a pig won't do...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »
All these Hollywood starlets that are piling on Weinstein is fine, he's got it coming.  They say everybody knew but everybody kept their mouths shut because they didn't want their careers ruined and that's too bad.  But these Hollywood starlets are the ones that went after Trump, working themselves into a tizzy, imagining all kinds of nightmare scenarios where Trump would herd them into real life versions of the Handmaid's Tale--things that had zero chance of becoming reality.  All along, this POS Weinstein had the power--and exercised it--to have an genuine adverse effect on their lives.  But they all went after Trump instead.

And another thing, I've heard that some older actresses like Hanoi Jane and Meryl Streep are trying to claim that they knew nothing about this Weinstein's sexual proclivities.  I'm picking up the vibe from them that they probably had to earn their way into the business on their backs, so the young actresses should have to do it the same way.
@

@Delmar

A big part of going after Trump is career enhancement. If you are an actor or actress and don't follow the "company line" of leftist activist drivel,notes are taken and you don't get hired. If you actually come out and are verbal against it,your agent will fire you or risk losing millions because the bosses will refuse to hire his other clients.

It really is a Studio Mafia system at work there as well as in NYC. Look at how  they went after Mel Gibson after he got vocal about having conservative values,and he  was a major money-maker for them,as proof of this.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke