Author Topic: bluegrass primitive understands his role........ for now  (Read 274 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
bluegrass primitive understands his role........ for now
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:26 AM »
Quote from:
kentuck

What is the role of liberals and progressives in the Democratic Party?

As some would suggest, they are there only to impede progress and liberal ideas. The Democratic Party would be much better off without them. Or if they want to be part of the Party, they should just sit down and shut the **** up. Let the adults, the chess players, do what needs to be done. The Jerry Brown and Ralph Nader supporters should find a new Party. They are not welcome and we don't need them.

It seems all they are capable of doing is criticizing what the present leadership does or doesn't do. All they really need to do is just vote in the next election and bring all their friends along, so we don't get the fascists back in power. Their job is simple enough. The powers that be are not going to change. The money changers are in control of the temple and there is nothing we can do about it. So get used to it. Stop rocking the boat.

The way to win elections is to appeal to the middle ground. Everybody knows that. So why don't you liberals get on board? We don't need your advice. We know how to win elections without you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022256885

For the moment -- and only for the moment because the bluegrass primitive is just as likely to post a Dear Leader cheerleading thread next -- the bluegrass primitive understands his role is to vote and shut up.  The role of useful idiots has always been their part, but from time to time they recognize it and lament it, only to later do exactly as they're told to do, thus reaffirming they are nothing but cannon fodder except during election times.

Quote from:
KG

1. vote, then shut up and let the serious people get on with the bipartisanship.

:whatever:

But, it is your role in life.  Embrace it.

Quote from:
Myrina        Response to KG (Reply #1)

22. LOL, that was my thought exactly!

:banghead:  Would be funny if it wasn't so ****ing irritating.

How do you think the Dem pols feel when they actually have to address you unwashed dolts and pretend as though what you have to say is worth anything?

Quote from:
peace frog             Response to KG (Reply #1)

24. And to provide comic relief for the elites on both sides of the aisle.

The elites aren't the only ones laughing at how stupid you libs/progs are.

Quote from:
Plucketeer (5,858 posts)

33. Don't forget the "Send Money!"      Response to KG (Reply #1)

It just struck me that I have a better chance at hitting the jackpot with the state lottery than I do getting results in DC with my $20 - $30 - $40 dollar antes to the DCCC, DSCC, et al.

Definately don't forget that.  Don't forget Skinner either.

Quote from:
Atman

2. Did you forget something?

Like the sarcasm tag? Or was that serious?

Pedro is still unable to recognize just how stupid he is and how he is used by the very Dems he believes are on his side.

Poor Pedro

Quote from:
kentuck           Response to Atman (Reply #2)

3. No.

It was intentional. Just remember to vote.

Don't worry, Pedro is exactly the type of nitwit the Dems are sure they can depend upon.

Quote from:
MrSlayer

7. Doormats. Warm bodies. Useful idiots.

That's how they make us feel anyway. We elect these ****s and then they tell us how we need to do the center-right policy because it's the "only thing that can pass". Even if we have veto proof majorities and the electorate is begging us to reverse the flow, we MUST give consideration to the far right because it would be bad manners to affront them.

We're fools. But where else can we turn? They have that fact in their back pocket. If we really squeezed their balls the way the right does to the pukes we might have something going but we're so scared of what the right does in power that we can't teach the lesson.

In short, we have no real place in the party.

Sure you have a place.  Shut up and vote.  And then shut up until the next election.  How hard is this to remember, primitives?

Quote from:
cali

12. sigh. yet another post that brings the collective IQ of DU down, down, down.

silly, over generalized; lumping all progressives and liberals into one tidy mass.

Quote from:
kentuck               Response to cali (Reply #12)

13. To be honest...

I don't think the collective IQ of DU can get much lower.

Oh, where there's liberals involved, there's always a lower rung on the ladder.

Quote from:
democrank

15. Democrats are in a new Don`t-Make-Waves era where many freely trash unions, openly support torture and offer opinions like, "This is just how the Senate works."

Since I`m nearly 70 and have been a Democrat for decades, I can tell you that I hardly recognize the place. The fact that the party`s center post has been moved to the right and it`s now way "liberal" to be for things like unemployment benefits, affordable health care and civil liberties. This paves the way for Democratic progressives to be party outcasts. Just ask folks like Rahm Emanuel or Harold Ford or any number of "party spokespeople" on tv. They`ll excuse just about anything.

I`m from the Howard Dean wing of the Democratic party. I don`t make excuses for the corporate takeover of our leadership and I don`t make excuses for things like our pitiful oversight of poverty. My progressive/liberal values were formed during the Vietnam War and during the Civil Rights movement and I can`t imagine ever changing.

Like I used to say when I posted regularly on this board, you can`t look at a pile of dog crap and call it a strawberry sundae, so progressives and liberals should stay true to their guiding principles, whether "mainstream" Democrats want us to or not.

Your guiding principles are "What's in it for me?," not these items you falsely claim you care about.  I haven't seen where any of you have changed at all.

There a few on the thread telling him he's wrong, but the 100% Dear Leader cult are like that.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:04:28 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: bluegrass primitive understands his role........ for now
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »
You know what pisses them off the most ?

the TEA party -

Unlike The liberal faction of the Democrats, the TEA party can and does get people elected.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: bluegrass primitive understands his role........ for now
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »
kentuck               Response to cali (Reply #12)

13. To be honest...

I don't think the collective IQ of DU can get much lower.

What it must feel like to have the one intelligent thought you ever had be to realize how stupid you really are.