Author Topic: Obamacare Confuses Primitive  (Read 662 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Obamacare Confuses Primitive
« on: September 13, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
Quote from:
Lee-Lee

Blue Cross Blue Shield NC is running commercials about how the ACA is raising costs

(video of NC BCBS commercial)

Not sure how to make the video show in the window. Edit- ohh wow, it is automatic!

What is worse is that they are going to be the ONLY option for getting coverage via the exchanges in many NC counties. And I heard a blurb this morning on the radio that the other two companies in the exchange, who are only going to offer coverage in select counties, may drop out or limit what counties they serve even more. And BCBS is the only small business option.

So if you want to buy care via the exchanges here in NC? Good chance you get your choice of only one company (and yes, I have a big chip on my shoulder about them from previous dealings with them), and it will be a company who is out telling everybody the ACA is why they raised rates you will be supporting.

Just bring single payer. Why should I have to be writing a check every month for something needed to keep me alive, much less to a company who badmouths the system?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023661499

I find this funny because it's typical of how liberals have no concept of economics and how the real world works.

Look primitives, ACA says that insurance companies have to offer policies to people with pre-existing conditions. Now if I'm an insurance company, and the research says that on average someone who has these particular conditions will cost me $20K a year, then I assure you your premiums will be more than $20K annually. Now an over-simplified example is what I've provided, but so far you haven't even demonstrated that you understand that.

Why were you so stupid you didn't realize this?

And this...

Quote from:
Just bring single payer. Why should I have to be writing a check every month for something needed to keep me alive...

... is just another way of saying "I want to pay a minimum amount of my income towards healthcare costs and yet receive maximum benefits. Others will have to pay a large portion of my way, but I'm good with that."

You're a mooch.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Dori

Re: Obamacare Confuses Primitive
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
Wait until  April 15th.  That's when a lot of DUmb schmucks are going to find out how great "free" health care is.   :popcorn:
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
Just bring single payer. Why should I have to be writing a check every month for something needed to keep me alive...

I believe that the leeching moochers of the left would apply this to:
FOOD
HOUSING
WATER
ELECTRICITY
HEAT
AC

While not needed to essential living but like should totally be paid for leftist leeches:
CABLE TV
INTERNET
HEALTH CLUB MEMBERSHIPS
VACATIONS
MOVIE NIGHTS

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:17:40 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
Why should I have to be writing a check every month for something needed to keep me alive

Because I shouldn't have to write it for you, DUmbasses!

Swear to God, you people should not be allowed to consume oxygen.  Just five minutes without it, DUmmies--do it.  I know you can.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
Quote from:
tridim

2. BCBS has cut two refund checks to me in the past few months.

Deal with it BCBS, you are FINALLY bound by law and can no longer rip off your customers to secure obscene profits.

This primitive is one of the top Dear Leader knob gobblers and is way too scared to leave the island to face opposition opinions.

BTW primitive, these supposed refund checks aren't going to mean a lot to people who can't afford the premiums even with the subsidies they receive. Hard to bleed a turnip.

Full disclosure: I have BCBS of NC and got a check back last year for around $80. Whoop-de-doo! I'm not turning it down, but hardly a deal breaker. I've never heard of multiple checks going out within the same calendar year, so I admit I'm skeptical of this lying primitives claim.

However, my current policy for a family of 4 of around $1,300/mo (I'm self employed so it's a single family policy; always higher) is expected to go up. I've heard the same radio report the Lee-Lee primitive heard, and BSBC of NC is expecting their rates to go up on average of 80% because of all the taxes associated with Obamacare.

And the primitive also misspoke; there are only two insurance companies in the exchanges now, BCBS and Coventry. First Carolina Care dropped out.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/print-edition/2013/09/13/aca-breakdown-the-pricing.html

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:29:16 PM by USA4ME »

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »
Why should I have to be writing a check every month for something needed to keep me alive...

Do we have the option to write a check every month to keep them not alive?  :-)

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 01:45:44 PM »
Do we have the option to write a check every month to keep them not alive?  :-)

Maybe we should open a wishadoo account for that.   :rofl:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:47:52 PM by Dori »
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline weaponeer

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
Why should I have to be writing a check every month for something needed to keep me alive, much less to a company who badmouths the system?

I suppose he's pissed that he has to write a check every month for food, too.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
Quote from:
otohara

7. In CO Anthem Running Sign Up Commercials got a direct mail piece also

Colo residents: Health care reform starts soon. Lock in rates starting at $3.37 per person
per day for an entire year.

A young person who's in perfect health for roughly $100 month? That's an easy bet for an insurance company to place, dimwit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »
Quote from:
Lee-Lee

8. And great- one of the other providers just dropped out.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2013/09/12/firstcarolinacare-drops-out-of-nc.html

So now even less choice.

Ah, looked who dropped by to learn something.

Cast off that stupid liberal ideology you drag around with you and you'll really start to play catch-up with the rest of the thinking world.

Offline Dori

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
A young person who's in perfect health for roughly $100 month? That's an easy bet for an insurance company to place, dimwit.

I thought the cost was based on income and which plan you chose.  They have to offer; bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Those all have out of pocket expense. i.e. the Bronze plan only covers 60% of your medical.  Silver 70%, Gold 80% and Platinum 90%.  You have to pay out of pocket what the plan doesn't cover plus the monthly premium.

Premiums are based on age, income and plan chosen.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
I thought the cost was based on income and which plan you chose.  They have to offer; bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Those all have out of pocket expense. i.e. the Bronze plan only covers 60% of your medical.  Silver 70%, Gold 80% and Platinum 90%.  You have to pay out of pocket what the plan doesn't cover plus the monthly premium.

Premiums are based on age, income and plan chosen.

I have not heard the income part. There's something about if you're below a certain income the gov't will subsidize a portion of your premium. But I don't believe premiums are based upon income but rather your age, health, etc... just like always. Making someone pay more for insurance because they make $500K instead of $100K wouldn't be fair. Even Dear Leader a/k/a president dimwit wouldn't get away with that.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 08:52:05 PM »
tridim

2. BCBS has cut two refund checks to me in the past few months.

Deal with it BCBS, you are FINALLY bound by law and can no longer rip off your customers to secure obscene profits.

Typical stupid dummie. Here is what insurance companies do. They take the "overage" and invest it. They get a return off it. This help keep premiums lower. Now that they cannot do it, premiums will rise. Right now the market is up. What is gonna happen when the market goes down?

Stupid dummie. Really stupid dummie.

Wait for the market to crash and the insurance companies don't have the cushion. That is when Obozocare is gonna change. I'm guessing ya all will be screaming cause your premiums went up 100 - 200 percent.

It will happen dummies. Bookmark this page dummies. Everything else we have told you has come to pass, and this will too.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »
Home Depot and Walgreens just dropped coverage. Thanks Obama!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Dori

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »
Home Depot and Walgreens just dropped coverage. Thanks Obama!

Some big clinic just said it had to let 6% of it's employees go because of Obamacare. 
I have not heard the income part. There's something about if you're below a certain income the gov't will subsidize a portion of your premium.

It has something to do with the poverty rate and there are ceilings on the out of pocket part.  Also, if you have a cadillac plan through your employer, the government will tax you a portion of it.  That's what the unions are crying about.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
I believe that the leeching moochers of the left would apply this to:
FOOD
HOUSING
WATER
ELECTRICITY
HEAT
AC

While not needed to essential living but like should totally be paid for leftist leeches:
CABLE TV
INTERNET
HEALTH CLUB MEMBERSHIPS
VACATIONS
MOVIE NIGHTS

Erm.....you forgot Beer and Travel Money. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent