Author Topic: Liberals politicize everything. EVERYTHING!  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Liberals politicize everything. EVERYTHING!
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:47:04 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028601954

Grassy Knoll (6,429 posts)

Down 25, The Greatest Comeback In Super Bowl History!

Now then, a normal person would have just watched the game and would either be extremely glad your side won or terribly upset that your side blew a 25 point lead. The next day you would either gloat a little or try to avoid the water cooler for the first part of the day, maybe enjoy a bit of banter, whatever. But it's a football game, and that's about as far as it goes.

For a normal person. But not these insane, hateful DUmmies.

MFM008 (8,390 posts)
1. **** Brady and maggot.

greedy bastard should have retired already.
Winning is never enough for these assholes.

former9thward (17,763 posts)
3. Haters got to hate.

MFM008 (8,390 posts)
14. yeah because this trump loving dick

is greedy, very very greedy, typical republican.
To bad they didn't break his neck.
Assholes like this always skate through the cracks of life.

former9thward (17,763 posts)
17. "To bad they didn't break his neck."

Besides not being able to spell you are very sick.

MFM008 (8,390 posts)
22. because I detest the patriots?

take your spell check somewhere else.
Brady and the maggot in chief are one and the same.
Brady is a greedy greedy clown.
Keep your mental health evaluations to your self.

Achilleaze (1,363 posts)
54. How very Trumpian to whine and fulminate and make excuses

The Falcons played a great game. The Patriots played better. Suck it up butttercup.

Try a smidgen of good sportsmanship, and congratulate the superior, winning team.

DiverDave (4,461 posts)
56. yep, a "buttercup"

Now where have I heard THAT before?
Go back to rim job and tell him you were outed
Cheaters nev...oh, but they do.
let me ask a question, what would you say if the Falcons cheated and won?
I think the anger would be heard all over America
Morals, honor, integrity.
Something pats fans DON'T have

NoGoodNamesLeft (1,848 posts)
26. Are you all better now?

Anger is cool...wishing death on a football player over politics is not.

MFM008 (8,390 posts)
27. geez you dont come from a football family do you

I was raised by a rabid Pittsburgh fan.
Breaking his neck was one of the milder things I heard about the Opposing team...OR the PS when they were doing stupid shit.
(especially Bradshaw)
Geez lighten up .

NoGoodNamesLeft (1,848 posts)
37. Actually I do, and politicizing sports is dumb

One of my family members also suffered a spinal cord injury from a broken neck and it paralyzed them from the neck down. Wishing that on someone is ignorant.

mythology (6,399 posts)
46. How about if I sold a fake supplement that claimed to cure AIDS, cancer and diabetes?

That's what Tom Brady and his guru have done. Tom Brady is a piece of shit human being who has personally profited from selling snake oil to desperate people. He belongs in jail for that shit. It's why he's a fraud. That and his coaches cheat (both Belichick and McDaniels) and Brady

He should be jeered and booed and known around the word for being a disgraceful human being everywhere he goes. It's all he will ever be.

LenaBaby61 (1,525 posts)
43. Trump loving racist team

Brady, being the elitist, lying, pos, cheating thuglican he is loves tRumputin and will go to the White House, unlike when he skipped going to the White House when Pres. Obama was president. The cheating coach does and Robert Kraft being the tRumputin liar is too. But, not al of the NE Patriots players are pro tRumputin, and even 3 that I can think of said they may not go to the White House if they won the SB. Bet they have to go because their owner is besties and just like his lying, racist POS buddy tRumputin.

I sure will be HAPPY when Brady, Kraft, the coach and the rest of the tRumputin lovers on NE go down in flames just like tRumputin will. Cheaters and liars do get their comeuppance. I'm happy for the NE players who are anti-tRumputin who won tonight. Good for THEM.

Martin Eden (7,614 posts)
12. For the first time ever ...

... my primary rooting interest in a football game was political. The Patriots owner, head coach, and quarterback are all big boosters of Donald Trump.

That comeback felt like November 8.

lame54 (18,134 posts)
18. If the Falcons were gonna lose like they were supposed to...

couldn't they have just lost instead of leading for 90% of the game

I said the same thing - it's the election all over again

And in another thread, we have this totally decent thread...until the first reply.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141691829

SecularMotion (7,516 posts)

Tom Brady dedicates Super Bowl LI to his mom
Source: MassLive

Tom Brady's mom made it to Super Bowl LI and the Patriots quarterback is dedicating the game to her.

Brady revealed earlier in the week to Comcast SportsNet New England's Tom Curran that his mom had been battling illness for the last 18 months and hadn't been to a game yet this season.

He hoped she'd be able to make Super Bowl LI.

On Saturday, the Patriots quarterback posted a picture on Instagram of him and his dad giving his mom a kiss on the check on the field at NRG Stadium.

Read more: http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2017/02/tom_brady_dedicates_super_bowl.html

Coventina (15,066 posts)
1. Pathetic attempt to distract from his true love: Trump

virgogal (8,327 posts)
11. Shame on you---it's his ill mother,for heaven's sake---his mother.

Why such hate?

Coventina (15,066 posts)
13. Maybe if he wasn't such an arrogant, cheating, Trump humper he'd get more sympathy.

I have nothing against his mother - except that she apparently raised an ethically-challenged child.

paleotn (2,117 posts)
2. up yours, deflate.

MADem (134,865 posts)
5. I think he's dedicating HIS game (his playing time), not THE game.

He's losing, so no real need to rub his nose in it. (Posted when the score was still 28-3)

Looks like the Trump Curse spreads far and wide.....

George II (19,517 posts)
8. Yes, but ooops! An unbelievable game, and I hate that people are trashing him....

....for honoring his mother who may not be with him for much longer.

6000eliot (5,283 posts)
6. She teach him how to cheat?

George II (19,517 posts)
7. Come on, that was WAY out of line.

And then there's the ads. Now, normally I detest commercials. However, commercials during the Super Bowl have been known to be the most interesting and memorable ever. The Mean Joe Green Coke commercial, the Apple 1984 commercial to name a couple. But now...now even that has been corrupted by the left. It started with the very first ad from Google, and it went downhill from there.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028602089

Freedomofspeech (1,016 posts)

We won the ads...
That's all I care about. So heartwarming to watch. RESIST.

Dallasdem1988 (5 posts)
8. Someone please talk me down.

I was just talking to my Roomate on the ride home from the watch party and he said something very similar.

What immediately made me feel off(something I admit I didn't feel watching the lovely ads during the game, especially the lumber one!) was that it seems so odd that all of a sudden the big corporations are on our team.

I have felt so betrayed since the comey letter that I feel I can't trust anything, and something just doesn't feel right having these corporations that have always put profit over people all of a sudden in our corner.

14. The fact that these corporations stood against the bastard trump was amazing.

Gave me more hope than I've had in three months.

Trust Buster (5,287 posts)
9. "We won the ads" ? What does that mean ?

13. The ads were all about embracing everything that tRump is against.

No, you loon. Ads are supposed to be about selling a product, not ramming your leftist agenda down our throats.

Trust Buster (5,287 posts)
15. Well, they won the presidency, the Senate, the House and the vast majority of state legislatures.

I would hold off on spiking the football in the end zone at this time. We need many more victories of greater import IMO.

18. Please let me enjoy the fact that these corporations took on that asshole Bannon and tRump.

I am suicidal. It was a breath of fresh air.

C_U_L8R (20,013 posts)
11. Yes, and even more

We won the brands. It's heartening to see
so many companies take a solid public stand.

Vermijelli (16 posts)
24. The ads are designed to make money, period.

Don't be fooled.

virgogal (8,327 posts)
30. The massive cost of those ads could support thousands of families for a year.

Eyeball_Kid (254 posts)
31. The ads were well made, but we didn't win anything. Fox Sports, however, won big.

I'm not using sports as a metaphor for politics. It isn't a reliable indicator for politics. Recall that the Cubs' WS win was supposed to predict a Hillary victory. We see what happened.

No thanks. There's no karma link, no spiritual resonance. Pats won, Falcons lost. Game's over. Now it's on to spring training and another week full of Trumpy Drama.

kelly1mm (3,512 posts)
32. The fact that you think there were ads to be won and that anyone but the corporations 'won'

is why we will continue to lose.

38. I'm so sorry that I offended you...

Everything is so damn negative since the election and the ads brought a little levity last night. This election has about killed me and I have worked my ass off for many, many elections. I am hardly part of the problem because I enjoyed a few positive ads.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:06:26 AM by Happy Fun Ball »

Offline SVPete

Re: Liberals politicize everything. EVERYTHING!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:00:26 AM »
Achilleaze (1,363 posts)
Try a smidgen of good sportsmanship, and congratulate the superior, winning team.

It's surprising, after so many DU-posts, that this DU-member understands his/her fellow DU-members so poorly. DU-folk would - and probably have - politicize a bowl of oatmeal ("Is that oatmeal from XYZ Corp.? They donated to Ronald Reagan!" "Were those oats grown in Kansas? Screwm!").
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:11:21 AM »
Laughed as I waded through that cesspool during the game last night.  They just can't separate normal life and fun from politics.  And their viceral hatred of Trump and Republicans in general.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
Man, they're not going to like it when Brady gets into the Hall of Fame. Their tears will be enough to burst a dam.

Oh, and the ads were kind of neither here nor there. You would think Trump had initiated some sort of crack down on diversity. What would the left be if they couldn't prop themselves up with straw men?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 09:38:40 AM »
Laughed as I waded through that cesspool during the game last night.  They just can't separate normal life and fun from politics. And their viceral hatred of Trump and Republicans in general.
We live rent free in their minds.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
Recall that the Cubs' WS win was supposed to predict a Hillary victory.

What?  :o

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »
1. They are fascists not liberals.
2. The entire democrat party is becoming like the DUmp.
3. I don't see how this ends peacefully, the fascists want a physical confrontation.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »
What a bunch of vile and disgusting animals.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »
Politically I'm to the right of Caesar. That being said, the politicizing is going on for both sides right now. On Breitbart EVERYONE is suddenly a Pats fan.

My non political opinion? Belichick is still a cheating bastard and he always will be. Just because he likes Trump doesn't mean I'm jumping on his bandwagon.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 10:55:48 AM »
Remember when that damn greedy Michael Jordan came back from retirement and led the Bulls to 3 more NBA Championships?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
What?  :o

Something to the effect that if the NL team wins the WS, the party in the White House isn't supposed to change.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
Something to the effect that if the NL team wins the WS, the party in the White House isn't supposed to change.
Kind of like that whole Redskins prediction thing that was surprisingly accurate until Bush won (it was to be Kerry according to this).

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 01:05:28 PM »
1. They are fascists not liberals.
2. The entire democrat party is becoming like the DUmp.
3. I don't see how this ends peacefully, the fascists want a physical confrontation.

Schlichter has a good read out on that at Townhall via Ace's:

The Left Hates You. Act Accordingly.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/02/06/the-left-hates-you-act-accordingly-n2281602

Of course, we've known this for a very, very long time.  The article is primarily for those who still willfully deny what is beating them over the head.   He even admits that they've now gone far beyond what he thought they we capable of.  Good read.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Delmar

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »

... my primary rooting interest in a football game was political. The Patriots owner, head coach, and quarterback are all big boosters of Donald Trump.

I've never followed football, but this primitive has just made me a Patriots fan for life.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »
Sucks to be a leftist.  :mental: :loser:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 07:15:59 AM »

I've never followed football, but this primitive has just made me a Patriots fan for life.

That DU-dude needs a 72-hour involuntary commitment! And if released, 6 months of anger management therapy. There's a whole lot more to life than politics - Trump will be out of office in 8 years, max - and he needs to discover it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
Don't know if Rush still does the bit, but his "Politically Correct Football Picks" certainly was prescient.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 11:57:29 PM »
18. Please let me enjoy the fact that these corporations took on that asshole Bannon and tRump.

Apparently not enough, DUmmie.  Try harder.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »

Actually, those ads were all but certainly planned out before Election Day, when a CHILLary victory was anticipated. Audi's ad especially was to be sycophantic suck-up to the new queen.

But so long as Trump keeps doing what he's doing, Fos and his/her DU-ilk can have as many such advertising "victories" as (s)he wants. Most Americans aren't buying those messages, and resent being clubbed over the head with them.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 09:36:43 AM »
Don't know if Rush still does the bit, but his "Politically Correct Football Picks" certainly was prescient.
Weren't those "environmentalist wacko" picks?  Don't recall him doing that in recent years.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »
Weren't those "environmentalist wacko" picks?  Don't recall him doing that in recent years.

You might be right. Or he may have used both names for the bit.