Author Topic: Federal Government Contractor in Georgia Charged.  (Read 1929 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Federal Government Contractor in Georgia Charged.
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:48:21 AM »
Star Member blogslut (30,902 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141791935

Federal Government Contractor in Georgia Charged With Removing and Mailing Classified Materials

by accounts she was a total leftist loon who believed that being white was terrorism (she was white).

"What's her DU name?"

FM123 (187 posts)
4. Wait, her name is Reality Winner?

A criminal complaint was filed in the Southern District of Georgia today charging Reality Leigh Winner, 25, a federal contractor from Augusta, Georgia, with removing classified material from a government facility and mailing it to a news outlet, in violation of 18 U.S.C. Section 793(e).

shanti (18,274 posts)
38. Apparently, she changed her name

It used to be Sara.

janterry (360 posts)
6. Oh, no and she's just 25. This could be a mess for her

Star Member still_one (52,455 posts)
31. then either she didn't cover for herself well, or she knew exactly what was up, and it was time to go public

In my book she isa pretty courageous person

Star Member politicat (9,238 posts)
46. I think she knew that, but the Intercept burnt her, too.

They published in such a way that it made the whistleblower-hunter's job easy by narrowing the focus.

The Intercept burnt her on purpose. I've got a feeling it exists as a honey trap for whistleblowers, because no organization with the institutional experience of what not to do with whistleblowers would do it again unless they wanted to send a message to other whistleblowers that they're not safe.

Washington Post looks like they may be the safest haven. They know how to protect their sources.

****ing Greenwald.

Star Member barbtries (18,280 posts)
9. this is weird.

her name is unique. she has no presence on FB or Linked In as far as i can see. i can find no picture of her.

more than anything i wonder if she is a patriotic American trying to help save democracy or if she was bribed so much money it was worth it to her to take this risk.

i won't click on right wing sites.

metalbot (775 posts)
28. She very much has a facebook presence

https://www.facebook.com/RealityWinner

Her page, unfortunately, is not very locked down, and is currently being vandalized pretty heavily.

metalbot (775 posts)
61. I found the defacement of her page really upsetting

This was a very normal girl, most of her posts being about her crossfit, various workouts, family, and cats. Her settings were set to allow anyone to comment on her posts, and most of her posts were public, so the comment streams are completely vile.

bigtime (651 posts)
19. great that the information is provided to the public

and then essentially confirmed by the actions of the FBI / DOJ. but a bummer for Reality Winner.

Star Member barbtries (18,280 posts)
11. who's gonna go after the president?

"Exceptional law enforcement efforts allowed us quickly to identify and arrest the defendant,” said Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein. “Releasing classified material without authorization threatens our nation’s security and undermines public faith in government. People who are trusted with classified information and pledge to protect it must be held accountable when they violate that obligation.”

at first glance this appears to have been leaked to the American people. What about Trump? leaking to the russians. who's the threat around here these days?

they'll make hay with this story so that the information it contains, which is damning to the country, is lost. they'll always do that. and they'll get away with it time after time. the story isn't the leaker; it's the russians and the trump administration. i do not want to lose sight of that.

i know this is all really speculative.

flibbitygiblets (92 posts)
16. I'm sorry but that name sounds like something Trump would make up

"Hmm, what's the opposite of 'Fake Loser'? Brilliant, no one will ever suspect!"

Star Member still_one (52,455 posts)
24. You are right Blue. This is a smoking gun. I just kind of wonder if it would have been better for The Intercept to hold off a little longer before releasing it to the public

madville (3,594 posts)
26. She'll do a few years in federal prison

Probably lose any VA benefits she had previously earned in the military, never hold another security clearance or position of trust. This is a small one-off incident so after the initial day or two newsflash she'll quickly be forgotten.

They're gonna make an example of her to other federal employees in similar positions though, go for the max sentence from the government side.

Goprox (35 posts)
32. Did Putin lover Glenn Greenwald rat her out?

I don't know.

Star Member deurbano (1,297 posts)
34. Charged under the Espionage Act? Seems she committed "espionage" against Russia, not the U.S.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/05/media-leaks-cybersecurity-espionage-239162

<<The Trump administration on Monday brought its first case under the Espionage Act, charging an intelligence agency contractor with leaking a classified document to a news outlet.>>

inwiththenew (298 posts)
37. I wish her luck because she's about to be made an example to serve as a warning to others

Ole Jeffey is probably licking his lips.

Star Member McCamy Taylor (16,863 posts)
41. this has sessions written all over it

mr_lebowski (353 posts)
58. 'Classified' is damn near anything ... just because she had TS clearance doesn't make ...

the leaked information 'Top Secret', and nowhere does it say it was. All it says is 'classified' over and over. How many cans of beans there are in the kitchen on an aircraft carrier is 'classified' FFS.

And if it's the Intercept info, how the hell is that rightfully called 'national defense information'?

It's more like "Drumpf Defense Information".

And who the hell is dumb enough in a job like this ... to contact the media on their damn WORK PC ... and then proceed to hand over classified info they PRINTED OUT, knowing a record is made of said printout ... when that's done?

This whole thing, from her name, to the info in the article itself ... it's pretty damn sketch if you ask me ...

bluestarone (104 posts)
63. my question is WHY THE HELL IS THIS SHIT CLASSIFIED ANYHOW!!!!! Don't we citizens have a RIGHT to know this after this much time has passed since the election??????????????? this should change a lot of the assholes (TRUMP PEOPLES) minds (you would think)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Federal Government Contractor in Georgia Charged.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »
Hopefully DU-folk and like-"minded" Libs/Progs will have plenty of such felon-martyrs in the coming months and years.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:33:04 PM »

A criminal complaint was filed in the Southern District of Georgia today charging Reality Leigh Winner, 25, a federal contractor from Augusta, Georgia, with removing classified material from a government facility and mailing it to a news outlet, in violation of 18 U.S.C. Section 793(e).

Rush pointed out this morning that this is the same exact section that Comey said hillary clinton violated last year in regards to her private server but gave her a pass because he couldn't find any intent on her part to distribute classified material.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 12:33:25 PM »
shanti (18,274 posts)
38. Apparently, she changed her name

It used to be .SaraStupid

How long till they nominate her for sainthood. :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »

Rush pointed out this morning that this is the same exact section that Comey said hillary clinton violated last year in regards to her private server but gave her a pass because he couldn't find any intent on her part to distribute classified material.

Not quite correct. I don't know what Rush said, but Winner's charge is under (f), not (e), and her alleged confession is more likely to make this case more cut-and-dried. Let me go over the two.

First, Hillary's charge.

18 U.S.C. Section 793(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

This was the crime that Comey laid out succinctly, a very easy case to prove until he dropped the case because "it couldn't be prosecuted." (He of course was right, Lynch wouldn't have touched this with a 10-light-year pole).

And now Winner's violation:

18 U.S.C. Section 793(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

The snowflakes think she's going to walk, but unless she's lucky enough to get a lawyer and a court who will drop the confession she gave upon her arrest, she's going to see at least 5 years.

"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 02:41:01 PM »
bluestarone (104 posts)
63. my question is WHY THE HELL IS THIS SHIT CLASSIFIED ANYHOW!!!!! Don't we citizens have a RIGHT to know this after this much time has passed since the election??????????????? this should change a lot of the assholes (TRUMP PEOPLES) minds (you would think)

Sources and methods, DUmbstarone.

::)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »
bluestarone (104 posts)

Hey, DUmbskull! The intel was collected last summer. Ask Obama and his sycophants why they kept it secret.

Do these DU-Twerps know how to use a freaking calendar?!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:50:18 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 03:45:49 PM »
LOL @ "This is a smoking gun". No, a smoking gun would be something that actually, you know, implicates Trump, and in a criminal act.

What do you want to bet that this is not the first time Russians have tried to hack some sort of entity related to our elections?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 04:43:22 PM »
Have the DUmmies ever proven how the Russians hacked into precinct & county elections in every state?

Um, no.  Pure conjecture and wet dreams of liberals, media & DUmp monkeys.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
Mz. Winner is about to get a really good lesson in the reality of breaking federal law.  She will probably win a 5-10 yr federal prison sentence and learn the reality of life behind bars. 

She should probably just go ahead and change her name to Federal Prison Bitch.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »
No priors and a sterling record otherwise, I doubt she'll really do more than a year of actual time.  But the felony conviction and security clearance revocation should do a lot of damage to her regardless of the time served.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »
Sounds like Reality Winner has a score to settle.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »

She should probably just go ahead and change her name to Federal Prison Bitch.

:-)

H5!
Deplorable since 2016

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 07:21:32 AM »
She's going to prison, and I sincerely hope that every day she is there, she is sodomized by a huge bull dyke using dirty plumbing materials.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 04:18:18 AM »
I saw earlier that she was denied bail.  *snicker*

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 07:10:31 AM »
I saw earlier that she was denied bail.  *snicker*

Yes, the judge said she was a threat to the country.
I'm LMAO.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 08:01:07 AM »
Yes, the judge said she was a threat to the country.
I'm LMAO.

Seems there was some shit in her personal papers about wanting to burn down the White House and joining the Taliban.

:lmao: :popcorn: :-)

I do so hope the DUmmies invest their pwecious widdle emotional lives in this dumb bitch, so I can watch the resulting trainwreck with glee.  And a raging Schadenboner, of course!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 08:11:45 AM »
Seems there was some shit in her personal papers about wanting to burn down the White House and joining the Taliban.

:lmao: :popcorn: :-)

I do so hope the DUmmies invest their pwecious widdle emotional lives in this dumb bitch, so I can watch the resulting trainwreck with glee.  And a raging Schadenboner, of course!

Those of us who do or have worked in that "field" have to wonder why her co-workers and supervisors didn't notice this and report her.  She's DU crazy and I highly doubt she kept her mouth shut about her views at work.