Author Topic: 'tax cuts for toasters'  (Read 1127 times)

Offline RobJohnson

'tax cuts for toasters'
« on: September 16, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »
Mike Allen
Tue Sep 16, 10:58 AM ET

Republicans had fun giving out tire gauges after Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) suggested folks save energy by inflating their tires. Now, some toaster tomfoolery may be in the offing.

Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) said on NBC’s “Today” show: “Our tax plan would take that tax cut of another $130 billion that John [McCain] wants to give to people making over $250,000 next year, not let it go forward and give it to the middle class — the very people who desperately need it to stay in their homes, to buy food, to take care of the gas, to fill up their tank, to be able to go out and buy a toaster, to employ people.”
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080916/pl_politico/13496

Biden on the Today show:

[youtube=425,350]8VxbfpPgjks[/youtube]

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: 'tax cuts for toasters'
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
obama's tax plan won't pay for his domestic agenda or what is passing for his foreign policy/ foreign aid plans.  the whole $250K tax bracket is a sham and a fraud.  if you want to fund something that staggering, you have to go after the middle class.  it's as simple as that.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »
obama's tax plan won't pay for his domestic agenda or what is passing for his foreign policy/ foreign aid plans.  the whole $250K tax bracket is a sham and a fraud.  if you want to fund something that staggering, you have to go after the middle class.  it's as simple as that.

True.

Biden on TV blaming the Republicans when in fact the Democrats are in control of Congress!  :lmao:

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 02:53:14 PM »
Perhaps The Oman is using the Clinton threshold of rich. Remember Clinton was only going to raise taxes on the rich. Unfortunately for Americans if you made 32K/yr you were rich according to the clinton only raise taxes on the rich plan.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

when I first read this thread title, I wondered what a toaster would do with a tax cut. :-)

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
\

when I first read this thread title, I wondered what a toaster would do with a tax cut. :-)

LOL

By the time Obama was done (if elected), my paycheck would be toast!