Author Topic: Oh, now that's just sad  (Read 1017 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Oh, now that's just sad
« on: June 12, 2013, 06:52:05 AM »
We've all seen in the past how TheMasturbatingMess loves to make these grand pronouncements of GOP tyranny. He loves to regale the wide-eyed Proglodytes with lurid tales of the GOP crushing civil liberties and imposing a police state until the little dears are all aquiver under their bed sheets.

Well, it's kind of hard to press that narrative in the current news cycle.

So, he needs something else to rattle their cages.

TheMastersNemesis (2,603 posts)

There Is No Global Warming, I Repeat "TINGW'ing - It Is All In Your Head. It Is A Hoax.

This is a GOP announcement. That is all.

If you have been fried or torched by fire, are suffering record high temperatures, flattened by a tornado, drowned or otherwise blown away by wild weather, it is just normal weather activity.

That alone demonstrates the sad state to which he has been reduced but then his thread drew only 1 reply...

grahamcrackers:

graham4anything (9,945 posts)

1. But the rabid mob that wants to impeach President Obama wants Jeb/Rand to deal with the issue.

amazing disconnect isn't it?

What would Paul Ryan, temp. President 2015 do for global warming with his VP Inhoffe?

It's like watching schizophrenics try and talk to the voices in each other's head.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022999145
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

Re: Oh, now that's just sad
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »
It's like watching schizophrenics try and talk to the voices in each other's head.

:lmao:  Classic. 

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:10 AM »
I don't know how many have heard of or watched the "Great Global Warming Swindle". But if you haven't I highly recommend it.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:38:12 AM »
Quote from:
TheMastersNemesis

If you have been fried or torched by fire..

If you've been fried or torched by fire recently, I suggest you've got bigger issues to deal with than GW.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »

That is the best description I have ever read of DU.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:09:31 PM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Online jukin

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 09:55:20 AM »
Even the NYT says there has been NO GLOBAL WARMING in the last 15 years. Now curiously during that time the sun has been at a low solar radiance. When the temperatures were going up in the 90s, the sun was at one of its largest solar outputs. Now I know that this real evidence will never trump an Excel spreadsheet made by a person getting hundreds of thousands to say there is AGW to a low info person (AKA DUchebag). However, it is good enough for this MSME with 30 years of designing machines (and having to have those designs actually work) using UV, IR, X-Ray, convection, and conductive energy transfer.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
If you have been fried or torched by fire,

Yes.  I was using my heat gun on a heat shrink job I was doing in my breaker box yesterday.
I layed it down on some plastic.  It melted it.

GoReBalWaRmiNG!!!!!!!!!I bEEEEE-lEEEEve!111!!!

are suffering record high temperatures,

It was 74 degress.  At noon. In June. In Southern Illinois.  

In. June.

flattened by a tornado

Has never happened before.

drowned

Not this week.

otherwise blown away by wild weather

Hurricane.  1978.  Iwakuni, Japan.  Should I have been worried?  It was the second one that year.  Same as the year before.  And the year before.  And the........

it is just normal weather activity.

Glad to see you see it my way.  Dip. Shit.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:04:42 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
If you've been fried or torched by fire recently, I suggest you've got bigger issues to deal with than GW.

:-) :-)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
I don't know how many have heard of or watched the "Great Global Warming Swindle". But if you haven't I highly recommend it.

:cheersmate:

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 09:04:36 PM »
Bringing up tornadoes and today's related catch-word 'Derechos' (I wonder if Derechos come in nacho cheese and cool ranch flavors - that would be awesome !) are actually more closely related to Global Cooling. - Which is why they tend to happen in spring or fall.

It takes a blast of cold arctic air to spin these storms up.

Edit - Global Cooling not 'Cooing'

I would imagine Global Cooing would be the result of a Flippy-Doo & Friends international coup. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:07:52 PM by miskie »

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 12:05:30 AM »
I find it interesting that he only drew one comment...the cracker cupcake.
MisterNUmbNUtz, is losing his touch.   :bawl:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 08:26:04 AM »
I'll bet the majority of the DUmbasses have been fried.....after a long night of drug use.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »
I'll bet the majority of the DUmbasses have been fried.....after a long night of drug use.

Fried, fired . . . it's all the same . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
Bringing up tornadoes and today's related catch-word 'Derechos' (I wonder if Derechos come in nacho cheese and cool ranch flavors - that would be awesome !) are actually more closely related to Global Cooling. - Which is why they tend to happen in spring or fall.

It takes a blast of cold arctic air to spin these storms up.

Edit - Global Cooling not 'Cooing'

I would imagine Global Cooing would be the result of a Flippy-Doo & Friends international coup. 

Same reason the weather channel wanted to name winter storms
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »
Same reason the weather channel wanted to name winter storms

The Weather Channel's whole purpose is ratings.

They increase their audience by making every summer rainstorm and every winter snowstorm sound like an unprecedented natural disaster.

The last time we had a thunderstorm, I was watching the tail end of a late night baseball game on TV.

They broke into the game with a breathless announcement of a tornado watch, with the conditions right for possible formation of a tornado.

The weather chick said you should wake your children and take them to your "safe place" until the threat passed.

"Safe place" is one of their new buzzwords, like "first responders" and "rain events".

Like the Weather Channel, local TV stations have spent so much on radar equipment, they have to make every rain a catastrophe.

I feel sorry for the children of halfwits who take TV weather bullshit seriously, huddled in their "safe place" every couple of weeks.

It'll finish off any sanity the little rugrats have left after the paranoia generated by all  the "Amber Alert" hype.