Author Topic: FNDS: DUmp monkeys blame Fox News for balloon boy  (Read 1941 times)

Offline jinxmchue

FNDS: DUmp monkeys blame Fox News for balloon boy
« on: October 18, 2009, 07:58:03 PM »
Fox News Derangement Syndrome continues:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=6806490&mesg_id=6806490

tabasco  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Sun Oct-18-09 07:25 PM
Original message
Sounds like Faux News is a co-conspirator in the balloon hoax

"Investigators are examining the possibility of other conspirators, "including the possibility that even some of the media outlets may have had some knowledge about this," Alderden said.

Documents show that a media outlet has agreed to pay money to the Heenes with regards to the balloon incident, Alderden said. He didn't name the media outlet, but said it was a show that blurs "the line between entertainment and news." It wasn't clear whether the deal was signed before or after the alleged hoax, or whether that media outlet was a possible conspirator."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iC6jwbmzuVUF4YLJVJo5CPNtOLxQD9BDPSSG0

To DUmp monkeys, that translates as Fox News, of course.  Idiots.  It's more like MS-NBC.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: FNDS: DUmp monkeys blame Fox News for balloon boy
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:00:58 PM »
90% of CNN Headline News' coverage today was the balloon family.  I think I'd go poke another anthill.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:37:53 PM »
Daddy Heene was an "I-Reporter" for CNN or something. I heard.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »
90% of CNN Headline News' coverage today was the balloon family.  I think I'd go poke another anthill.

Did anyone on fox even intervirew the Heene's?

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 11:19:55 PM »
Did anyone on fox even intervirew the Heene's?

I think it was Larry King or Wolf Blitzer of CNN that interviewed them. "We did it for the show"

Offline atruevoice

• omg paris hilton lol
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 02:47:49 AM »
This incident itself is actually dispicable, the father should be jailed and fined. The amount of money that was lost due to this FUC*ing idiot is unsermountable. Flights were rerouted, costing airlines likely hundreds of thousands if not millions in fuel alone, thus causing flights to be delayed or cancelled, thus causing business people to be late for meetings, or perhaps some were on their way to interviews, possibly loosing a potential job, the thousands of man hours used my the national guard and police forces and now the cost that will go into this investigation. I doubt any media outlet wanted any part in such a thing, it was likely just this crack head father moron retard who thought it would make him famous, it worked I guess, but hes mostly infamous and should not profit off of this one bit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 04:08:57 AM »
This incident itself is actually dispicable, the father should be jailed and fined. The amount of money that was lost due to this FUC*ing idiot is unsermountable. Flights were rerouted, costing airlines likely hundreds of thousands if not millions in fuel alone, thus causing flights to be delayed or cancelled, thus causing business people to be late for meetings, or perhaps some were on their way to interviews, possibly loosing a potential job, the thousands of man hours used my the national guard and police forces and now the cost that will go into this investigation. I doubt any media outlet wanted any part in such a thing, it was likely just this crack head father moron retard who thought it would make him famous, it worked I guess, but hes mostly infamous and should not profit off of this one bit.

:thatsright:  I actually agree with you, ATV . . . Is it TEOTWAWKI?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 05:06:22 AM »

[singing] mumble mumble blah blah blah LEONARD BERNSTEIN![/singing]

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 05:40:41 AM »

Blind squirrel, nuts, blah, blah, blah...you get the idea.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »

unsermountable.

Should I look it up?

Sounds like the definition of Helen Thomas.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 08:37:25 AM »

Agreed.  I would add that a stipulation of that "fine" be that he reimburses the state for all EMS services and other assundry incomes losses due to his asshattery.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
Supposedly the d*ckhead is looking at felony charges.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »
unsermountable.

Should I look it up?

The End Of The World As We Know It . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 12:26:28 PM »
unsermountable.

Should I look it up?

Don't bother. I think the word ATV was looking for was INSURMOUNTABLE. Don't tell me another DUmmie troll has invaded.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 01:12:22 PM »
Don't bother. I think the word ATV was looking for was INSURMOUNTABLE. Don't tell me another DUmmie troll has invaded.

Hopefully, you don't mean me.  I didn't catch the miswording in ATV's post.  I think it was more the amazement at the first two thoughts matching what I was thinking that caused me to stop reading after the phrase "****ing idiot."

Chase her.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »
Hopefully, you don't mean me. 
Not at all, Sir. I was merely poking fun at ATV's inability to spell.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »
Not at all, Sir. I was merely poking fun at ATV's inability to spell.

*wipes brow*  Okay.  I've learned that there are some of us that I don't want pissed at me.  Thankfully, I think like almost all of said members.

Chase her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »

Sometimes a broken clock gets right.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:01:22 PM »
This incident itself is actually dispicable,
It's spelled: despicable

the father should be jailed and fined.
Never discount the virtue of horse-whipping.

The amount of money that was lost due to this FUC*ing idiot is unsermountable.
It's spelled: insurmountable and it means unable to overcome. You post implies the cost was so great nothing could ever pay for it.

Flights were rerouted, costing airlines likely hundreds of thousands if not millions in fuel alone,
Millions? Do you always run around making up facts?

thus causing flights to be delayed or cancelled,
Actually, no flights were cancelled and this fact has been widely reported. You should stop making-up facts.

Still, this does nothing to undermine the virtue of a good horse-whipping.

thus causing business people to be late for meetings, or perhaps some were on their way to interviews, possibly loosing a potential job,
No, really, stop making shit up.

BTW - it's spelled: losing, as in "to not have possession of" not loosing which is "to set free from a bound state"

the thousands of man hours used my the national guard

I work at the state HQ of the Colorado National Guard and have my ear to the G-3's door and while they were spinning up a chopper to attempt a mid-air rescue and the potential that said rescuers could have come to harm infuriates me to no end...

BUT

...we did not soend THOUSANDS of man-hours. FFS we aren't THAT incompetent!

Quit making shit up.

and police forces and now the cost that will go into this investigation.
Horse-whipping: it's cheaper than jail...and it just feels right.

I doubt any media outlet wanted any part in such a thing, it was likely just this crack head father moron retard who thought it would make him famous, it worked I guess, but hes mostly infamous and should not profit off of this one bit.
Whatever your college is charging you, drop out and pay me half and I'll see to it you're twice as smart as you are now.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 09:42:06 PM »
I think DUmmy ATV was just being nuanced.

Offline atruevoice

• omg paris hilton lol
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 12:43:19 AM »
The point was that the possible monetary losses and inconveniences were uncalled for and he should be held responsible, sorry if I wasn't completely factual in my statements, I do mean this, please just tell me that you agree with me on that point.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 12:46:24 AM »
The point was that the possible monetary losses and inconveniences were uncalled for and he should be held responsible, sorry if I wasn't completely factual in my statements, I do mean this, please just tell me that you agree with me on that point.

He is going to be held responsible.

The sheriff was on Fox earlier tonight and said that felony charges were going to be filed next week by the DA. They are still gathering evidence from the FAA, among other places.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline atruevoice

• omg paris hilton lol
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 12:50:31 AM »
Thank you, I really appreciate that. To credit Fox News I don't believe that they would have even done something like this, to even blame Fox makes some people look dumb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 04:05:54 AM »
Thank you, I really appreciate that. To credit Fox News I don't believe that they would have even done something like this, to even blame Fox makes some people look dumb.

ATV, it makes all those who blamed FNC look bad.  Thing is, some of those who blame FNC don't care that they look bad.

Chase her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 06:12:21 AM »
ATV, it makes all those who blamed FNC look bad.  Thing is, some of those who blame FNC don't care that they look bad.

Why should they care when they have tacit approval from the White House to baselessly attack Fox News?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn