Author Topic: "The Fine Line Between Pandering and Lying"  (Read 923 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

"The Fine Line Between Pandering and Lying"
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »
Now Barack Hussein Obama is calling Senate committes he's not even a member of  as "his":

In Sderot today, Obama didn't say anything about Jerusalem being the Palestinian capital, but he essentially repeated, not his original call for a Jerusalem that "must" be "undivided," but his mushier fall-back position. In doing so, he not only failed to acknowledge, but specifically denied, that this was a change from his AIPAC call for a Jerusalem that "must remain undivided."

Obama continued:

Now, in terms of knowing my commitments, you don't have to just look at my words, you can look at my deeds. Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment from Iran, as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon.

But Obama is not a member of the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. Obama just made that up so he could count the committee's action as one of "my deeds."

If committed by a Republican, this would be a gaffe of historic proportions. Even a Senator as inattentive to his duties as Obama certainly knows what committees he serves on. For him to fabricate the claim, out of whole cloth, that the Senate Banking Committee is "[his] committee," strikes me as another sign of Obama's megalomania. That, plus more evidence that he is totally at sea without a teleprompter.

from Powerline: link

::)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: "The Fine Line Between Pandering and Lying"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 01:15:30 PM »
Maybe, in the Bizzarro-world universe that the BarackStar! apparently lives in - much of what he says having no basis in the reality in which you and I know and operate in - the BarackStar! IS the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee.

And he's not just a member of Pathological Liars Anonymous, he's uh, the President of Pathological Liars Anonymous; yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.  And he and his wife, umm, Morgan Fairchild, uh... yeah, yeah, have a detailed plan to bring hope and change to this country.  That's the ticket.

(With apologies to John Lovitz, wherever you are)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.