Author Topic: Barack Obama and Security Clearance - Is This A Valid Concern?  (Read 947 times)

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Barack Obama and Security Clearance - Is This A Valid Concern?
« on: October 26, 2008, 11:53:57 AM »
I'm just curious if this is a valid concern.  It's concerning to me. 

http://www.eons.com/blogs/entry/1160003-Obama-Denied-National-Security-Clearance-in-2-8-

Barack Obama Denied National Security Clearance August 20, 2008, in General Barack Obama Cannot be Trusted with Classified Information

How can the President of the United States be denied a basic security clearance? How can the Commander and Chief of the most powerful military be denied access to classified information? Barack Obama would be denied the necessary security clearance for President if he was held to the same standard as everyone else. If you can’t pass a Secret level background investigation, which is required for many soldiers, you should not be eligible for the Presidency.

What is a Security Clearance?

Having served in the U.S. military, law enforcement, and as a civilian government contractor, I’ve had my fair share of background investigations. The United States government employs a multitier security clearance paradigm.

Confidential – Unauthorized disclosure could cause “damage to national security.” Secret – Unauthorized disclosure could cause “serious damage to national security.” Top Secret – Unauthorized disclosure could cause “exceptionally grave damage to national security.”.

Each level of access requires a progressively more in-depth background investigation before the clearance is obtained. The President of the United States should be able to flawlessly pass the most extensive investigation and a polygraph test. Both are required for workers in some Special Access Programs classified Top Secret.

Offline djones520

Re: Barack Obama and Security Clearance - Is This A Valid Concern?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »
Ayers alone would prevent him from getting a Top Secret Clearance...  Well, if he where in the military at least.   :whatever:

Though until I see someone with a name grabs this story and pushes it, I'm just gonna look at it as wishful thinking.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Barack Obama and Security Clearance - Is This A Valid Concern?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:34:21 PM »
It's a valid concern....................though nothing will come of it
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.