Author Topic: Cleita primitive can't get her hate radio anymore  (Read 1098 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Cleita primitive can't get her hate radio anymore
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:29:33 PM »
Quote from:
Cleita

I'm pissed. This sucks. I keep my car radio tuned to our local progressive radio station and lately I'm getting strange voices on it with right wing views. I decided to research what was going on and this is all I could find on one facebook page with little other information:

http://www.facebook.com/FormerKGOListeners/posts/379138492181457

Another PROGRESSIVE Station bites the Talk Radio Dust!!!

~ Mapleton Shifts KYNS, San Luis Obispo from Progressive Talk to All-News. Mapleton’s KYNS, San Luis Obispo has been a progressive talk outlet since the days of Air America but now the signal is airing an all-news format under the brand “SLO Radio News 1340.” The station is using the long-form news blocks from America’s Radio News Network.
 ~ http://talkers.com/

This station with bad reception was the only liberal station in my area. Yet, it was where we could get Thom Hartmann, Stephanie Miller, Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy. Poof! They are gone! I can still get Stephanie on Current TV, Thom on FSTV and Randi and Mike nowhere without paying for it.

No wonder I have to listen to shit at the gym like I did yesterday about rich people creating jobs, and charities and churches should take care of the destitute and blah, blah. Anybody got any ideas about what we can do? Would it be possible to go before the County Board of Supervisors (pretty much morons but all we got) and try to make the case that hearing only one side of a message creates totalitarian states. I can point to Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Castro's Cuba, today's China, etc., etc.? Should I try to find out who posted the FB page and ask if there are others on board to doing something?

I'm really unfamiliar with pushing local political deities to do the right thing. Any advice? This is not good for San Luis Obispo, California or democracy.

I posted this in the CA forum and then thought maybe people from other states might have ideas who have faced this.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022330892

A very bitter primitive. Now she can't get Thom Hartmann, Stephanie Miller, Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy talking about how wonderful Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Castro's Cuba, and today's China was and is.  What will she do?

Here's hoping she does take her mentally ill complaint to the County Board of Supervisors and that the whole episode is videotaped.  Then all of us could enjoy the comedy together.

Feel sorry for some of the people in San Luis Obispo for having to subsidize this anti-American trash.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:32:19 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Cleita primitive can't get her hate radio anymore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
No wonder I have to listen to shit at the gym like I did yesterday about rich people creating jobs, and charities and churches should take care of the destitute and blah, blah.
That's just crazy talk. :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
Sounds like it is time to face reality. Liberal talk radio sucks so bad other liberals won't listen to it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »
Quote from:
Coolest Ranger

19. Our rich liberals need to start buying up radio stations and making them all progressive.

Yeah, because rich liberals and left-wings kooks that reside on sites like DU have SO much in common.

Idiot.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
Yeah, because rich liberals and left-wings kooks that reside on sites like DU have SO much in common.

Idiot.

Rich liberals got that way by not practicing what they preach.  They know better than to waste their money on radio stations that no one listens to.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »
Rich liberals got that way by not practicing what they preach.  They know better than to waste their money on radio stations that no one listens to.
That's what PBS and NPR are for.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »
That's what PBS and NPR are for.

Yep, liberals want the government to fund what they want to listen to.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »
I'm glad that she recognizes that hearing one side of the argument is bad.  Obviously, this means that she balances out the hateful left-wingers she listens to with the rational voices of Rush, Sean and Glenn whenever possible, right?  It also means that, in addition to her account at the Hive, she's also a member in good standing here, of course.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
Let's not forget that she certainly is constantly on Skinner to change his rules and allow conservatives to post there.  I don't have any proof, but she says she's a believer in making sure both sides get heard.  A DUmmie wouldn't lie, would she?
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline NewKidOnTheBlock

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »
Those liberals don't understand, radio is about advertising, advertising is about money. Liberal radio sucks and doesn't raise the cash.

Some lesson about Air America is in there somewhere, but it's beyond a liberals grasp.

A very bitter primitive. Now she can't get Thom Hartmann, Stephanie Miller, Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy talking about how wonderful Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Castro's Cuba, and today's China was and is.  What will she do?

Here's hoping she does take her mentally ill complaint to the County Board of Supervisors and that the whole episode is videotaped.  Then all of us could enjoy the comedy together.

Feel sorry for some of the people in San Luis Obispo for having to subsidize this anti-American trash.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
The problem with progressive radio probably is when you advertise to a bunch of moochers it is wasted money. None of them losers at DU have 2 nickles to run together because Bush and the rich stole all their money, so they won't be buying the products that are advertised.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »
I never noticed the Cleita primitive until that thread on how awful churches are for forcing Bibles on poor people.  Wow DUmmie.   I'm going to keep my eye on you.

It's obvious she doesn't understand the way the world works.  Not much of a difference from other DUmmies in that regard.

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »
DUH, you dumb dummie.  If your radio hosts are broadcasting anywhere in the U.S., you can listen to their live feed over the internet and without interference.

How on earth have these people survived this long?

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »
I never noticed the Cleita primitive until that thread on how awful churches are for forcing Bibles on poor people.  Wow DUmmie.   I'm going to keep my eye on you.

It's obvious she doesn't understand the way the world works.  Not much of a difference from other DUmmies in that regard.

Familiarize yourself. (This is easier than listing individual threads)

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?action=search2
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46:10 PM »
The problem with progressive radio probably is when you advertise to a bunch of moochers it is wasted money. None of them losers at DU have 2 nickles to run together because Bush and the rich stole all their money, so they won't be buying the products that are advertised.

It must be hard to find the right advertisers to match the progressive demographic. Besides head-shops and planned parenthood who else would want to advertise to lefties?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:23:28 PM »
Familiarize yourself. (This is easier than listing individual threads)

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?action=search2

Thank you Tucker.

ETA:   :rotf: 
I thought you were sending me to a crazy post of hers.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 05:58:29 AM »
Thank you Tucker.

ETA:   :rotf: 
I thought you were sending me to a crazy post of hers.

CC . . . I find your lack of faith in Tucker . . . disturbing.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE[/youtube]

(Scroll ahead to 1:40.)

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Seriously, though--would any of us old-timers deceive you? :???: :???: :???:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:38 AM »
She can get XM/Sirrius on her phone for 14 bucks a month.  She can listen to all the liberal drivel she wants any where, any time
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 06:59:46 AM »
She can get XM/Sirrius on her phone for 14 bucks a month.  She can listen to all the liberal drivel she wants any where, any time

It's only 2.99 for us evil capitalistic rethugs. Since I already have it, it's just adding a 2nd (or 3rd) radio.

She can get it on her computer too.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
Have I got this right?  She wants her County Board of Supervisors to do something about what content a privately held radio station broadcasts?  I suppose if a rock station suddenly went country or oldies, she'd want them to do something about that, too?

So in their mind, anything with a governmenty-sounding name can do anything.  Anything at all. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »
No wonder I have to listen to shit at the gym like I did yesterday about rich people creating jobs, and charities and churches should take care of the destitute and blah, blah.
Yesterday at the gym, I listened to a playlist of the songs nominated for 2013 Grammy Awards (great CD at WalMart).

The day before, I listened to a playlist of Lady Gaga and Adele.

The day before that, I listened to a playlist of Roxette and Blondie tunes.

I think today will be Fleetwood Mac and Foreigner.

I've never listened to the radio at the gym.

I don't believe DUmmy Cleita has ever been inside a gym.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
Yesterday at the gym, I listened to a playlist of the songs nominated for 2013 Grammy Awards (great CD at WalMart).

The day before, I listened to a playlist of Lady Gaga and Adele.

The day before that, I listened to a playlist of Roxette and Blondie tunes.

I think today will be Fleetwood Mac and Foreigner.

I've never listened to the radio at the gym.

I don't believe DUmmy Cleita has ever been inside a gym.

You voluntarily listened to Lady GagMe?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
CC . . . I find your lack of faith in Tucker . . . disturbing.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE[/youtube]

(Scroll ahead to 1:40.)

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Seriously, though--would any of us old-timers deceive you? :???: :???: :???:

I thought Tucker sent me a link to a write up  on Cleita.  I clicked and it was the search page. Made me laugh.  :lmao:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
It must be hard to find the right advertisers to match the progressive demographic. Besides head-shops and planned parenthood who else would want to advertise to lefties?

I listened to Air America a few times and the ads were much different. They had ads for DUI schools and other things for college kids.

The ads for conservative radio seem to be aimed at small business owners and investors.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.