Author Topic: (Elizabeth) Edwards ends speculation about (John Edwards') endorsement  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
ok, so I took liberties with the headline.  sue me.  that's what happened, and everyone knows it. :-)

so, it's true.  hillary is a war mongering corporate whore, and Baroque Obama is a lying, empty suit.

cool.  glad we got that one settled.

Edwards ends speculation about endorsement
RALEIGH—On the day North Carolina voters go to the polls, John Edwards and his wife Elizabeth ended months of speculation about which candidate they would endorse in the Democratic primary.

The answer: neither.

In an interview with People magazine, their first on the subject since Edwards dropped out of the race, the couple said that they were attracted to – and turned off by – elements of both Hillary Clinton's and Barack Obama's candidacy, but had decided not to support either candidate.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20197952,00.html

"Bottom line: the couple said they will not endorse either remaining candidate, saving their political capital for their own causes – his, fighting poverty; hers, fighting for universal health care," the magazine wrote.

John Edwards said he liked Clinton's "tenacity" but disliked the "old politics" he sees in her campaign. As for Obama, "I think he really does want to bring about serious change and a different way of doing things. And secondly, I think it's a great symbolic thing to have an African-American who could be president." But, he said,

"Sometimes I want to see more substance under the rhetoric."

Elizabeth Edwards praised Clinton's health care plan, but said the "lobbyist money" that has helped fund her campaign was a turnoff.

link

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
So "neither" candidate asked the Silky Pony to consider the VP slot. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

I cannot imagine anyone's opinion being less important.  How many times now has Edwards had his loser passport stamped?  Is Elizabeth still busy ridding her neighborhood of undesirables?

Offline Lauri

this just shows how inept Edwards continues to be ..

first, that the tbelieves the American public cares about his opinions .. and second, that he refuses to make a stand on the day of his own state's primary. he just doesnt have the guts to choose one of them and kill any ability to be in one of their administrations.. cause really, that's his only shot at getting back on the public dole.

Offline Wretched Excess

well, if hillary gets the nomination, there will already be one chick on the ticket, so you don't need two.  and if Baroque Obama wins the nomination, Elizabeth won't let him play with the little boy from the broken health care plan.

either way, he's out of the money.

Offline Wretched Excess

this just shows how inept Edwards continues to be ..

first, that the tbelieves the American public cares about his opinions .. and second, that he refuses to make a stand on the day of his own state's primary. he just doesnt have the guts to choose one of them and kill any ability to be in one of their administrations.. cause really, that's his only shot at getting back on the public dole.

I think that was the point; that he should have at least endorsed one of the two remaining candidates (I mean, how hard is that, ya know?  flip a freakin' coin) by the time that his state's primary rolled around.  or turn in his edwenis. :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
His political career is over barring an outbreak of national amnesia. He's got plenty of money to retire on. No need for him to do anything else at this point except concentrate on his sick wife and young kids who need a father around. Would it have killed him to just friggin pick someone? Jeez.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
His political career is over barring an outbreak of national amnesia. He's got plenty of money to retire on. No need for him to do anything else at this point except concentrate on his sick wife and young kids who need a father around. Would it have killed him to just friggin pick someone? Jeez.
This is just further evidence that as POTUS, he could not have made tough decisions.  This was an easy one with no risk and he still couldn't do it.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Willow

• Limousine

and both candidates broke Edwards cardinal rule and appeared on the dreaded evil FOX NEWS!  :bawl: :rotf:

Offline Miss Mia

That's what I was thinking.   :-)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."