Author Topic: Morning After Pill reveals the lies of abortion  (Read 2292 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Morning After Pill reveals the lies of abortion
« on: May 16, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »
We're told it's just a blastocyst, a lifeless clump of cells.

Baitball Blogger (11,159 posts)

View profile

Pregnant girlfriend tricked into taking abortion pill; 'The baby was lost

TAMPA - John Andrew Welden did not want to be a father, authorities say.

So when his girlfriend got pregnant, prosecutors say, Welden faked a prescription for an abortion pill, switched a label so the medication appeared to be a common antibiotic, and gave her the drug.

snip

The woman didn't have medical insurance so Welden arranged for her to see his father, Stephen Welden, a practicing OB/GYN doctor. On March 28, the woman had a sonogram and learned her unborn baby was viable and healthy, Muldrow said.

"In a cold, premeditated fashion," Muldrow said, Welden forged his father's signature to obtain a prescription for the abortion drug Misoprostol, also known as Cytotec. On March 29, Welden obtained the drug from a local pharmacy and removed the label, replacing it with one that said Amoxicillin, a common antibiotic, and the woman's name.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-pregnant-girlfriend-tricked-abortion-pill-20130516,0,3219897.story

MineralMan (53,671 posts)

1. Trying to avoid paternity expenses, now he

View profile

can spend some time in the custody of the state. Total asshole.

el_bryanto (3,674 posts)

2. That's pretty grim nt

Suddenly it's a precious child's life.

Why?

What's the variable?

What makes this a crime while in every other thread about the morning after pill being sold without restriction so different?

Simple.

It's only about the female.

Men don't matter.

Children don't matter.

The only thing that matters is the "mother."

The value of life isn't about its intrinsic worth but solely based on the subjective determination of a single individual.

It is carried out in the name of feminism but feminism isn't about female equality.

It isn't even about female superiority.

It is one part of a greater whole whose only objective is diminishing and subsequently destroying all that it disapproves of.

It is about taking things that ought to have their own value and reducing them to mere masses of tissue to sloughed-off into the toilet or have their legs set in a jar on a shelf somewhere.

Because once you can convince an entire society this is acceptable then they can also be convinced that anyone who doesn't like "free" healthcare is obviously insane/mentally defective and if they're insane/mentally defective then they're just mere masses of tissue. Mere scientific oddities to be studied, kept in a jar on a shelf.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022851712
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline liana

• Banned
Re: Morning After Pill reveals the lies of abortion
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:48:56 AM »
All abortions and abortion pills should be banned, they are not preventing pregnancies, they are killing lives.

That being said, the morning after pill is not the same with the abortion pill.

"The term 'morning after pill' is often used to describe numerous procedures and different drugs, used to avoid unwanted pregnancies. Many women have realized the potential of a birth control pill in avoiding pregnancy and this has led several pharmaceutical companies to manufacture such pills. These pills prevent ovulation and can inhibit the implantation of an embryo, thereby avoiding the pregnancy. These pills are effective when taken within 72 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse"

Abortion Pill:These pills were discovered in the 1980s through a steroid hormone, which was similar to progesterone, a female hormone. The steroid was named as mifepristone and its sole purpose was to abort an early chance of pregnancy. However, it faced severe criticism and wrath from several pro-life activists and organizations. Abortion pills are designed to abort pregnancy within the first seven weeks..."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3146392
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:56:25 AM by liana »
If a Conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn’t buy one. If a Liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »
Doesn't the morning after pill just stop implantation from happening?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »

Don't get lost in the sauce.

If the roles were reversed in this story, i.e. if the father replaced the mother's morning after pill with fetal vitamins and the woman was unable to abort the child DU would be outraged.

It's not about abortion.

It's about who gets to arbitrarily decide who lives and who dies for political purposes.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

Yes

Delays/prevents ovulation Or will make a fertilized egg unable to attach to the wall of the uterus but has to be taken before implantation. It won't cause a miscarriage after implantation.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »
Yes

Delays/prevents ovulation Or will make a fertilized egg unable to attach to the wall of the uterus but has to be taken before implantation. It won't cause a miscarriage after implantation.

That is what I thought.  I was just asking bunnybutt  :-)

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:05 PM »
Don't get lost in the sauce.

If the roles were reversed in this story, i.e. if the father replaced the mother's morning after pill with fetal vitamins and the woman was unable to abort the child DU would be outraged.

It's not about abortion.

It's about who gets to arbitrarily decide who lives and who dies for political purposes.

Exactly.  Otherwise there would be no additional legal penalties for harm to an unborn baby for assault or murder.

IIRC, there was some woman who sued her abortionist because the baby lived, and the woman was even raising the child.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
MineralMan (53,671 posts)

1. Trying to avoid paternity expenses, now he

View profile

can spend some time in the custody of the state. Total asshole.

He was just exercising his right to be pro choice.
Why is it the mother can abort to avoid financial expense, but if the man does it it's a crime?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
All abortions and abortion pills should be banned, they are not preventing pregnancies, they are killing lives.

That being said, the morning after pill is not the same with the abortion pill.

"The term 'morning after pill' is often used to describe numerous procedures and different drugs, used to avoid unwanted pregnancies. Many women have realized the potential of a birth control pill in avoiding pregnancy and this has led several pharmaceutical companies to manufacture such pills. These pills prevent ovulation and can inhibit the implantation of an embryo, thereby avoiding the pregnancy. These pills are effective when taken within 72 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse"

Abortion Pill:These pills were discovered in the 1980s through a steroid hormone, which was similar to progesterone, a female hormone. The steroid was named as mifepristone and its sole purpose was to abort an early chance of pregnancy. However, it faced severe criticism and wrath from several pro-life activists and organizations. Abortion pills are designed to abort pregnancy within the first seven weeks..."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3146392
The morning after pill is designed not to "avoid a pregnancy," but to avoid implantation of a growing human.  It's just a very early abortion, not a avoidance of starting a life.  The only difference between this and an abortion is that the mother is not positive she killed a child, she can only assume she may have...

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 08:05:34 AM »
The morning after pill is designed not to "avoid a pregnancy," but to avoid implantation of a growing human.  It's just a very early abortion, not a avoidance of starting a life.  The only difference between this and an abortion is that the mother is not positive she killed a child, she can only assume she may have...

This is absurd. If I were to receive a call to tell me my 12 year old daughter was gang raped, the first thing I would hope a hospital to do would be to give my daughter the Morning After Pill.  I would pray there were slow swimmers and the drug killed them off before they found an egg.   

Now if this same 12 year old came to tell me something was wrong and then found to be 3 months pregnant,  A whole new kettle of fish.    I have no idea what I would do, seems that what ever I do, will have bad consequences for us , her and the baby.

She at 12 is still a child with 6-7 years left to herself to grow, her teeth  and bones are still forming, what are the consequences to her health.

Her baby will in a fight to survive drain everything from the mother it needs and down the road she may marry and have other children then die young leaving them alone without her.

This whole thing is so full of controversy, when it comes to adults killing their baby's, but when I think of the Children that are maturing much faster then in my day, and the family's that have to face this crises
and the innocent victims of crime that may be forced to go through a pregnancy they may not even understand---- have no control of the life with in them.  Children have no choice in the matter of abortion, keeping the baby or having it adopted out.     

Yes I am all for the morning after pill, birth controll pill, anything that can stop life from beginning in the first place.    Once it has started I cannot understand how it should be stopped -------Cannot unring a bell.

Old time lady here that has seen some really bad stuff in life not personally but from other family members and acquaintance's.          Birth control does not make one a slut any more then owing a gun makes one a killer.    Protection from the unexpected that comes in out of the blue.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
The "morning after pill" has moved the abortion clinic to the back seat of the automobile. The pill should never, ever be available OTC.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »
He was just exercising his right to be pro choice.
Why is it the mother can abort to avoid financial expense, but if the man does it it's a crime?

Liberalism/progressivism is built upon a mountain of such incongruities. It is why Liberalism/progressivism will be classified as a mental illness in the future.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
Vesta, the morning after pill does NOTHING to sperm. :rofl:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Vesta, the morning after pill does NOTHING to sperm. :rofl:

Perhaps it does something to the Egg that that does not need to be impregnated.     We woman have in out lives thousands of eggs that die due to non inpregnanted reasons , each month woman have a period, a blood letting to show they are not pregnant.   Really messing time for us woman that pass blood clots and Bleed at inopportune times.

Were we to be inpregnanted by the number of eggs we release, We woman would not survive.

These drugs Stop,  Holt the progress of an activity, that becomes life or death to us all.

Why is it so bad to prevent a life from forming by a pill, if it never becomes a life then whats the problem.????

If one looks at all the that the spurm  is wasted on the ground, then why are are woman taken down for
their life style.?????

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »
Perhaps it does something to the Egg that that does not need to be impregnated.     We woman have in out lives thousands of eggs that die due to non inpregnanted reasons , each month woman have a period, a blood letting to show they are not pregnant.   Really messing time for us woman that pass blood clots and Bleed at inopportune times.

Were we to be inpregnanted by the number of eggs we release, We woman would not survive.

These drugs Stop,  Holt the progress of an activity, that becomes life or death to us all.

Why is it so bad to prevent a life from forming by a pill, if it never becomes a life then whats the problem.????

If one looks at all the that the spurm  is wasted on the ground, then why are are woman taken down for
their life style.?????

All together now . . .

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKORxPeFq8[/youtube]
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 04:49:34 PM »
This is absurd. If I were to receive a call to tell me my 12 year old daughter was gang raped, the first thing I would hope a hospital to do would be to give my daughter the Morning After Pill.  I would pray there were slow swimmers and the drug killed them off before they found an egg.  

Now if this same 12 year old came to tell me something was wrong and then found to be 3 months pregnant,  A whole new kettle of fish.    I have no idea what I would do, seems that what ever I do, will have bad consequences for us , her and the baby.

She at 12 is still a child with 6-7 years left to herself to grow, her teeth  and bones are still forming, what are the consequences to her health.

Her baby will in a fight to survive drain everything from the mother it needs and down the road she may marry and have other children then die young leaving them alone without her.

This whole thing is so full of controversy, when it comes to adults killing their baby's, but when I think of the Children that are maturing much faster then in my day, and the family's that have to face this crises
and the innocent victims of crime that may be forced to go through a pregnancy they may not even understand---- have no control of the life with in them.  Children have no choice in the matter of abortion, keeping the baby or having it adopted out.      

Yes I am all for the morning after pill, birth controll pill, anything that can stop life from beginning in the first place.    Once it has started I cannot understand how it should be stopped -------Cannot unring a bell.

Old time lady here that has seen some really bad stuff in life not personally but from other family members and acquaintance's.          Birth control does not make one a slut any more then owing a gun makes one a killer.    Protection from the unexpected that comes in out of the blue.

A 12 year old should not be allowed the independence that would put her in that situation. However, if she was, that would be the parents' fault as well (perhaps more so than the girl).

However, a BABY shouldn't be the one who has to suffer by having it's little taken away by someone ripping it out of the warmth and comfort of its womb and being stabbed in the with a fork.

If, after she's pregnant, THIS is the time you start worrying about her health (because letting her run around so freely and failing to provide her with a moral background obviously shows a lack of concern for her health) then I guess you have to get her good prenatal care with care provided by an OB and a pediatrician. You need to make sure she takes proper vitamins and eats healthy.

And, as it seems you are saying, you don't want her "punished with a mistake" then have her put the baby up for adoption so that the baby won't be punished with a life with this kind of family.

Then, use it as a lesson for both you and your child about the importance of (parental) guidance, the importance of morals & personal responsibility and how actions such as this can affect more than just you and your child, there is an innocent baby involved. Neither you nor your pregnant 12 year old daughter have the right to kill another human being.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 07:18:11 AM »
I think most hospitals administer the morning after pill to rape victims already.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 08:55:24 AM »
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morning-after-pill/MY01190/DSECTION=why-its-done
Depending on where you are in your menstrual cycle, morning-after pills may act by one or more of the following actions: delaying or preventing ovulation, blocking fertilization, or keeping a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.
Keep in mind that the morning-after pill isn't the same as mifepristone (Mifeprex), also known as RU-486 or the abortion pill. Mifeprex terminates an established pregnancy — one in which the fertilized egg has attached to the uterine wall and has already begun to develop.

Vesta, for someone who claims to have been a nurse, basic pharmacology and critical thinking are not your strong points. How did you ever manage to pass boards or keep a license?
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »
Perhaps it does something to the Egg that that does not need to be impregnated.     We woman have in out lives thousands of eggs that die due to non inpregnanted reasons , each month woman have a period, a blood letting to show they are not pregnant.   Really messing time for us woman that pass blood clots and Bleed at inopportune times.

These drugs Stop,  Holt the progress of an activity, that becomes life or death to us all.

If one looks at all the that the spurm  is wasted on the ground, then why are are woman taken down for
their life style.?????
It may, possibly, stop ovulation (the release of an egg, Vesta.)  Once ovulation has happened, if the egg is fertilized, all it can do is cause that beginning life to be expelled instead of implanted.

Becoming pregnant is really not a life and death situation for the mother.  With abortion, morning after pills and Mifeprex all available, it is a life and death issue for unborn infants...and with monsters like Gosnell running "clinics," even for infants after birth.  While it isn't good for a 12 year old to carry, it isn't a death sentence by any means.

If the pill kept life from starting, it would be OK with most people, but we don't have drugs that guarantee that.  What we have are drugs that will terminate that life, whether by stopping implantation or by outright abortion.

Sperm may be wasted on the ground (just as an egg is wasted with every menstrual cycle), but what does that have to do with women "taken down for their life style.?????"  Pro-life is not anything about a woman's life style, it is about stopping the murder of the children produced by those life styles.   Just as we don't allow women to "terminate" infants, toddlers or teenagers, there is absolutely no reason why we should allow the "termination" of children just because they happen to live in the womb for a few months.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:21:43 AM by MrsSmith »

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health//MY01190/DSECTION=why-its-done
Vesta, for someone who claims to have been a nurse, basic pharmacology and critical thinking are not your strong points. How did you ever manage to pass boards or keep a license?

Nursing in 40 years has changed quite a bit.   Back when I was in school the tests for a LPN could be passed by most anyone going to school for a CNA today.

Far as Doctors tests, their schools back then only gave a one  half semester on sex education unless they wanted to specialize in the field.

You are quite correct April, today when I walk into a Hospital or Nursing Home I do not recognise most anything today.   No more red and green thermometers over the beds, few even carry a stechocope to monotor blood pressure.   All new gadgets I have never seen before.

An example of how things have changed was with the Boston Bombing, lives were saved with tourniquets of belts and torn clothing.   We were taught that to use one on a limb meant the patient would loose that limb.  Some how the tourniquets used in Boston did save limbs and lives.

Red Cross training has changed in regard to CPR and medical training that a person who drowns in cold water has a chance of resuscitation.

So many changes in the medical field I have little idea of what is going on today.   At no time were we taught pharmacology, we just issued the drugs the doctors told us to.-----In private life I have had pharmacy's I brought in a new prescription call my home to tell me a new drug issued by a Doctors was contraindicated by the other pill prescribed.

Darn I would find pain pills in peoples beds that they spit out, today we have the patch. I had a heart test a couple years ago, the machinery was extraordinary.   The MRI I had done was out of science fiction for me.

Then the most mind blowing experience was the when a family member had a preemie of 1 pound 8 oz.  We rushed to the hospital 3 hours away and I was enthralled.  

Having had a 4 pound baby my self I was amazed at the changes to the preemie section.   First was the security measures in place, second was the repeated hand washing gowns and gloves and hair coverings, shoe coverings  we had to wear.   The areas for the very wee ones that was kept dark.

Walking about looking at the bins of clear plastic inclosing these tiny humans filled with tubes and fighting for life, even with my 4 pounder there was nothing like this.