Author Topic: Manny needs powers that be to care about him  (Read 1658 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Manny needs powers that be to care about him
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Quote from:
MannyGoldstein

Ever get the feeling that virtually nobody with power gives a crap about your life?

Actually, I'm lucky to live in a state where government actually functions well and gives a shit, probably because 80%+ of the legislature is Democratic. We're those crazy Ted-Kennedy-lovin' moonbat Liberals, don't 'cha know!

But at the national level? More than ever, We The People are now no more than an annoying acquaintance they have to put up with at special occasions. The two austerity parties are facing off over who we little people will blame for the fallout from their gifts to the Predator Class. The drones are high in the sky, looking to shorten the secret kill list. More children sleep hungry in cars each night.

Several good friends have gotten austeritied out of their jobs lately, good people with great credentials who are now scurrying to avoid becoming road kill. Found out tonight that the company where I used to work is entering a new phase of fecality in its inexorable death-spiral since being acquired by private equity nitwits.

One way or the other, this $&@#s gotta stop. Hopefully the FDR way, not the Hitler way.

Godspeed, everybody. Hold on tight, tight.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=2438850

No Manny, I don't feel that way, mainly because unlike you I'm not a *****.  You admit you need a gov't to hold your hand and care about your daily life.  I do that on my own. You see, I'm not a liberal, I'm an adult.

Quote from:
Jamaal510

29. I definitely have a feeling that nobody in power at least from the GOP cares about my life. While there are some things I disagree with the president and other elected Dems on, I can at least tell that they're working harder to get the country back on the correct path. For example, even though health care reform was unpopular, Obama did the right thing and fought for it anyway. Also, the country's debt has lowered during his time in office. There have been over 30 consecutive months of job growth. He ended DADT. He has ended one war and is winding down the other. He signed the Lily Ledbetter Act. He extended tax cuts for middle-income and lower-income people. He proposed a Jobs Bill in 2011 to Congress, which would've put many Americans back to work. And the list goes on.

There is no way any of this would've been possible with a President McCain or President Romney. Both sides are not the same here.

National debt is lower and jobs have been growing at a greater rate than those who are losing jobs or just have quit working.  Hooray!

Some of you supporters of Dear Leader need to at least wipe his jizz from around your mouths before you post.

Quote from:
Warpy

5. They remember we exist every 2 years when they remember they need to tell us enough lies that we will go out and vote for them. The rest of the year, their knowledge of the country is confined to what lobbyists choose to tell them when they're whoring for enough cash to get out there and lie to us again during the next election.

No, they don't give a shit. We don't give them the big money, the junkets to conferences that just happen to be in fancy resorts, or the stock tips so they can retire rich. Why the hell should they care? The system is stacked against it

If you believe that, why do you willingly do thier bidding by pulling the Dem lever every 2 years?  Surely you're not stupid enough to try and claim the Dems are more caring and compassionate than the Repubs so you're voting for the less evil?  You're not stupid enough to try and make that same old worn out argument again, are you?

Sure you are.

Quote from:
TDale313

14. Yep. All the time.

Sadly, this might be one of the few things people all across the political spectrum agree on.

Not really.

Quote from:
Skittles (84,464 posts)

33. what kills me is how many DUers still swoon

I swear they need an intervention

Starting with you.  You've been a Democrat suckup for how long now?

Quote from:
Autumn

37. They remember us every election, and then promptly drop us like a hot potato right after.

That's because you're mindless kooks.  Even I don't blame the Dems for ignoring you freaks.

Lots of the typical whining.  Not a single one of them willing to accept personal responsibility for controlling their own lives.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:22:09 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Manyy needs powers that be to care about him
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »
MannyGoldstein

Ever get the feeling that virtually nobody with power gives a crap about your life?

Actually, I'm lucky to live in a state where government actually functions well and gives a shit, probably because 80%+ of the legislature is Democratic. We're those crazy Ted-Kennedy-lovin' moonbat Liberals, don't 'cha know!
How much more does it cost to live in a state where the government "cares" about you by stealing your money from you before you've had a chance to earn it?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »
Oh now, why are we picking on Manny?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »
Oh now, why are we picking on Manny?
Because he sounds like a little girl?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »

Yeah, regretfully I'll agree that my good pal Manny can be that way at times.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »
"Nobody from government loves me!"

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »

He doesn't just sound like one, he probably cries like one, runs like one, pisses its panties like one...you get the idea.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »
MannyGoldstein

But at the national level? More than ever, We The People are now no more than an annoying acquaintance they have to put up with at special occasions. The two austerity parties are facing off over who we little people will blame for the fallout from their gifts to the Predator Class. The drones are high in the sky, looking to shorten the secret kill list. More children sleep hungry in cars each night.

Several good friends have gotten austeritied out of their jobs lately, good people with great credentials who are now scurrying to avoid becoming road kill. Found out tonight that the company where I used to work is entering a new phase of fecality in its inexorable death-spiral since being acquired by private equity nitwits.

One way or the other, this $&@#s gotta stop. Hopefully the FDR way, not the Hitler way.

Godspeed, everybody. Hold on tight, tight.

Irony completely escapes these idiots.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »
"Nobody from government loves me!"
Stop paying your taxes.  They'll beat a path to your door.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 12:17:17 PM »
MannyGoldstein

Know what DUmbass...I don`t want any politician to give a crap about my life in a personal sense.
I want them to act in ways that keeps the government out of it as much as possible because anything they mess with they manage to screw up.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
Irony completely escapes these idiots.

Cindie

Even this...

Quote from:
MannyGoldstein

... is ironic.  Little does this idiot know (or believe if shown to him) that the Dems in Massachusetts don't care about his "Ted-Kennedy-lovin' moonbat Liberal" butt either.  Even Teddy himself didn't care about them.  They're either too stupid to recognize it and/or to proud to admit it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:13 PM »
They're either too stupid to recognize it and/or to proud to admit it.

Yes to both.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Manny needs powers that be to care about him
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »
MannyGoldstein

Yeah, every single day, which is why I'm opposed to giving those assholes so much power, DUmbass.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 12:33:33 PM »
Also, the country's debt has lowered during his time in office.

Going up 6.5 trillion in 4 years is lowering the debt?   :panic:
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
Jamaal510

Also, the country's debt has lowered during his time in office. There have been over 30 consecutive months of job growth.

These idiots really do believe this.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
I rowed this over because I thought it was hilarious. 

RobinA (3,151 posts)
70. Really

I'm 55. I never thought anybody in power cared about my life. Starting with my 2nd grade teacher who gave me an F in spelling, despite my spelling all words correctly, because I tried to write in cursive, which we hadn't learned yet. It was, by the way, totally legible. Then there was my high school guidance counselor who looked at my Bs and Cs (in academic classes) but apparently not my IQ, and decided I might want to consider something other than college. Bite me, Mr. Anderson. After that it was downhill all the way.

:rofl:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »
I rowed this over because I thought it was hilarious. 

:rofl:
They're all victims.  Boo hoo. :rotf:

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
MannyGoldstein

Never had that feeling.  I've got my family around me and lots of love and fun therein.

I've never substituted the Government for my family and I never will...hence I'll never have that lonely depressed "nobody loves me" feeling you're experiencing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Dori

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »
I only want the powers that be to follow the laws and the constitution and leave me the hell alone. I'll take care of myself thank you.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: Re: Manny needs powers that be to care about him
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »
They're all victims.  Boo hoo. :rotf:

Yep, perpetual victims.  The losers of life's lottery.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
RobinA (3,151 posts)
70. Really

I'm 55. I never thought anybody in power cared about my life. Starting with my 2nd grade teacher who gave me an F in spelling, despite my spelling all words correctly, because I tried to write in cursive, which we hadn't learned yet. It was, by the way, totally legible. Then there was my high school guidance counselor who looked at my Bs and Cs (in academic classes) but apparently not my IQ, and decided I might want to consider something other than college. Bite me, Mr. Anderson. After that it was downhill all the way.

I call bullshit! The teacher might tell her to print from now on but unless it's completely unreadable or the words really are spelled wrong all the time no one is getting an F in spelling for that.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »
If they wanted someone in Washington who cared about the little guy, they should have voted for Romney. He cared about the little guy, even if it involved a spanking for bad behavior. Call it "tough love".

Just look at Romney's personal life.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »
MannyGoldstein

One way or the other, this $&@#s gotta stop. Hopefully the FDR way, not the Hitler way...

Manny, Manny, Manny.  The only way you can have jobs that are divorced from economic activity is by having them all be government jobs.  For that to happen, the State has to displace the private sector from the production and service activities the private sector currently occupies, with central economic planning instead of activity shaped by market forces.

Now which of those two models does that sound more like?  Kind of a trick question, I suppose, because to me it sounds more like Marxism-Leninism than either one...   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
MannyGoldstein

But, wait.....who has the power?  You're right.  Those who have power don't give a crap about you and those of us who don't have power care even less about you.  You can trust me.  In my jungle, you wouldn't make it off the 130.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
Manny, Manny, Manny.  The only way you can have jobs that are divorced from economic activity is by having them all be government jobs.  For that to happen, the State has to displace the private sector from the production and service activities the private sector currently occupies, with central economic planning instead of activity shaped by market forces.

That's just water circling the drain. Pretty soon it's all gone because nobody is gonna want to make toothpaste anymore.

A USSR joke was how many workers does it take to nail two boards together? One to hold the nail, one to hold the hammer, one to hold the first board, one to hold the second board, and one to supervise.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA